chapter 19

KangTeuk lovestory

 

The basketball players were in the middle of the game. Siwon was running towards the hoop, while another player was bouncing the ball and running towards the hoop as well.

“Here!” Siwon yelled and stretched out his arms. The other player tossed the ball above two other players from the opposite team and Siwon caught it. He turned around quickly, jumped above the hoop and threw the ball down through the hoop. Right after the ball went through the hoop, he held on to the hoop before letting go and landing on the ground. The crowd went wild and Siwon ran back to his team and got plenty of high-fives from his team mates.

 

“YEAH! You go, Siwon!” Leeteuk cheered and clapped his hands. Meanwhile, Kibum was frozen in his seat. He was staring at Siwon in awe, just admiring him. Leeteuk decided to tease Kibum a little bit. “So, you like Siwon?” Leeteuk asked and nudged Kibum.

Kibum quickly turned from gazing at Siwon to looking at Leeteuk. “Huh?”

“It seems to me like you fancy Siwon quite a bit.” He said teasingly and smirked. 

Kibum blushed and bowed his head. “W-what makes you say that?”

Leeteuk shrugged. “I don’t know.” He lied. “You seem a bit taken aback by him.”

“Uh...” Kibum mumbled and looked up at Leeteuk. “What if I like him?” He was searching Leeteuk’s eyes. He was searching for a sign of disapproval, but found none.

Leeteuk just smiled back. “If you like him, I think you should tell him. Siwon likes people who are straight forward. Plus, he doesn’t understand hints.” He said and chuckled.

Kibum’s eyebrows were raised and his jaw had dropped. “Really? You... you think I should tell him? B-but what if he doesn’t like me back?” He blurted out and grabbed Leeteuk’s arm in desperation.

Leeteuk patted Kibum’s hands. Leeteuk’s eyes widened at Kibum’s reaction. Is he serious? He thought.

“What do you mean-” Leeteuk started, but was interrupted. 

“LEETEUK!” 

Leeteuk turned around to see Donghae waving at him from a distance. A huge grin formed on both boys faces. Leeteuk stood up and motioned for Donghae to come over to him. The latter did as told and pushed past a bunch of people until he reached Leeteuk. 

“Hi, Leeteuk!” Donghae chirped and smiled. Leeteuk didn’t waste time on greeting the boy and hugged him tightly. Donghae returned the hug happily. 

When the hug broke, Leeteuk spotted Ryeowook right behind Donghae. “Oh... Hi, Ryeowook. You two know each other?”

“No, we just met.” Ryeowook giggled.

 

Leeteuk raised an eyebrow at Donghae. He then noticed that the boy’s face was now flustered and he slowly started to bow his head. “How?” Leeteuk asked. “Did something happen?”

“We met in the library. We met via Kangin, Yesung and Eunhyuk.” Ryeowook said and grinned.

“Eunhyuk?” Leeteuk looked back at Donghae. “Who’s that?”

Donghae bit his lower lip. He then pulled Leeteuk’s arm lightly. “Can we go somewhere else?”

-

Donghae, Leeteuk and Ryeowook went out of the crowded basketball hall and walked down an empty corridor. They stopped about halfway. Donghae looked in every direction to make sure there was no one there. He then looked up at Leeteuk and bit his lower lip.

“Donghae?” Leeteuk said calmly and placed his palm on Donghae’s shoulder. “You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to.” He smiled assuringly.

“I want to.” Donghae whispered. He took a deep breath and continue. “Eunhyuk is the guy I had to tutor. We came here together.” 

Leeteuk had to think for a moment before her knew who Donghae was talking about. “What?!” He whispered. “Why did you come with him?! He’s a bully!”

Ryeowook’s jaw dropped. He wouldn’t think such about Eunhyuk. 

“I know, I know!” Donghae whispered back. “I wanted to go to meet you and Siwon, and he he wanted to come with me. He said he wanted to meet Kangin and Yesung.” He shrugged.

“But why would you say yes?” Leeteuk asked and frowned. 

Donghae stared at Leeteuk before bowing his head again. “B-because... H-he is my boyfriend...” He whispered under his breath.

“He what?” Leeteuk raised an eyebrow. “Donghae?”

“Because he is my boyfriend...” Donghae mumbled.

Leeteuk couldn’t understand what Donghae was saying. He got worried that Eunhyuk might have hurt Donghae. He grabbed Donghae’s shoulders and made him look into his eyes. “Say it so I can hear it.”

Donghae took a deep breath and looked deep into Leeteuk’s eyes. “B-because h-he is my b-b...”

Leeteuk raised his eyebrows. “He’s your what?”

Donghae leaned towards Leeteuk’s ear and whispered. “Boyfriend.”

