Chapter 6 - Free

New World

 

 

Sehun flung the blanket aside and stood up.

 

“Are we in trouble?” Sehun asked, standing beside Luhan. “And why are you still half ?”

 

Luhan looked down and remembered he’d taken off his shirt. He retrieved his shirt from the tree branch and put it on before explaining his dream to Sehun.

 

“It wasn’t a dream, though. It was more like… a voice… someone trying to tell me something. A message. Everything she said came true.”

 

“She?” Sehun’s voice was low.

 

“Yeah. I remember the voice being a girl’s.” Luhan held out the other stone tablet. “This… This is supposed to be yours.”

 

Sehun takes the tablet and looks at it, puzzled.

 

“So, your messenger girl said that these things will activate our… powers?”

 

Luhan nods. He picks up his own stone tablet and examines it. On the back, his name had appeared, engraved.

 

LUHAN . PSYCHIC . EXO-M

 

“Look, it has my name on it now. And.. psychic.” He puts up the stone tablet, letting Sehun see the engraving.

 

“Well, try it out. See if you can read my mind.”

 

“Okay…” Luhan didn’t know how to go about this. The previous times he’s been able to read Sehun’s mind, it had happened by accident. It was as if his powers were still unstable. But now that he is supposed to have control over it, he doesn’t know what to do. He thinks about the comics he’s read and games he’s played before. What did psychics do?

 

Luhan stared at Sehun’s eyes and focused. Sehun flinched a little bit after a while and Luhan’s cheeks flushed red.

 

“Sehun!” Luhan exclaimed, immediately withdrawing his mind from Sehun’s.

 

Sehun let out a small giggle.

 

“So, I guess it does work!” Sehun’s smile doesn’t fade and he looks down at the stone tablet he has in his hand. “Well, let me try now.”

 

Luhan looks at Sehun.

 

“Wind.”

 

The same events happen. The symbol glows and a beam of light shoots up and at the back of Sehun’s tablet was another engraving.

 

SEHUN . WIND . EXO-K

 

“Well? Try it.” Luhan asks.

 

Sehun proceeded to do what looked like a flimsy martial arts pose.

 

“What are you doing?” Luhan couldn’t help but smile.

 

“What? This is what they always do in the cartoons or movies. You make a stance and then… you strike.” Sehun punches the air in front of him and a huge gust of wind sweeps the field of grass in front of him. A satisfied smile flashes over his face.

 

“This is too awesome.” Luhan whispers to himself. Then he remembers the rest of what the voice had told him and made him see.

 

Contact Kai. Chen is in danger.

 

And the smile on his face vanishes as he remembers the image of Chen and another guy surrounded by red smoke.

 


 

 

“Do you know your symbols?” Suho shouts down one of the holes on the floor.

 

“You’re supposed to touch them and say your power!” Xiumin adds, peering down another hole.

 

Suho and Lay also had their own hole, looking at and speaking to Tao and Kai below.

 

“That’s how we activate our powers?” Kai shouts back.

“Yes! I remember you appeared in front of me in the shower and disappeared! If that was your power, it’ll help you guys get out of there!” Suho shouts down at Kai. Baekhyun giggled at the shower bit.

 

“Okay… Let’s try this.” Kai said. He was back in the game. He now knew what to do. He walks over to his symbol. Tao does the same. They both crouch down and put a hand over their respective symbols. The moment they did, another symbol glowed. The symbol of wind.

 

“Sehun…” Kai whispered. “I wonder how the others knew how to activate their powers.”

 

Tao shrugs and looks at Kai.

 

“Are you ready?”

 

Kai nods. Then they both say their powers.

 

“Teleportation.”

 

“Time.”

 

The symbols start glowing. Kai and Tao remove theirs hands from the symbols and backed away.

 

“That should have done the trick!” Lay shouts down.

 

“I don’t feel any different.” Tao said, looking at his hands.

 

“Let’s see about that.” Kai closes his eyes and inhales deep. Then he disappears in a puff of smoke and appears behind Tao in an instant.

 

“Whoa!” Tao jumps forward in surprise.

 

“It worked. I can’t believe we could have gotten out of here this easy!”

 

“Do you think you can teleport me along with you?” Tao asks.

 

“Let’s try.” Kai takes Tao by the arm and breathes in again. They both disappear in a puff of black smoke and appear in the room the four other boys were in.

 

Lay, Xiumin, Suho and Baekhyun all jump back in surprise.

