Chapter 26

KangTeuk lovestory

 

“I... I still can’t believe it.” Siwon muttered to himself as he walked back and forth in his room. “I was hoping it was just a joke, but... the look in his eyes.”

 

“What, that Leeteuk is with Kangin?” Kibum asked as he sat cross legged on his own bed watching Siwon worriedly. 

 

“Yes and the fact that he is gay!” Siwon said through gritted teeth. 

 

Kibum frowned. “Is it that you can’t believe it or that you just don’t like it?” He asked.

 

“Both.” Siwon answered.

 

“Why does it bother you so much? I don’t get it.” Kibum muttered and frowned. 

 

Siwon stopped his walking and turned to face Kibum. “You don’t get it?” He asked as if making fun of Kibum.

 

“No, I don’t.” Kibum said and raised an eyebrow at Siwon. 

 

Siwon sighed. Suddenly he chuckled humorlessly and bowed his head. 

 

Kibum stared at Siwon and frowned again. “I’m actually happy for them.” He said and shrugged.

 

“How can you be happy for them?” Siwon asked in a more serious voice.

 

“They really like each other and now-”

 

“It’s all fake!” Siwon interrupted Kibum and waved his hand in the air. “Kangin is a trouble maker and he has finally managed to drag Teukie along.”

 

“Siwon, aren’t you being a bit harsh?” Kibum asked. 

 

“Kibum, why are you defending them?” Siwon asked stared at Kibum with a dagger-like glare.

 

Kibum flinched and looked away. 

 

Siwon sighed. “I need to go talk to Teukie.”

 

“Right now?” Kibum asked and looked up at Siwon.

 

“Yeah.” Siwon muttered as he started for the door.

 

“But...” Kibum hesitated. “Do really want to clean lavatories tomorrow?” He asked.

 

Siwon turned to face Kibum. “I’ll talk to him this time and I’ll be quiet. Plus, the hall monitors won’t be out before at least thirty minutes since a lot of people are still up.” He said and left out the door.

 

Kibum puffed his cheeks and sighed. “How am I supposed to confess when you can’t even accept your best friend being with a man.” He whispered to himself.

-

 

“So he took it pretty well?” Kangin asked as he lay on his bed facing the ceiling. 

 

“Yeah... or better then I thought he would.” Leeteuk said and smiled.

 

*Knock! Knock!*

 

Without waiting for any response Siwon walked into the room. “Teukie, we need to talk.”

 

Both Kangin and Leeteuk sat up straight in their own beds.

 

Kangin raised an eyebrow. “This late?”

 

“Yes.” Siwon asked without taking his eyes off Leeteuk.

 

“Okay...” Leeteuk muttered and patted and empty space on his bed. “You can sit here.”

 

“No, I want to talk to you in private. Let’s talk in the hallway.” Siwon said and motion for Leeteuk to follow him.

 

Leeteuk sighed and got up out of his bed. “Fine, but make it quick. I don’t want to get in trouble again.”

 

Siwon led Leeteuk out in the hallway and they walked down the corridor. After a short while, Siwon stopped and leaned himself on a wall.

 

“So, what’s up?” Leeteuk asked and leaned himself on the wall opposite to the one Siwon was leaning himself on.

 

“Are you sure about this?” Siwon asked with a worried expression as he stared into Leeteuk’s eyes.

 

“Sure about what?” Leeteuk asked.

 

“About this relationship with Kangin.” Siwon muttered.

 

“Again?” Leeteuk asked and rolled his eyes. “Yes, Siwon. I am sure. Why do you keep asking?”

 

“Are you even gay?” Siwon blurted out.

 

Leeteuk flinched and looked to the floor. “I... I don’t know. I don’t think so...” He murmured.

 

“You’re not. I know you’re not.” Siwon said darkly.

 

Leeteuk looked up at Siwon in confusion. “Huh?”

 

“And I know for a fact that you don’t love him.” Siwon stated.

 

Leeteuk’s lips slightly parted as he stared at Siwon. “Wh- huh?! I-I know I... I probably don’t... at least not now, but-”

 

“You never will.” Siwon stated.

 

Leeteuk stared at Siwon in utter disbelief. “How can you-”

 

“Can’t you see that he’s playing with you?!” Siwon said through gritted teeth.

 

“Siwon!” Leeteuk yelled.

 

“He doesn’t love you, he never will and you know it.” Siwon stated.

 

Leeteuk’s jaw dropped. “Siwon, what is wrong with you?!”

 

“I’m telling the truth and you know it. Why would I lie to my best friend?” Siwon asked.

 

“But, what kind of best friend would say such things?! Why can’t you accept our relationship?!” Leeteuk asked.

 

“Because it’s wrong.” Siwon shot.

 

Leeteuk was speechless. Truthfully from Leeteuk's point of view, what Siwon said was correct, at least that was what they had always learned.

 

“You know I’m right, don’t you?” Siwon said in a softer voice. 

 

Leeteuk nodded and sighed. “But, it doesn’t feel wrong, so it can’t be wrong.” He said more to himself.

 

“Oh yes, it can. And it is.” Siwon said and chuckled humorlessly. 

 

“Siwon, I...” Leeteuk started.

 

“Look, Teukie, I’m your best friend. I don’t want to see you hurting. Just break up with him and find yourself a lovely girl back at home.” Siwon said.

 

“What if... what if I love Kangin? What if I can’t love anyone else?” Leeteuk asked. At this moment he felt more confused than ever. He didn’t know what to do anymore. 

 

“You don’t love him.” Siwon stated. He could tell Leeteuk was breaking down and took advantage of the fact that Leeteuk had let his guard down. “You can do better than this. Don’t disappoint your parents even more.”

