Chapter 16 - A Stealth Plan

New World

 

Kris squints his eyes as the animal figure begins to move, sniffing the air and the ground at different intervals. Only a dog would do that kind of action. It has to be King.

 

“King!” Kris attempts a whisper shout. King reacts by keeping completely still, his ears pointing upwards. “King, over here!”

 

King looks around, confused.

 

“Why can’t he…” Kris begins to say. “Oh, right. The invisibility!” He stands up and looks around, checking for any robots that may be scouting. When he confirmed that the coast was clear, he stepped forward until he was no longer behind the coat of invisibility. The moment he stepped out, King immediately ran towards him.

 

“King! I’m glad to see you, too!” King jumped at Kris, his face over and over again. “Okay, we better get back there before those robots come and find us.”

 

Both stepped back under the protection of Baekhyun’s magic and become invisible once again.

 

“King, what’re you doing here?” Kris whispered, making sure not to wake the others.

 

King responds with low barks and woofs. Kris’ eyes widened as he hears the news.

 

“What’s going on…?” Chanyeol groans and sits up, rubbing his eyes. “Hey, King is here!”

 

Kris shoots him a look and put his finger to his mouth, signaling Chanyeol to be quiet. Chanyeol understood and slowly got up, not disturbing the others.

 

“What’s up?” he whispers to Kris, patting King on the head.

 

“Trouble.” Kris responds. “Deep trouble.”

 


 

 

“So, what’re you planning to do with that thing?” Kai asked.

 

“I’m not sure exactly, but let me just try and…” Luhan closed his eyes and focused on the little drone he had floating in midair.

“Luhan, robots don’t have minds. If the gamer in me, which I doubt exists, is right.. you can’t mind control things without… well, minds.” Lay said, looking at Luhan concentrate very hard.

 

Luhan gives up and lets out an angry sigh. He wasn’t thinking straight.

 

“Someone.. please… Think of something.” Luhan said breathlessly. He was on the verge of tears again. Kai looked at him and felt bad. How can this other boy feel more deeply for his best friend than he can? He knew the answer to that. He had to be strong, to be brave, for Sehun. Breaking down won’t save his best friend.

 

“D.O” Kai said, walking towards the other boy. “That thing you said, about feeling and seeing with the ground. Do you think you can try and do that again… and possibly locate where Sehun is?”

 

“Definitely.” D.O nodded, a serious face on, and ordered the others to stand back. Luhan wiped his eyes and meld his mind with D.O, fortifying D.O’s powers. D.O took a deep breath and lifted one leg up and then brought it down to the earth with great force the other boys could feel the ground ripple a little.

 

He could see it. He could see everything. He could feel where they were. The seismic waves he created sends the position of everything back to him so he knows where the robots are. And then he saw Sehun.

 

Both D.O and Luhan opened their eyes.

 

“We know where he is!” D.O exclaimed.

 

“Tell me where.” Kai said, determined. “I’ll get in and out of there in less than a second with him.”

 

“That’s too dangerous.” Lay said, shaking his head slowly showing his disagreement with the plan.

 

“Do you have any other ideas?” Kai said, his words a little bit sharp.

 

Lay flinched a little. “No, I don’t. But if we don’t slow down a bit and think this through, Sehun might not be the only casualty.”

 

Kai looked at Luhan. Luhan nodded in agreement.

 

“Fine. D.O, where is he?”

 

“Inside that building.” D.O pointed to a building a few ways back. “There are a lot of the machines inside, different kinds. Ones we haven’t encountered before.”

 

“How are we going to get out of this alive.” Xiumin sighed.

 

“There is a bright side, though. At the back of the building, there weren’t any machines. Kai can teleport us there and we can do a sneak attack or something.”

 

“That’s a good idea!” Lay exclaims.

 

“But…” Xiumin chimed in.

 

Kai looks at the bun faced boy and waited for his statement.

 

“We can't just go all out attack. If we did and the machines retaliated, we might endanger Sehun.”

 

“Xiumin’s right.” Luhan finally spoke. “We have to be stealthy.”

 

“So, are you guys ready?” Kai asked, taking Luhan and Lay’s hands into his. The other boys held hands now, too.

 

“Ready.” They all said in unison.

 

“Luhan, guide me.” Kai said. Luhan nodded. The next moment, they were gone in a puff of smoke.

 


[A/N]

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LATE LATE LATE POST. TAT

A lot has been happening. Mostly EXO spazzes (specially the Disney Land one, OMG) I literally cried at a cafe when I saw HunHan moments. So much feels. OMG. TAT

Anyways, regarding the story.. The Seismic Sensory that D.O uses is based off of Toph Bei Fong, from the cartoon series Avatar: The Last Airbender.

For those who don't know what that is or who that is, you can search on youtube and you can see what I mean. ^^

I hope you guys still wait for the next chapter, even if I'm writing at a very sluggish rate. TAT

 

LOVE YOU ALL! <3