Chapter 37.5 - Emotions

New World

 

Xiumin gathered all the energy he could muster and targeted Sehun.

 

“We’ll back you up, Bao Zi.” Kris said. Chen nodded. Luhan stood there and didn’t move.

 

“Go easy on him, okay?” Luhan squeaked but no one heard. The wind that Sehun was creating was drowning out their voices.

 

“Here I go!” Xiumin shouted then he released the ice energies he stored. The blue beam collided with the swirling tempest around Sehun.

 

“It’s working! The wind around him is solidifying! Keep going Xiumin!” Kris shouted. His enhanced senses could tell that the wind was indeed super freezing.

 

“Tch. So troublesome. But that’s not going to work.” Taeyeon said to herself. She had perched herself on the stage and viewed the fights, confident that the remaining boys she had not captured would fall sooner or later.

 

“Haaa!!!” Xiumin shouted and the blue beam became white. Sehun had stopped his advance as the wind around him quickly froze over until he was surrounded in an ice shell.

 

“Bao Zi! You did it!” Chen exclaimed. He hit Xiumin in the back and Xiumin immediately fell to the ground, gasping for air.

 

“Yeah!” he managed to wheeze out.

 

“Sehun-ah…” Luhan said. He walked towards the shell of ice and put his hand on the cold surface.

 

“Luhan. We’ll save him. If he’s poisoned, like Majesty, I’m pretty sure Lay can heal him. He’ll be back before you know it.” Kris said.

 

“How sad.”

 

Kris, Xiumin and Chen looked at Taeyeon, who was now focusing on their fight.

 

“Humans are so weak.” She said. “A little nudge here and there and you humans will be breaking down.”

 

“Shut up! You know nothing about human emotions!” Kris shouted in reply. “You’re just an emotionless robot, so what could you possibly know?”

“It’s precisely because I’m a robot that I know emotions are useless. Take Sehun, for example.” And she jerked a thumb at the shell of ice. “I’ve removed his capability to feel and that has helped his powers greatly. He is a force to be reckoned with.”

 

“Sorry to burst your bubble but we just stopped this force you’re talking about!” Chen shouted a retort.

 

“Stopped? Oh. Right. He’s not doing anything because I’m not telling him to do anything.” Taeyeon said calmly. The boys’ expressions changed. “I think you boys have had enough of a break.”

 

Then they heard ice crack. Luhan, who was still touching the ice shell, jerked his hand back and looked up. There was a huge crack on the surface. Then another appeared, and another, and another. Air escaped from the cracks and Luhan stumbled backward.

 

“Luhan! Get out of there!” Kris shouted. Then the ice shell exploded, covering the boys in a barrage of ice shards.

 

“Let the game continue.” Taeyeon said as she watched Sehun emerge from the frozen ruin, unscathed.

 


[A/N]

 

This happened during the D.O/Suho/King versus BaekYeol and Kai versus Tao/Lay. Both battles also happened at the same time. So, the pinning of BaekYeol and the saving of Kai roughly happened at the same time. 

 

That's why this chapter is 37.5. LOL. And that's why it's short. XD