Chapter 19 - Fighting Back

New World

 

Kai’s heart was racing. It must have been from those small robots that fired at them when they were trying to escape from the warehouse! He hastily tried to get his shirt off of his body before the small round whatever it was will explode or something. Before he succeeded in removing his shirt, he felt his powers activate. The last thing he saw were the scared expressions of Luhan, D.O, Lay and Xiumin.

 

He had teleported. It took him only a second to know where. He was back in front of Sehun’s container. And he was surrounded. The teleport he did was not of his own free will. It must have been the device attached to his shirt. Somehow, it’s brought him back where he last teleported.

 

Before he could teleport again, he felt electricity hit him and he was screaming. His whole body went numb. The last thing he saw was Sehun’s body, floating inside the container. Then he out.

 



 

 

 

“Where’d he go!?” Lay asked, alarmed. They all looked around, trying to locate Kai in case he decided he’d teleport away instead of removing the round device attached to him.

 

“Kai!” D.O began shouting. Xiumin, Lay and Luhan joined in on the shouting.

 

“Kai! Where are you?”

 

After a while, they decided that something bad must have happened.

 

“Great. We’ve lost another one before we even had the chance to save Sehun.” Lay said.

 

“Don’t say that.” Luhan said grimly.

 

“What?”

 

“Don’t say we’ve lost them. I’m not giving up on Sehun, nor will I give up on Kai.”

 

Lay, D.O and Xiumin’s expressions changed. This was getting even more serious, even more dire. Their situation wasn’t changing for the good. It was changing for the worse. They’ll have to double their efforts. They have to come out victors. Their friends’ lives were at stake.

 

“So…” Lay broke the silence. “What do we do now?”

 

Xiumin and D.O looked at the ground, completely clueless as to what their next plan of action will be. Lay looked at Luhan. The smaller boy was wiping the tears from his eyes and cheeks.

 

“The same plan we’ve had until now. Rescue Sehun. And now rescue Kai, too.”

 

Luhan stood up, supported by Xiumin.

 

“How do we do that?” D.O asked.

 

“First things first. Dee, I want you to check again if Sehun is still in that warehouse. Check if Kai is with him. I have a feeling he’s been taken to where Sehun is as well.” Luhan instructed.

 

D.O stomped the ground, sending seismic waves outward. He saw everything again, everything around them.

 

“He’s there! He’s with Sehun!” D.O said, opening his eyes. “The warehouse is this way. Should we head out there now?”

 

“No, not yet. I want to make sure no one’s going to disturb our plans.” Luhan said, walking over to one of the nearer buildings.

 

“Bao Zi…” he called out. Xiumin’s head jerked up, caught by surprise by the nickname. He jogged towards Luhan.

 

“I know, during the time you discovered you had control over ice, you froze a whole room with a single touch.” Luhan said, having peered into Xiumin’s mind. Xiumin nodded.

 

“Do you think you can do it again? Do it to all the warehouses we’re going to pass. I want to cripple the Red Force army one by one.”

 

“Come to think of it, how come I didn’t think of that?” Xiumin said, obviously astounded by the plan. “Okay. Here I go.”

 

He placed his hand on the building’s wall and forced his powers to flow out. Slowly, frost started to envelop the wall. It crept all over the building until the whole thing was a shiny bluish white color.

 

“How’s that feel?” Luhan asked, wanting to know if the endeavor took out a lot from Xiumin.

 

“Feels great! I should have thought of this before!” Xiumin said happily, looking at his work.

“This should be fairly easy to break now.” Luhan said, examining the building. “Dee? Care to try and pierce the wall?”

 

“My pleasure! This is for my magnaes!” D.O shot his hands forward and a spike of earth erupted from the ground, piercing the wall of the warehouse. The whole building began to crack and the whole thing caved in in less than a second, burying all the machines inside.

 

“Wow.” Lay said silently, covering his eyes. “I agree with Xiumin. We should have done this a long time ago.”

 

“Let’s hurry. We have more buildings to destroy. Dee, keep a lookout and tell us which warehouse houses Sehun and Kai. And if there are robots coming for us. We’ll evade them easier if we know they’re coming.” Luhan instructed as they ran towards the next building.

 

“Gotcha!” D.O replied. Xiumin placed his hand on the building and it started freezing over. D.O sent another spike at it and it collapsed much like the first one.

 

“Next!” Lay shouted. And off they went to their next target, slowly inching their way to Sehun and Kai's prison.

 



 

[A/N]

 

Sorry for the short chapter. Since you guys wanted to know what happened to Kai.. well, here it is. I'm sorryyyy!! But this is necessary!! You'll all know why soon enough. This is for another reference. LOL.

I hope you enjoy Luhan's plan! Xiumin and D.O destruction pair! Wo0t!

Hope everyone's well!! <3 Much love! <3