Chapter 31

KangTeuk lovestory

 

A/N:

I hope you don't feel that I'm rushing things.... 

Anyway, HAPPY READING!

------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

It had been weeks since Kangin and Yesung were expelled. Ryeowook and Leeteuk were stuck in their rooms without a room mate. Once the night fell and they had to stay in their rooms, they let the loneliness creep back. The silence was too loud for them both.

 

It was December and Christmas was only a few days away. Students were allowed to go home for the holidays, though some chose to stay. Even though many students had chosen to go home for Christmas, everyone had to chip in to decorate the school. And, since the students’ finals were over and there was no more school work to be done, most of the students either relaxed or decorated already. The students wouldn’t get to leave campus before the 22nd and so there were several student activities organized for the ones who wished to participate. 

Leeteuk, Siwon and Kibum were on their way to decorate the basketball hall. As they were walking they passed the library, where Ryeowook was decorating with other students.

 

“Ah, Ryeowook!” Leeteuk chirped and walked towards Ryeowook.

 

Ryeowook turned to see Leeteuk walking towards him and a smile appeared on his face. “Leeteuk!” He chirped. He hugged Leeteuk tightly as they met, and the latter returned the hug and ruffled Ryeowook’s hair.

 

“How have you been?” Leeteuk asked and smiled as they broke the hug.

 

Ryeowook shrugged. “Uh... I’ve been better.” He said and forced a smile. Ryeowook’s sentence made Leeteuk’s heart hurt because he knew why. “How have you been?” 

 

“Uh... Good I guess.” Leeteuk lied as he shrugged.

 

Ryeowook shook his head and sighed as he looked to the floor. “I miss Yesung.” He mumbled.

 

Leeteuk bit his lower lip, not knowing what to say. He felt guilty, Ryeowook was a good friend and he didn’t deserve to lose the person he loved.

 

“Don’t you miss Kangin?” Ryeowook asked and looked up into Leeteuk’s eyes.

 

Kangin. The name sent shivers down his spine. He nodded without a second thought. 

 

“Do you think I’ll get to see Yesung this Christmas?” Ryeowook asked, his eyes filled with hope.

 

Leeteuk’s eyes widened. “I-I don’t know...”He muttered. He wondered if he would get to see Kangin during Christmas.

~~

 

It was Christmas and Leeteuk was finally home with his family. The Park family had a tradition of inviting close family friends and co-workers for their Christmas dinner. 

Mr. Park held a short speech after all the guests had arrived, also announcing that his son was home for Christmas. After the speech people started to mingle as they waited for dinner to be served.

 

Leeteuk was walking around the the first floor, where the guests were, greeting several people. He tried to look as happy as possible in his white tuxedo, but he couldn’t stop thinking about Kangin. School would start about a week after new year, which meant that this would probably be his only opportunity to talk to Kangin before summer.

 

“Ah, son!” 

 

Leeteuk was snapped out of his thoughts by his father’s voice. He looked up and saw his father in front of him with a girl right next to him. “Huh?”

 

“There is someone I’d like you to meet.”  Mr. Park said as Leeteuk approached them.

 

“Ah, who is this?” Leeteuk asked his father awkwardly without looking at the girl and received a nudge from his father.

 

“Son, have you lost your manners?” His father chuckled humorlessly, earning a nervous giggle from the girl. “Son, introduce yourself properly.” His father demanded.

 

Leeteuk glanced at his father once before smiling warmly and bowing to the girl. “My name is Park Jung Soo, but you can call me Leeteuk.” He said and straightened himself.

 

The girl smiled. “It’s nice to finally meet you again.” She said before taking Leeteuk’s hand in both of hers. “My name is Kim Taeyeon.” She said and squeezed Leeteuk’s hand before letting go.

 

“Good, good. I’ll let you two get to know each other.” Mr. Park said and walked off. Leeteuk watched his father leave in suspicion. Taeyeon coughed and smiled when she received eye contact from Leeteuk.