Leeteuk backed away and cupped his mouth. His eyes widened as he stared and Donghae, who was fighting the urge to look away. “What did he do to you?!” Leeteuk hissed in a whisper. He saw Donghae’s cheeks getting redder and redder. “Oh, God!” Leeteuk slapped his forehead and leaned on a wall. “Why is this happening?!” He mumbled as he palmed his face with both hands.

Ryeowook palmed Donghae’s shoulder and smiled at him. Donghae turned and smiled back at Ryeowook. The latter then took a step towards Leeteuk. “Leeteuk, why don’t you approve of Donghae’s relationship with Eunhyuk?”

Leeteuk removed his hands from his face and looked at Ryeowook and sighed. He shook his head and shrugged. “I... I guess part of it is that Eunhyuk is a bully and I don’t trust him. The second thing is that Donghae and Eunhyuk are both boys.”

“So what?” Ryeowook asked.

Leeteuk shrugged. “It’s wrong.”

“Why?” Ryeowook asked with no sign of judgement, only understanding and curiosity.  

“Because it is.” Leeteuk replied. His eyes getting wetter. He didn’t even know if he, himself, believed what he was saying. After all, he did confess to Kangin in a dream. 

“Leeteuk, I really like Yesung...” Ryeowook said as calmly as he could, though he could feel tears welling up in his own eyes.

~~

 

Meanwhile, Kangin, Yesung and Eunhyuk were in the gym locker rooms with the janitor. Each boy had a bucket with a sponge inside beside them, while the other equipments were in a locker.

“Go on, guys! When the game is over each team is gonna want a good shower. When I come back the showers and toilets better be sparkling. That counts for the floor too!” The janitor said loudly before marching out.

 

“UGH!” Eunhyuk grunted. “Why am I getting punished?! I don’t even go to this school!” 

Yesung and Kangin both ignored him and went to get soap. They filled their buckets with soap and warm water before heading for the showers.

“What? You guys are ignoring me now?” Eunhyuk complained as he stood in his place and stared at the other two.

“Yesung, since I’m taller than you, I will take the walls, okay?” Kangin suggested.

“Sure. Then I’ll take the floor.” Yesung agreed and they both started scrubbing. Eunhyuk glared at the two, but they didn’t notice. 

“Guys!” Eunhyuk yelled, but they ignored him. He sighed in frustration and crossed his arms.

“You know, Yesung,” Kangin started.

“Huh?” Yesung said while scrubbing the floors.

“This would go way faster if someone would just shut up and clean.” Kangin finished and smiled to himself, trying to hold his laughter. He dipped the sponge in the bucket of water, squeezed out the water and continued scrubbing.

“I agree.” Yesung said. “But, you know them molesters and rapists are masters when it comes to messing up. While, cleaning up is another thing.” They both chuckled to themselves.

Eunhyuk felt his cheeks getting hot as his friends insulted him and pretended like he wasn’t there.

 

“YAH!” Eunhyuk shouted. “Stop pretending like I’m not here!” 

“Yesung, did you hear something?” Kangin asked and sounded oblivious while scrubbing the walls.

“Yeah, but I must have heard wrong because it sounded like an ugly monkey- AAAAH!” Yesung was interrupted by Eunhyuk pouring his entire bucket of soap and water on him.

“See! Us rapists and molesters do know a thing or two about cleaning!” Eunhyuk laughed. “AAAH!” Eunhyuk screeched as Kangin poured dirty water from his bucket all over him.

“Sure, but you’re still dirty!” Kangin laughed.

The three boys ended up having a play fight. Their weapons were soaps, cloths, sponges and water. They were laughing and dodging each other the whole time. In the end the floors, showers and toilets turned out pretty clean. Despite all the water, everything was cleaned.

The boys were now lying on the floor panting and facing the ceiling.

 

“Eunhyuk?”Yesung panted.

“Huh?” Eunhyuk answered. 

“How long are you staying?”

“Until the end of this tournament, which means Sunday.” Eunhyuk replied.

“Where are you staying?” Kangin asked.

“The players and teachers will stay here, while the rest of us will either stay here or go back home and come back tomorrow.” Eunhyuk answered. “I’ll ask Donghae where he’s staying.”

Kangin and Yesung looked at Eunhyuk.

“Guys, if you call me a or molester one more time, I’ll starting throwing fists.” Eunhyuk warned.

Kangin shrugged and looked back up at the ceiling. 

“Why don’t you give us a proper explanation then?” Yesung suggested.

Eunhyuk took a deep breath. “Okay...”

* * *

 

[A/N: How do you like the story so far? I feel like I keep blabbering....

EunHae is back! But they won’t stay for too long, which is why these chapters are so slow and detailed... Sawi :3  Thanks for subscribing and commenting! Love y’all!
P.S I considered doing a chapter about EunHae, but I decided not to. It's because I don't wanna lose my focus on the main couple. ;-)]