 

Kai and Tao looked around. They were free.

 



 

 

“Okay, let me try one last time.” Kris said, spreading his arms outward.

 

“Krees, enough! You’ve practiced enough. You can fly!” Chanyeol exclaims in annoyance. Kris had tested his powers over five times now. Flying then landing. Flying then landing.

 

“Alright, alright. I just wanted to make sure. I don’t want to fall out of the sky all of a sudden.”

 

Kris crouches down and took on the stance of someone who gives piggy back rides.

 

“Okay, let’s go.” He says.

 

Chanyeol stares at him.

 

“What do you mean?” he asks.

 

“Well, we’re flying out of here. So, get on.” Kris says.

 

Chanyeol lets out a hearty laugh. Kris turns to look at him.

 

“I couldn’t sleep at all last night, all I did was think of the past games and cartoons I’ve seen. There was this one dude who could fly by firing blasts of fire from his feet and hands!”

 

“So, what you’re trying to say is…”

 

Chanyeol gives Kris his big smile. Kris always got unnerved at it, but it’s beginning to grow on him. He kind of liked it, he admitted to himself.

 

“What I’m saying is, we’ll both be flying. Separate. Besides, I don’t think you can take my weight on while flying. This is your first time.” Chanyeol says happily.

 

“This is your first time, too. Unless you’ve flown using jets of flames before.” Kris said, sarcastically.

 

“Of course not. But I know what I’m doing.”

 

Without warning, Chanyeol jumps and shoots flames from his feet. He is propelled a few feet into the air and stays there.

 

“Woohoo! Now this is more like it! Whoa!” a current of wind blows and knocks him a bit off balance. He shoots a jet of flame from his left hand to steady himself back again.

 

“Are you crazy!?” Kris shouts at him.

 

“Whoop!! Krees! Hurry up! This feels awesome!” Chanyeol started moving forward.

 

Kris sighed impatiently and started flying upwards, following Chanyeol’s trail of smoke.

 

They both disappear behind the clouds.

 


 

 

“We need to contact someone named Kai.” Luhan tells Sehun.

 

“Kai. He’s a friend of mine! The one I told you about. The one that appeared on our roof that one night!”

 

“The teleporter. He must be our ticket out of here! But, how am I supposed to contact him if I don’t even know him?”

 

Sehun and Luhan think for a minute.

 

“Well, this voice lady… Everything she’s said is all true. She didn’t leave anything out. If she wanted you to contact Kai, then she must know that you have the ability to do it, right?” Sehun says after a while. “Try concentrating really hard. You can connect with my mind. I know Kai. Maybe it’ll help, somehow.”

 

Luhan nods and immediately tries to connect with Sehun’s mind. As soon as he did, he was flooded with images of Kai. How he looked. Moments Sehun spent with him. How Sehun saw him. What Sehun felt for him.

 

Luhan flinched a little. This was too much information all pushed into his head too fast.

 

“Are you okay?” Sehun asked.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine. I’ll try contacting him now.” Luhan replied. He closed his eyes and focused on an image of Kai. Then in his mind, he repeated his name over and over again.

 

Kai. Kai. Kai. Kai…

 


 

 

 Baekhyun and Suho came flying towards Kai and hugged him. Lay and Xiumin did the same to Tao.

 

“I thought there were ghosts in there…” Tao said meekly.

 

“Aw, did you get scared?” Xiumin said, ruffling Tao’s hair.

 

Kai looked at them. He was so sure Tao was made of steel. This was totally different from the Tao he first met in that metal cage.

 

“Am I glad to see you guys! I thought I’d never get out of there!” Kai said, backing out of their three way hug.

 

“Hey, we thought we were trapped in that room forever, too, if it hadn’t been for Xiumin over there.” Suho pointed at Xiumin, who was still ruffling up Tao’s hair.

 

“And I wouldn’t have escaped if it weren’t for Lay.” Baekhyun added.

 

“So that’s Xiumin and Lay.”

 

Lay, Xiumin and Tao now looked at the other three boys and smiled. They were all put in nearly hopeless situations, but they've all gotten out. They’ve all managed to set themselves free.

 

Then Kai heard it. An unknown voice, whispering his name. He begins to turn around frantically, searching for the source but he sees no one else in the room with them.

 

“Kai, what’s wrong?” Baekhyun grabs Kai’s arms and holds him still, looking him in the eyes.

 

“Someones saying my name. In my head.”