 

Leeteuk smiled and shrugged. “So, what school do you go to?” He asked.

 

“Miyoung girl school.” Taeyeon said. “And you go to private school?”

 

“Yeah...” Leeteuk answered. 

 

“So... do you remember me?” Taeyeon asked and grinned.

 

Leeteuk studied her face carefully and shook his head. “I’m sorry, no.”

 

“We used to go to the same kindergarten, silly!” Taeyeon giggled and playfully slapped Leeteuk’s arm.

 

“Really?” Leeteuk asked and chuckled nervously.

 

“Yeah!” Taeyeon said and grinned.

 

They kept chatting happily until dinner was served, and they decided to sit next to each other at the dinner table. Siwon sat on Leeteuk’s right side with another girl next to him.

 

“She’s pretty!” Siwon whispered to Leeteuk.

 

Leeteuk looked at Siwon and smiled awkwardly. “Yeah, I guess she is.” He whispered and looked past Siwon. “Who is your girlfriend?”

 

Siwon frowned. “She’s not my girlfriend and her name is Tiffany. She is American.”

 

Leeteuk nodded and gave Siwon a thumbs up, which Siwon rolled his eyes at.

~~

 

In the meantime at Kangin’s house, the family was eating Christmas dinner. Kangin’s younger sister, Sooyoung, had also moved in recently.

 

“Mmm~!  Minyoung umma, this food is so delicious!” Sooyoung sang as she chewed the food Minyoung had prepared.

 

“Yeah, I’ve never tasted such delicious foods before!” Kangin agreed and smiled before continuing to eat.

 

Minyoung was touched and looked at Sooyoung and Kangin. “You two are so sweet.” She said. “I wonder what you guys ate when you lived with Yoonji.”

 

“Instant noodles.” Both Kangin and Sooyoung muttered at the same time without looking up at Minyoung.

 

“That’s it? All day?” Minyoung asked and raised her eyebrows. Kangin and Sooyoung hummed in response. Minyoung gaped and looked at Doo-Joon.

 

“Well, we don’t eat instant noodles in this house, so there’s no worry about that.” Doo-Joon said and smiled at his kids, who smiled back at him before continuing to eat.

 

Kangin finished eating his third portion and wiped his mouth with a napkin. “Thank you, Minyoung. It was really good.” He said before taking his plate and going to the kitchen.

 

“You’re welcome!” Minyoung chirped.

 

Kangin went to his room after washing his plate and the first thing he did when he entered his room was dial Yesung’s number on his phone.

 

“Hello?” 

 

“Yesung-yah! Merry Christmas!” Kangin said and chuckled.

 

“Omo! Kangin-ah, merry Christmas!” Yesung laughed. “How is everything going?”

 

“It’s really great actually, my stepmom is really good at cooking! How are you?” Kangin asked.

 

“Really? That’s great! I’m at Ryeowook’s place.” Yesung said.
 

“Huh? Why?”

 

“He invited me to come over since he’s home for Christmas. These people are really nice!”

 

Kangin smiled to himself since Yesung was happy. Suddenly something crossed his mind. “Y-Yesung?” 

 

“Yeah?” Yesung answered with worry in his voice.

 

“Do you know if Jung Soo is home too?” Kangin asked and held his breath as he waited for an answer. Yesung was quiet for a moment before he started to chuckle evilly. “Yah, Yesung! I’m serious!” Kangin snapped as he felt nervous.

 

“I’m sorry, I just had to!” Yesung laughed. After calming himself down he continued speaking. “But, yeah. Ryeowook said something like that.”

 

“Said something like what?”

 

“That Park was going home for Christmas.” 

 

Kangin felt his heart flutter and only Leeteuk was on his mind at that moment. “Y-Yesung, I gotta go...”

 

“You’re gonna go look for him, aren’t you?” Yesung asked, sounding amused. 

 

Kangin sighed and shook his head. “You know me too well.” He muttered before hanging up.