Chapter 1 - New Friends

New World

 

 

Luhan lay on a field of tall grass. The wind was blowing and it made the grass dance, making it look as if it was a green sea. Someone then approaches him.

 

“Hey…?”

 

The stranger slowly circles Luhan. He had with him a stick and he prods Luhan on the side.

 

“Are you… okay…?”

 

He prods Luhan a bit harder on the ribs.

 

Luhan’s eyes dart open and a laugh escapes his mouth. The stranger gets startled and jumps back, dropping his stick.

 

Luhan was surprised by his own laugh and touches his sides, where the stranger prodded him.

 

“Ow… Lay! I told you never to tickle me awake!” Luhan says, slowly pushing himself up to his feet.

 

The stranger keeps his distance and warily eyes Luhan. His stick was back in his hand.

 

“How did I get here..?” Luhan was looking around, still not realizing it wasn’t his friend that was with him.

 

“…”

 

“Lay..?” Luhan turns around and finally realizes he had been talking to a stranger. “You’re not Lay…”

 

“W-who are you…?” the stranger asks, raising his stick as if to defend himself.

 

“Whoa… Put that down. I’m not going to hurt you.” Luhan puts both his hands up and slowly backed away from this stranger.

 

The wind starts blowing a little stronger.

 

“Where are my friends?” the stranger doesn’t let the stick down but instead grips it a bit harder.

“I-I don’t know! I lost mine as well! Look. I think we’re both stuck here together. So we might as well try and help each other out!”

 

The wind blows one last gust towards Luhan’s way and then slowly dies down to a gentle breeze.

 

The stranger puts down his stick slowly and just stands there, looking at the ground.

 

“Are you okay…?” Luhan asks, not daring to go near the boy until he let go of the stick.

 

“Yes.. I guess..”

 

“Okay.. So, do you… Do you know how we got here…?” Luhan asks, sitting down on the grass. He decided he’d save his energy. The boy doesn’t look like he’ll come charging at him anytime soon.

 

The stranger turns around and doesn’t say anything.

 

Then Luhan began hearing things… in his head…

 

What happened… I was at the roof of my house… I wanted to see the eclipse… Then the wind… So strong… I couldn’t stand my ground… Everything went dark…

 

Luhan blinked a couple of times, and then looked at the boy.

 

“Did you say something…?” Luhan asked, just to make sure.

 

The boy slowly turned around and gave Luhan a puzzled look. His eyes were watery, as if he was about to cry.

 

The wind blew strong once more, messing up the stranger’s and Luhan’s hair.

 

The boy immediately put his hands up to his head and began rearranging his hairstyle.

 

“Did you say you were at the roof of your house… for the eclipse…?”

 

The stranger immediately stopped fixing his hair and looked at Luhan.

 

“How’d you know that…?”

 

“I just heard you say it… Or more like I heard you say it to my head…”

“To your head…?”

 

“I know it sounds weird but… I think, ever since that eclipse started… These strange things started happening to me and my friends…”

 

Luhan could recall it all. Chen’s lightning. Kris was floating. Xiumin turned the whole flat’s wall into ice. Lay’s supposed healing powers. Tao’s… He wonders what Tao did. He could recall everything. It must not have been a dream.

 

“It happened to you, too, huh..?” The stranger sat down on his own patch of grass now. He seemed to be relaxing a little bit.

 

“You mean you, too?”

 

“Yeah. When the eclipse was about to start, I climbed up the roof of our house. I slipped and lost my balance. Then suddenly, a really strong gust of wind pushed me from behind and I managed to get back on my feet. I thought it was a really bizarre event. But I just brushed it off as luck. I reached the top of the roof and saw the eclipse officially starting. But then another gust of wind, way stronger than the one before, started to blow all around me. Then I suddenly saw my friend, Kai, appear in front of me and then disappear in a puff of smoke. I couldn’t believe my eyes. Then the next thing I knew, everything went black. And now, I’m here. With you.”

 

“I’m sorry, I kind of knew what you were about to say… Mind thing…” Luhan said, finding his situation a bit humorous.

 

“It’s okay.” The stranger smiled.

 

‘Cute…’ Luhan began to think.

 

“So, what do you think this all means…?” the stranger let go of his stick and hugged his knees close to his chest.

 

“I don’t know… but we need to find out…”

 

The wind was blowing gently again. The grass swayed and danced around the both of them.

 

“I’m Luhan, by the way…”

 

“Nice to meet you, Luhan. My name is Sehun.”