Chapter 37.2

KangTeuk lovestory

A/N:

Finally this chapter is posted. Do you guys have any idea how many times I had to re-write this? -.- Aigoo~ at least I didn't leave you guys for three months again xD

Anyway, I really hope you enjoy the second part of chapter 37. What do you think will happen in the next chapter? 

Btw, my birthday was yesterday ^_^ (June 15th) wanna wish your slow writing author a happy one? 

And, as always

SARANGHAEYO! I LOVE YOU!

---------------------------------------------------

 

 

It was the day of the party and Kangin was readying himself in the bathroom. 

 

“You look handsome, son.” Doo-Joon said as he stood himself in the doorframe. with his hands behind his back. 

 

“Thanks.” Kangin muttered as he combed his hair. 

 

“You do want to impress his parents as well as him, right?”

 

“What?” Kangin looked over at his father.

 

“Well, seeing that you really seem to like Jung Soo, wouldn’t you want his parents to like you as well?” Doo-Joon asked as he eyed Kangin.

 

Kangin shrugged. “I guess...” He muttered.

 

“I saw you bought some flowers. That’s a good start.” Doo-Joon complimented.

 

“They’re for Jung Soo.”

 

“Well, I recently went to buy some new, expensive wines and I thought about the party you were going to...” Doo-Joon pulled out a fancy looking wine bottle from behind his back. “All I know is that fancy folks like fancy things.” He chuckled. 

 

Kangin blinked at the wine bottled his father was offering him before hesitantly taking it. “Thank you.” He said and nodded at his father. 

 

“No problem.” Doo-Joon waved a hand in the air. “The parents know of your relationship, right?” 

 

Kangin thought for a moment. “I... actually don’t think so.” He admitted. “They seem pretty conservative from what I have heard about them.”

 

“Then you should probably keep it a secret until Jung Soo decides it is time to come clean.” Doo-Joon said and crossed his arms while eyeing Kangin.

 

“But I want them to know. They should know! And if they have anything against mine and Leeteuk’s relationship, so be it! We can live here with you guys if we have to.” Kangin said. From his change of mood one could already tell that he was agitated. 

 

“They are Jung Soo’s parents and so Jung Soo will decide himself when he wants to tell them.”

 

“But as his parents, don’t they have a right to know?” Kangin asked as he stared Doo-Joon deep in the eyes. 

 

“They probably do. Tell me, why do you think Jung Soo has not yet told his parents of your relationship?”

 

Kangin sighed. “They are conservative and do not like homouals.” 

 

“Anything else?” Doo-Joon pressed on.

 

“Maybe... he is ashamed of me.” Kangin muttered while looking away from his father.

 

Doo-Joon shrugged. “Well, it is your fault that he was sent to a private school.” Kangin shot a glare at his dad, which the latter ignored. 

 

“Are you ready yet?” Sooyoung asked as she poked her head inside the bathroom.

 

Kangin frowned at his sister. “Who said that you’re going?” 

 

“Jessica invited me!” Sooyoung stuck her tongue at Kangin.

 

Kangin shot his sister a death glare, hiding the fact that he was glad his sister was close with Leeteuk’s sister. “Alright, I’m almost done.” 

 

Sooyoung went downstairs to put her shoes on. Doo-Joon walked over to Kangin and palmed his son’s shoulder, earning eye contact from the latter. “I can tell that you really care about Leeteuk. Promise that you will be patient with him.”

 

Kangin looked at his father for a moment before nodding once. “I’ll try.” 

-

 

Doo-Joon drove his two kids to the Park’s residence soon after. Once they had reached the Park’s house, Doo-Joon stopped the car and let Sooyoung and Kangin get out of the car. “Bye, guys! Have a nice evening and say happy New Year to the Parks from me.” He said and winked at his kids.

 

“Okay, dad. See you soon!” Sooyoung chirped and waved at her father.

 

“See you later, dad.” Kangin said and after waving at his father, he followed Sooyoung towards the door of the house. Sooyoung rang the doorbell and they both waited patiently for someone to open the door.

 

They were soon greeted by mr.Park dressed in a dark brown tuxedo with a lighter undershirt. “Welcome to our home!” He said and spread his arms to emphasize. “I am Park James. Who are you?”