 

Leeteuk stared blankly at the floor as he took in everything Siwon was saying.

 

“How do you think they would feel if they found out their son had turned gay? They would feel disgusted and ashamed!” Siwon spat. “On top of that, he turned gay in a private school that was supposed to discipline him into a more descent person. What would they do? How shameful that would be for your family.” 

 

Leeteuk felt tears run down his cheeks.

 

“And on top of it all; how would they react when they find out that the boy their son has fallen for is the same boy that caused their children harm, the reason their son was sent here?” Siwon added and paused to look into Leeteuk’s red teary eyes with pity and shook his head. “If they found out,” He started and stepped closer to Leeteuk. He lifted the latter’s chin up so they were looking straight into each others each others eyes. “You would be better off dead.” 

 

Leeteuk’s eyes widened in horror and his jaw dropped as he stared at Siwon. “What have I done?” He panted.

 

Siwon placed his hands on Leeteuk’s shoulders. “You now know that I’m right?” He asked as he stared into Leeteuk’s eyes.

 

Leeteuk nodded as tears ran freely down his cheeks.

 

“Then you know what you have to do, right?” Siwon asked.

 

Leeteuk blinked. “I...”

 

Siwon sighed. “Come with me.” He said and dragged Leeteuk down the corridor with him. As they walked down the hallway the hall monitors were already, and, unfortunately, they were stopped by one.

 

“Where do you two think you are going at this time?” The hall monitor asked, luckily, he wasn’t as strict looking as the other one they had met the other day.

 

“We have to see the counselor. It’s urgent.” Siwon said softly.

 

The hall monitor raised an eyebrow. “At this hour? What for?”

 

“It’s about a bully victim.” Siwon said and stared at the hall monitor with pleading eyes.

 

Leeteuk stared at Siwon in shock. What was he planning on doing? And when did he get so good at acting?

 

The hall monitor’s expression softened. “Alright, go ahead, but don’t stay too long. Your bedtime is set for a reason.” He said and let them pass.

 

“Thank you so much, hyungnim!” Siwon said, bowed and smiled before dragging Leeteuk with him again.

 

“S-Siwon,” Leeteuk panted. “A-are we really going to the c-counselor?” 

 

“Yes.” Siwon answered as the walked down the stairs.

 

“Wh-what for?” Leeteuk panted, feeling woozy and confused.

 

“Did you not hear what I said to the hall monitor?” Siwon asked.

 

“I-I did...” Leeteuk muttered, it felt like he was going to lose control of his feet.

 

“Well, I wasn’t lying.” Siwon said as he walked towards the counselor’s office. 

 

There was always at least one counselor in the office no matter what time, because the school wanted the students to feel like they always had someone to, and in case of emergency. 

 

Siwon knocked on the counselor’s door before noticing Leeteuk’s poor state. “Teukie?” He said in a soft tone.

 

Leeteuk, who had been bowing his head, looked up at Siwon with half lidded eyes. “Hm?”

 

“Are you alright?” Siwon asked.

 

“I feel sick...” Leeteuk muttered and leaned on the wall next to the door.

 

The door opened and revealed a small, friendly looking man with glasses. “Hello. Is there anything I can help you young gentlemen with?” He asked and smiled.

 

“Yeah, we would like to talk to you about a bully case.” Siwon said and cocked his head in Leeteuk’s direction.

 

The counselor’s expression turned serious and he looked at Leeteuk from head to toe. “Come in.” He said and walked inside his office.

-

 

“So, you said his name is Kim Young-Woon?” The counselor asked.

 

Leeteuk nodded lazily while Siwon answered, “Yes.”

 

“And he is your room mate, Jung Soo?” The counselor asked and looked at Leeteuk.

 

“Yes.” Leeteuk muttered weakly. 

 

The counselor had been writing everything the boys had said down on in a notepad. “Okay. And Kim Kibum. Where is he?” He asked.

 

“In our room.” Siwon said. “He is probably sleeping.”

 

“Uh-huh...” The counselor muttered as he wrote. When he finished writing he looked up from Leeteuk to Siwon and took off his glasses. “You know, this is a very serious situation and I appreciate the fact that you two decided to come here and talk to me about this.” He said. 

 

Siwon smiled proudly while Leeteuk nodded without looking at the counselor. 

 

“The fact that something like this happened on school grounds is really shocking.” He continued and shook his head. He then looked at Leeteuk. “Park Jung Soo,” He started and earned eye contact from Leeteuk. “I understand why you must feel uncomfortable sharing rooms with this person. I will show you where you can find spare mattresses and you can sleep in Siwon’s room if you want to.” He said and Leeteuk nodded.

 

“Thank you so much, counselor!” Siwon said and bowed on his chair. 

 

“No problem.” The counselor said and smiled. “Now, you said there was another person involved. Kim Jongwoon?” The counselor asked.

 

“Yes.” Siwon said and nodded.

 

“And Lee Hyukjae from Seoul High?” The counselor added.

 

“Yes.” Siwon answered.

 

“Okay.” He said and wrote something in his notepad and sighed. “I think we’re done now. Let me show you where to find mattresses now.” The counselor said and grinned. 

 

Both Siwon and Leeteuk got up from their chairs, but just when he got up, Leeteuk fell back down and hit the ground.

 

“Leeteuk!” Siwon yelled and kneeled next to his best friend. “Teukie!” He yelled again and shook Leeteuk, but the latter didn’t move. He was unconscious.

 

-----------------------------

A/N:

BOO!! 

Yeah, three updates in ONE week. *proud*

Anywho, that means I might just update once next week :-/

But, don't worry! that gives me plenty of time to write!! :D

Saranghaeyo! <3