Abrupt Ending for New World

New World

Sehun and Luhan battle and in the end, Luhan manages to set Sehun free. The boys regroup and head for the final robot they need to destroy to save EXO Planet. 

 

Taeyeon has entered a different room and the boys follow her there. They enter another huge room with a large robotic body forming a wall on the other side. It had no legs, just an upper body complete with two arms and a head. It was faceless but Taeyeon stood at the top of the head of the giant.

 

The boys prepare themselves for the biggest fight they will ever face since they arrived. Taeyeon fired the first shots, missiles and gun fire. Luhan and Sehun fend of the attacks. Luhan created mental walls around the boys while Sehun redirected the missiles. Baekhyun and Chanyeol return fire with flaming balls and lasers. 

 

The volley seemed endless with neither side backing down. Kai teleported towards Taeyeon and aimed for a kick but it was blocked by a shield around her. Xiumin and Chen hugged opposite sides of the walls and ran towards the robot with Kris as Xiumin's backup and Tao as Chen's. Kai reteleported back to the group to tell them of the barrier around Taeyeon.

 

As Chen and Xiumin reach the robot, they were greeted by two huge fists. The robot brought it down on them but these were stopped by Kris and Tao (using the Dragon skill of his sword). With the arms temporarily immobilized, Xiumin and Chen touch it and send their energies thru it. Frost started creeping up the left arm while the right arm was being short-circuited by Chen's electricity. Kris and Tao let of the fists and hurriedly retreat. 

Taeyeon, enraged by this outcome, fired what seemed like hundreds of missiles towards Kris and Xiumin. Luhan blocked as much as he could and Sehun tried to redirect as many but there were a few strays that exploded just around Kris and Xiumin. Tao and Chen shouts as they see their friends go up in smoke. But were relieved when they see Kai had come in and saved them just in time. 

 

D.O heads out and confronts the giant robot, with the boys behind him. Confident that he can control the robot just as he could control the metal floors and walls, he taunts Taeyeon. Taeyeon brings one of the robot arms, the partially frosted one, up and aims to crush D.O. The guardian holds his ground and concentrates all his might on the arm that was fast approaching but is surprised that he had no power over the arm. Luhan immediately pulls him back with a mental pull seconds before he would have been crushed by the gigantic fist. 

 

Baekhyun and Chayeol continue firing shots, accompanied now by Chen. Taeyeon returns volley by sending an array of arrows, spearheads and spike balls at them. It was harder to block these attacks since one false move and the spikes could impale someone. Lay began replenishing the boys' energies as they were all beginning to become exhausted. 

 

Taeyeon forged on with her attacks, now bringing Suho to help defend as well. It looked like victory would not be theirs. Some of the boys got scratches and nicks and wounds from spears and arrows. Lay was not enough to heal them, Tao tried to help in the role of medic but it still was not enough. Taeyeon fired another volley of spearheads and this time, Luhan collapses. All their mental barriers dropped and they were open wide.

 

No time was to be wasted. A single thought came to his mind just before he did it...

 

"If you are to use your powers, the way of your world will not be the same. Use it ONLY if you need to. But I pray you never have to."

 

Majesty's voice resounds in Tao's head. He remembers what she said.

 

He then whispers, "I have to..." and releases his powers for the first time. King senses this and closes his eyes to surrender.

 

When Tao opens his eyes, everything was frozen. No, not frozen. Slow motion. He began to move and began to do what he needed to do. He removed all the arrows that would have impaled all of them had he not tampered with the flow of time and just as he was about to go finish Taeyeon off, his head hurt and he could feel the toll on his body that his powers are taking. 

"Tao."

He heard Majesty's voice in his head once again.

"Save your friends. Instruct Kai to return to my side. I cannot let you and your friends sacrifice yourselves for this world. This world is dying and there is little hope left. The virus has won."

 

"But..." Tao protests. He was on his knees, breathing became harder.

 

"Listen. Do as I say and return to my side. All of you. Now."

 

Without thinking twice, Tao races towards the boys and rechecks everything. Once he released his power, no arrows would hit them. He would have enough time to tell Kai what to do and to disappear.

He closed his eyes, standing next to Kai, and released his powers. Everything went back to normal.

 

The arrows, instead of zipping towards them, were aimed at Taeyeon and the giant robot. Taeyeon was caught surprised as her attack was redirected to her.

 

"What!?" That was the last thing they heard from her. Tao had explained everything as fast and as clear as he could and they were all holding hands (and holding King). The next second, they were gone.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

They appeared next to Majesty. Her grandeur was gone. Her leaves falling, her branches almost completely barren. The waters were green and there was an ominous light that surrounded the area.

 

"Thank you, for all you've done..." She said to their minds. "I have not much time. I am beyond saving. I know what I did was unfair to all of you but it was your destiny to be brought here. To know the truth."

King barks urgently.

 

"There is not much time! Everything will be explained to you in time." Majesty pauses. "I will bring you all back to your world with the power that remains in me. Be warned, when you go back... everything might not be quite as it was. Tao has used his powers and this might have tampered the flow of time on Earth."

 

Cracks begin to appear on Majesty's trunk and a blinding light escapes each crack.

"Majesty!" Suho exclaims.

 

"No need to worry." Another crack. "We will see each other again. And all of you will, too." 

 

"See each other again? You mean we won't be together once we're back!?" Luhan shouts. His hand clutched Sehun's automatically. 

 

"You will be returned the way you came." Majesty answers. Another crack. More light.

 

"No! You can't do that!" Luhan shouts and looks at Sehun. The other boy was wearing a smile. 

 

"I'll find you, Lulu." Sehun said. "I promise."

 

"There's no more... time..." Majesty says. King barks again. "When in darkness you were brought forth, in light you shall return."

 

The light that was escaping the cracks of Majesty's trunk was getting blinding until there was nothing.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To my dear, dear readers. I am very sorry it has been SUCH A LONG TIME. I got busy with business and projects and the like that I have had no time to think about how to write the remaining chapters. I assure you, though, that I had the ending in my mind.

I am sorry and just so those who are still interested in this story get an ending, I made a shorter version of what happens next. 

I will write the Epilogue next. Please look forward to it.

 

I still thank every one of you for supporting this story. It was an awesome experience having you guys read it and be part of it. 'Til my next story. :)

Love much. :)