Chapter 38 - Limited Time

New World

 

D.O and Suho felt at ease with the immobilization of Chanyeol and Baekhyun. The two, pinned to the wall by metal bars, didn’t move. Their expressions were blank and they didn’t look at Suho or D.O.

 

“We have to find a way to get them back. If what King said is true, then there might be devices attached to them somewhere.” Suho said, walking towards Baekhyun. He looked at his friend, there was definitely something different about him.

 

He comes up to Baekhyun and was about to touch him when suddenly his friend started glowing.

 

“Suho, back off!” D.O shouted in alarm. Then Baekhyun shone so bright. Suho raised his hand to cover his eyes and stepped back. D.O did the same. They couldn’t see anything.

 

“W-what’s happening!” Suho shouted, backing away blindly from the source of the light. Even with his eyes shut off so tight he could still feel the light penetrating his eyelids. “D.O!”

 

“Don’t move!” D.O shouted in reply. Suho and King obeyed. Then they felt something move. “You can open your eyes now!”

 

Suho squinted. He wasn’t hit directly by the light now. D.O had metal walls erected behind them, shielding them from the light. Suho opened his eyes completely. He was still seeing white.

 

“Suho! He’s freeing Chanyeol!” D.O said in alarm.

 

“Crap. Just when we thought we could free them.” Suho whispered. Just then, a puff of black smoke appeared in front of him and Kai, Tao and Lay were standing before him.

 

“Suho.” Kai said.

 

“Kai! You’re back!” Suho said in surprise.

 

The light around them started to fade.

 

“Yeah. Tao and Lay managed to save me.”

 

“Your arm’s cut. Let me get that for you.” Lay said, noticing the wound on Suho’s arm.

 

“Ah, right. I forgot about that.” Suho held his arm up. “So, how did you guys manage to free him from the control?”

 

“So you know about them being controlled?” Tao said. “Good, that’ll save me time for explanation. Kai had a small chip attached on his back. When I managed to… well… render him unable to move… I took it off. He came to almost immediately after that.”

 

“So there’s a chip, huh.” Suho said to himself.

 

The light was gone now.

 

“Kai! I’m glad you’re safe!” D.O said, calling out to Kai. They didn’t move from their positions, wary of the now free Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

 

“I’m glad, as well! Being controlled didn’t sound like a happy experience.” Kai said. “So, should I go get the chips off those two as well?”

 

“That would be best, yes.” Suho agreed. “We’ll cover you.”

 

Tao and Kai nodded. They looked over to D.O, who also nodded, hearing the plan. King barked his approval and they all agreed to attack together.

 

“One…” Suho said.

 

“Two…” D.O continued.

 

“Three.” Tao ended.

 

They all emerged from the metal walls, ready to assault the light and fire masters. Then they saw a third person with them.

 

Taeyeon.

 

“I didn’t think you’d have found a way to free them.” She said, smiling. “I’m impressed. At least you are making progress. I can’t say the same for the other group.”

 

“Let them go now. You’re outnumbered.” Tao said menacingly.

 

“Perhaps. But I’ll have to say that you are outmatched.” She took one step forward, then disappeared. With blinding speed, she had moved besides Tao and was delivering a punch towards him. Tao only managed to block in time thanks to the draconic properties that the sword now imbued him.
 

Taeyeon’s attack connected. Tao blocked but was flung away from the power.

 

“Tao!” Kai shouted, teleporting to where he was going to land and catching him. They both fall to the ground in a heap.

 

Suho took a shot at Taeyeon but she was too fast. The attack missed her. She was beside King now and she brought her knee to his side. King let out a yelp and immediately fell.

 

She reappeared beside Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

 

“You have no hope of defeating me. It’s almost finished. I will just have to wait it out.” She said. Then she disappeared once again.

 

“What did she mean by that? What’s almost finished?” Suho asked. Lay went and patched King up, pouring his energies into him. He had reverted back to his smaller form after receiving the hit.

 

“Majesty. She’s waiting for Majesty to fall.”

 

“Then we better—” D.O’s sentence was cut off when he felt a hot blaze coming towards him. Suho met it with a water attack of his own before it got the chance to toast D.O.

 

“We still have these two to worry about.” Suho said.

 

Kai and Tao reappeared with them.

 

“Kai. You’ll have to teleport behind them and remove the chips.”

 

“Consider it done.” Kai said. He disappears and reappears behind Chanyeol. He sees the chip and was about to reach out and remove it when Chanyeol was engulfed in flames.

 

“Whoa!” Kai teleported behind Baekhyun but his attempt at removal was in vain. Baekhyun had started glowing again, not as bright as before but just enough to make you see nothing else but white.

 

Kai teleported back.

 

“This is going to be a problem.”

 


 

Sehun walked out of the frozen ruin, unscathed. A new layer of wind starting to surround him.

 

The surrounding was a wasteland of ice. Shards of the ice shell littered the floor. Luhan emerges from the ruin, a mental shield surrounding him. He looks around and finds Xiumin and Chen did not escape the explosion in time.

 

Kris swoops down towards Chen and removes the shards of ice that trapped him. Blood trickled down from the side of his mouth. He was probably hit in the head. Luhan removed the debris that covered Xiumin and carried the boy, telepathically, away. He was unconscious.

 

“I didn't have enough time to save get them away.” Kris said.

 

“Get them as far away from here as possible. Go find Lay. I’ll handle him.” Luhan said.

 

“No, you’re unstable. There’s no way you’ll be able to handle him alone.”

 

“I’m fine. Now that I know she’s controlling him, I’ve resolved to set him free. I will do everything I can to do it. I will not fail.”

 

Kris ponders for a while and nods, agreeing to this. He picks up Chen and Xiumin and flies off to where the others were.

 

Luhan faces off with Sehun.

 

“Sehun, I’ll get you back.”

 

Sehun replies with silence. The wind around him starts to pick up speed and strength until the same powerful storm was surrounding him again.

 

Luhan puts up a barrier around himself then does a quick scan of his surroundings.

 

There was ice everywhere but something was missing. Taeyeon was gone.

 


 

 

[A/N]

I am sooo sorry I just updated now. I have been VEEERY busy the past weeks. I've started an online business, selling phone charms. I even have EXO ones! LOL. Aaaand I've been having a few job interviews.... I'm actually going to have one later... I hope... If the schedule doesn't change.

To all my readers, I'm terribly sorry for the VERY late update. I'm also sorry for those that worried. TAT Thank you for thinking of me. 

I hope everyone is well and I hope you enjoy this chapter. I know it's another cliff hanger. Ugh. I'm sorry.

GAH So many sorries. LOL. Enjooooy. ><

Much love! <3