Chapter 33 - Hell Freezes Over

New World

 

The boys followed King around corridors and halls that were otherwise empty except for the occasional y traps that the boys managed to by-pass.

 

“How’d you get past the lasers?” Kris asked, running alongside the black haired boy.

 

“That was easy. King sniffed out the lasers. He said there were lasers in the room before I could proceed any further.” Tao replied.

 

“Okay, how’d you know which room to enter?”

 

“The entrance was bombarded with traps. I assumed that was where you guys went.” Tao said as-a-matter-of-fact-ly. “The sword Majesty gave me was a lot of help. I don’t think I would have survived against that robot if it weren’t for the Glory of Twelve Powers. I used its ability to teleport me by throwing the sword at the entryway. It stuck to the wall. I simply teleported King and myself and, voila, I bypassed the lasers.”

 

“Genius.” Kris replied.

 

“King followed your scent and it led us to the room you guys were in.”

 

“Just in time, too. I don’t think I would have fared very well with swords. Tiffany looked like she was ready to shred us to pieces.”

 

“You’re welcome.” Tao said, smiling.

 

The boys in front of them stopped. King was sniffing the air.

 

‘We’re close. The last virus is behind those doors.’ King said.

 

In front of them was a large hallway. It was wide enough to have all of them walk through, side by side in one line. The door they beheld was made of metal and it looked thick, formidable.

 

“D.O, if you will.” Suho said. D.O performed another seismic inspection.

 

“Traps, again. Fewer this time, though.” D.O scanned the hallway in front of them. “There. There… and one’s over there. They’re different from the ones I’ve sensed before. I think these ones intend to kill. I felt blades. Huge blades.” He pointed towards the ceiling and the walls.

 

“If the trap is triggered, I’m pretty sure the blades will come rushing towards us faster than the speed of light. We’ll be minced meat before we can even say ‘ow’!” Chen said.

“Chen’s right.” Suho replied. “This is going to be tricky.”

 

“Let me do it.” Came Xiumin’s voice. “I’ll super freeze those blades before they even reach me.”

 

“You’re crazy! No! You’re not doing anything risky like that!” Kris said, his voice raised. “We’re not moving forward until we have a sound plan. One that doesn’t have a chance of any of us getting killed!”

 

“But Kris…” came Luhan’s voice, small but clear. “We’re running out of time.”

 

“Have faith, Dui Zhang. I can do this. I’ve seen what my powers can do before. I’m pretty sure I can do this.” Xiumin said, patting Kris on the shoulder. “I’m going to need some Lay Pills, though.” He added, nodding and smiling at Lay.

 

“You’ll get as much as you need!” Lay said, smiling.

 

“If you ever get in trouble, I’ll come in and get you out.” Tao said, patting Xiumin at the back.

 

“Be careful, Bao Zi…” Luhan said.

 

“I will be. Lay?” Xiumin gestured at Lay. The healer walked with him towards the entrance of the hallway.

 

“Ready?” Lay asked. Xiumin nodded, then he looked back at the others.

 

“I suggest you guys fall back.” He said.

 

“What!?” Lay said, surprised. “What about me!?”

 

“I’ll take care of you.” Tao said, walking up to them. He had left the sword with Kris. “Grab on to me while you support Xiumin.”

 

“O-okay. Xiumin, here I go.” Lay said.

 

Power rushed from Lay to Xiumin. Xiumin activated his powers slowly. Tao and Lay could feel the cold surround them. Lay poured in more energy and, proportionally, Xiumin released a chilling aura around him. Lay and Tao started to buckle. The cold was getting to them.

 

“W-w-w-we… n-n-need.. t-t-t-to.. go….” Tao could barely speak. Lay didn’t reply but kept on supplying Xiumin the energy he needed. Tao waited a few more seconds before pulling Lay’s hand off of Xiumin and muttered the word ‘space’. They both disappeared and reappeared beside Kris and the others, shuddering uncontrollably.

 

Xiumin noticed Lay and Tao had gone. He felt powerful. Very powerful. The walls near him started freezing over. He took a step forward, entering the hallway. Nothing happened. He kept releasing his energy outward. His steps hastened, fear propelling him forward.

 

‘If I’m going to do this, I better do it fast. No use turning back now.’ He thought.

 

He walked faster, almost reaching the middle, and then he stopped when he heard a loud click. Blades erupted from the ceiling and walls, closing in on him and striking him from every direction possible.

 

 

“Xiumin!” Luhan ran out of their hiding place and raced towards the hallway entrance after hearing the trap being sprung. The others quickly followed him, Lay and Tao bringing up the rear after recovering from the extreme frostbite they had just experienced.

 

Luhan stopped at the entrance to the hallway, amazed at what he was now seeing.

 

“Xiumin…” Chen whispered, fog escaping his mouth as he spoke. “Wow…”

 

Xiumin stood in the middle of the hallway, smiling at his friends.

 

“What do you think?” Xiumin said, raising his hands.

 

The hallway was snowing and an ample amount of snow covered the floor. The walls and ceilings were white and frosted over. There were no signs of the blades.

 

“What happened?” Kris asked, looking around.

 

Xiumin shrugged and smiled. “I guess I can even freeze hell over. So, let’s go?”

 

Everyone smiled and ran forward to meet him and then they proceeded to the door that awaited them at the other end of the hallway.

 



 

[A/N]

 

Okay, I updated a bit later than planned. I had an unexpected trip to another city. It was very happy! I got to see my friend again. I haven't seen him in over a year! Anyways, this is a short chapter but I hope you guys like it! Especially the Bao Zi fans!! ^__^