Chapter 10 - One

New World

 

Everyone opened their eyes as the flow of information stopped. Some of them were breathing heavily, especially Luhan, who was connecting everyone’s mind to Majesty’s and King’s.

 

Do you all understand now?

 

“What you’ve done… what you’ve made all these years… is incredible. Growing and shaping a whole planet, I’m impressed.” Kris says.

 

It took time, but it was worth it. You’ve all seen some of the parts of the planet. I’m sure you all thought you were still on Earth. True, EXO is formed after Earth, but there are still some differences. Like the Two Moons, for example.

 

“We saw the two moons, out in the grass fields. Luhan thought it was just because of the planetary alignment that’s supposed to be happening.” Sehun says.

 

Yes. The planetary alignment gave me the opportunity to call all of you to EXO planet. Without it, I could not have transported all of you here using the power of Kai’s symbol of Teleportation. But, there was a disruption in the transfer. That’s why all of you were split up into pairs and scattered all over EXO planet. I believe it was Machina that sent the disruption.

 

“Machina. That’s the virus that’s evolved and is threatening the planet, isn’t it?” Chen asked.

 

“What is it planning? Do you know, Majesty?” Suho added.

 

Machina is a very ambitious virus. It wants to take over EXO and bring to rise machines and technology. Because of how fast technology has improved in Earth, her speed of evolution has also improved. She has managed to create at least two main bases on the planet.

 

“Bases?” Chanyeol asks.

 

Yes. She is building an army and she is planning an attack here. To destroy me would mean she no longer has any obstacles stopping her from reaching her goals.

 

“The virus is a she?” D.O. asks, noticing how Majesty uses ‘her’ and ‘she’.

 

Yes. Apparently, she has a gender.

 

“Tao, what’s wrong?” Kris noticed Tao hasn’t moved a lot after the transfer of knowledge.

 

“I can’t use my powers… Can I?” he says slowly, directing it to Majesty.

 

No, not here you can’t.

 

“What?” Kai asks. “Why?”

 

“During the transfer of information, everyone was told about their powers, weren’t you?” Tao asked, looking around for confirmation from everyone. “Well, right now, Earth’s time is frozen due to my powers. Long story short, if I use my powers here, then Earth’s time flow will continue. It is essential that Earth’s flow of time is stopped… so that when we come back, everything is as it was.”

 

“How are you going to defend yourself against the virus?” Kris asks, concerned.

 

“Hey, I’m strong as I am, Gege! Don’t worry about me! Give me a sword and I’ll tear those machines apart!” Tao says happily.

 

“Yeah, Tao would be unstoppable if he had time powers AND wushu!” Lay says, walking over to Tao and ruffling his hair.

 

Tao is right. Earth’s time, as of now, is stopped. When the virus is stopped, I will be sending you all back to Earth. It will be as if nothing happened.

 

“How hard will it be to stop this machine? With the powers we’re equipped with, I’m pretty sure it’ll be easy as cake!” Baekhyun says.

 

“Yeah! Kai can just teleport us and we can whack their bases up just like that!” Xiumin says, adding a snap of his fingers.

 

I wish it were that easy. Machina has, as I’ve told you, has evolved. The mechanical spheres that attacked you, Chen and D.O., are called Red Eye Pods. They are the lowest of Machina’s army but they are also the deadliest. If you get caught by their arms, your energy will be dry, until you are rendered useless.

 

“I felt that, when the arm wrapped itself around me. I was losing my ability to fly. Good thing Chanyeol swooped down to save me.” Kris said.

 

“Anytime, Krees!” Chanyeol sends a wink towards Kris’ way, which Tao noticed. Tao immediately grabs Kris’ arm towards him.

 

I know this is a lot to ask of you, but you are the current guardians of EXO planet. If you decide not to help, then it’s okay. I will send you back and you will never hear of me again.

 

“No!” Luhan said, almost shouting. Everyone turns to look at him. “No. I don’t know about the others, but I’m going to stay and do what I can to stop this virus.”

 

Because this is where I met him. This place will be special to me. I don’t want to lose this. Luhan thought, glancing sideways at Sehun.

 

“I’m staying as well. I’ll do what I can to save this planet. Besides, this is way better than school and dance practice.” Sehun adds, glancing back at Luhan and smiling.

 

“I will miss dance practice, but who’s going to patch you guys up after those machines give you some serious whooping?” Lay says with a smile. “I’ll stay.”

 

“I’m having way too much fun with my powers! No way am I going back so soon!” Chanyeol says, creating a ball of flame with his right hand.

 

“If you’re staying, then I’m staying. Someone has to watch over you!” Baekhyun says, putting an arm around the taller boy.

 

“Hey, I can definitely take care of myself now!”

 

“Bao Zi! We’re definitely staying, too, right? We can’t let these guys have all the fun!” Chen asks Xiumin.

 

“Definitely! I still need a bit of practice with my powers! This’ll be the best time to do it!” Xiumin agrees.

 

“Tao, you don’t have to do this, you know? I don’t want you getting hurt!” Kris says, looking at Tao.

 

“You don’t have to worry about me, Gege! Without me, Earth’s time will continue to flow. You all need me here with you.”

 

“Then I’ll be here to protect you no matter what.”

 

Tao smiles and blushes. “I’ll count on that!”

 

“Kai? Staying?” Suho asks.

 

“You?” Kai replies with a question back.

“Definitely.” Suho beams him a smile.

 

“Well, then I can’t back out now!” Kai says in a sing-song voice.

 

“Then it’s decided. We’ll be saving EXO Planet!” Luhan says.

 

“Together.” Sehun adds, holding out his left hand. Luhan looks at the boy, smiles, and takes his hand.

 

“Together.” Everyone says in unison.

 

I am in your debt forever, young ones. Today, new bonds are formed. Bonds that will not be broken by time. Today, a planet in danger of extinction gains a chance. From today on, you will all face dangers but with everyone watching each other’s backs, you will survive. Today, you are all one force. One strong force.

 

Today, Luhan says telepathically. We are one.

 



 

 

[A/N]

 

Hey guys! I got the time to write this while I was on a cruise tour ship thinggy in Toronto! I just enjoyed Niagara earlier today and am now in my hotel room, waiting for dinner! I hope you guys like this chapter!! Time for some action in the next chapters, maybe??? :D

 

Weee~~