 

Sooyoung and Kangin were a bit taken aback by mr.Park’s welcoming, but they quickly managed to compose themselves. “My name is Kim Kangin and I am Jung Soo’s b-” Kangin cleared his throat. “Jung Soo’s friend.” Kangin finished with a small smile and shook mr.Park’s hand.

 

“Ah, Kangin! Jung Soo told us that he invited a new friend of his. And welcome you are in our house.” Mr.Park said before stepping aside and gesturing for Kangin to walk inside. Just as Sooyoung was about to follow after her brother, mr.Park stood himself in front of her.

 

“And who are you?” He asked in a stern voice, though is facial expression and smile showed friendliness.

 

Sooyoung gulped nervously. “My name is Kim Sooyoung and I am Kangin’s sister. Jessica invited me to come here.” She bowed and full 90 degree bow after introducing herself.

 

Mr.Park nodded and patted Sooyoung’s hair gently. “I have hear about you as well. Please, do come in.” He said and gestured for Sooyoung to come inside, which she did. 

 

“Welcome to our home!” Mrs.Park said to Kangin as the latter had just walked in to the huge living room. 

 

Kangin cleared his throat and straightened himself before handing mrs.Park the wine. “Thank you. Here, this is for you.”

 

“I brought chocolates.” Sooyoung said as she offered mrs.Park a box of chocolate.

 

“Aw! That was so sweet and thoughtful of you two!” Mrs.Park beamed as she received the gifts. Sooyoung and Kangin both bowed at mrs.Park.

 

“Leeteuk and Jessica are probably in the kitchen area.” Mrs.Park smiled before walking away from Kangin and Sooyoung, to put away the gifts. Kangin and Sooyoung walked around the big crowded living space and towards the kitchen. 

 

“I see Jessica!” Sooyoung chirped as she spotted her friend in the dining area and quickly made her way towards her. Kangin followed his sister slowly while looking around for Leeteuk. Suddenly he felt someone’s hands slap his shoulders lightly.

 

“BOO!” 

 

Kangin did not flinch, but turned around only to see a disappointed looking Leeteuk. “What?” Kangin asked as he chuckled lightly.

 

“Nothing....” Leeteuk muttered and puffed his cheeks. “I’m glad you could come.” He said and smiled warmly at Kangin.

 

“Me too.” Kangin smirked and embraced Leeteuk for a short moment.

 

After they broke their hug Leeteuk looked down at the flower bouquet in Kangin’s hand. “Who are those for? My mother is probably talking to some of the guests, if you wanted to give them to her.” He pointed at the flowers.

 

Kangin smiled coyly as he lifted the bouquet and handed it to Leeteuk. “They are for you.” 

 

Leeteuk’s jaw dropped as he received the flowers. His eyes were wide as he looked from the flowers to Kangin. “Young-Woon-ah... you didn’t have to...” He whispered softly as he caressed one of the petals on one of the flowers.

 

Kangin took a hold of Leeteuk’s hand and squeezed it softly, earning eye contact from the other. “But, I wanted to.” He said softly while staring into Leeteuk’s eyes lovingly. He wanted to lean down and fish for a kiss from Leeteuk, but the latter turned his head away.

 

“Um... th-they are beautiful. Why don’t you help me find a place to put them...” Leeteuk muttered and started walking towards the kitchen. He found a vase, filled it with water and placed the flowers inside the vase. Kangin watched what Leeteuk was doing and followed the latter as he found a place to put the vase.

 

“Have you met my parents yet?” Leeteuk asked with a smile after putting the vase with flowers on a small table.

 

Kangin nodded. “They greeted us when we came inside.”

 

“Ah...” Leeteuk nodded and looked around. 

 

“Jung Soo,” 

 

Leeteuk looked back up at Kangin. Kangin’s expression softened and almost looked apologetic. “Yes?”

 

“Can I talk to you about something?” Kangin asked.

 

“Sure,” Leeteuk answered while searching Kangin’s eyes. “Go ahead.” 

 

“Can we go somewhere more private?” Kangin asked as he glanced around the stuffed place.

 

“Yeah, of course. My room.” Leeteuk said and turned around to lead the way towards his room. Once

they were inside Leeteuk’s room, Leeteuk closed the door and both him and Kangin sat down on Leeteuk’s bed.

 

“So, what is it?” Leeteuk asked softly and looked at Kangin, who was sitting next to him.

 

“Jung Soo, do your parents know about us?” Kangin asked as he looked deep into Leeteuk’s eyes.

 

Leeteuk gulped. “Us?”

 

“Our relationship.” 

 

“N-no.” Leeteuk sighed and looked down at his laps. He folded his hands and fiddled with his fingers.

 

“Are you going to tell them any time soon?”

 

Leeteuk frowned, however he did not look at Kangin still. “Why are you asking me about this all of a sudden? Why right now?” 

 

“Because,” Kangin took Leeteuk’s hands in his, earning eye contact from the other. “I want them to know.”

 

Leeteuk creased his eyebrows as if he was confused. “Why?”

 

Kangin shrugged, but he still smiled at Leeteuk. “Well... my parents know. Why shouldn’t your parents know too?”

 

“My parents... they would not understand.” Leeteuk shook his head and looked away from Kangin.

 

“How do you know?” Kangin asked softly.

 

Leeteuk chuckled humorlessly. “I know my parents pretty well.”

 

“Do you love your parents?” 

 

Leeteuk looked back up at Kangin. “Yes?”

 

Kangin chuckled lightly at Leeteuk’s confused expression. “And they love you back, right?”

 

“...Yes.”

 

“Then what difference would it make if they found out about our relationship?” 

 

“They would not accept it.” Leeteuk answered sternly.

 

“But, you don’t know that.” Kangin urged on.

 

“But, I do!” Leeteuk tried to pull his hands away from Kangin’s hands, but Kangin kept a firm, yet soft grip on Leeteuk’s hands.

 

“How do you know?” Kangin asked with a small supporting smile.

 

“I just know...” Leeteuk muttered. 

 

“Jung Soo," Kangin started. "I love you.” 

 

Leeteuk flinched slightly at Kangin’s sudden statement. He gulped and bit his lower lip while averting his gaze from Kangin. His heart was beating a tad faster as he felt flustered. “I... I love you too.” He mumbled. He was surprised once again when Kangin pulled him into a tight hug. At first, Leeteuk tensed up, but after few seconds he calmed down and relaxed at the warmth of Kangin’s arms, and the slightly audible sound of Kangin’s heartbeat. He nuzzled himself against the crook of Kangin’s neck. 

 

“Don’t be afraid anymore. Everything will be OK. You just have to believe it.” Kangin said softly while caressing Leeteuk’s back. Surprisingly, his words and actions did sooth Leeteuk quite a bit.  

 

Leeteuk let out a deep sigh. His eyes were closed as he thought about what Kangin had said earlier, about telling his parents about their relationship. Kangin’s words and actions had managed to persuade Leeteuk. Leeteuk found all his negative thoughts slowly drifting away as all he could think about was him and Kangin happy together. It really was a nice thought. 

 

“Jung Soo?” Kangin muttered after a while.

 

“Yes?” 

 

“I want to tell them.” 

 

Leeteuk felt the nervousness return and he sighed shakily. “OK.” 

-

 

Kangin and Leeteuk walked down the stairs together and into the crowded living room. They walked past bunch of people as they searched for Leeteuk’s parents. Leeteuk had to admit that he did not recognize many of the people that were at his house, but as the son of a proud and respected father such as mr.Park, he had to greet everyone. 

 

“Isn’t that him?” Kangin asked as he squinted his eyes.

 

Leeteuk looked in the direction Kangin was looking and spotted his father. “Yeah, that is him.”

 

Kangin held on to Leeteuk’s hand as they both walked towards Leeteuk’s father. “Mr.Park?”

 

Mr.Park finished talking to one of the guests before he turned his attention to the two boys. “Yes?” He seemed to be in a pretty good mood. Leeteuk felt guilty already.

 

“Me and Leeteuk have something to tell you.” Kangin spoke casually. Leeteuk had to glance at his boyfriend in surprise. How was it that Kangin was so cool about this while Leeteuk was about to break out in cold sweat?

 

“Oh? And what may that be?” Mr.Park raised an eyebrow, but he was smiling. He did not seem to suspect anything bad.

 

Kangin cleared his throat. “I am your son’s boyfriend.”

 

Leeteuk wanted to dig a hole and bury himself in it as he watched his father's expression change. Mr.Park did not look happy anymore.