Chapter 27 - The Deceptor

New World

 

“What is it, Luhan?”

 

Luhan was looking around the new room. It was way different from the ones they’ve passed. The room he was now standing in housed a jungle. Trees, grass, stones, ivy and moss could be seen everywhere. There was no roof. The two moons illuminated the scene before him.

 

The rest of the group caught up and stared at the scene before them.

 

“Where’d all this come from?” Xiumin asked.

 

Luhan didn’t answer. Something else had caught his eye. In the distance, behind the green foliage of varying plants, he saw a boy, sitting down on a boulder.

 

“Sehun…” he whispered.

 

“What?” Lay asked, hearing Luhan.

 

“Sehun!” Luhan said in a louder voice. He began running towards the boy, swatting aside leaves and branches. The rest of the group looked towards the direction Luhan was running to and they, too, saw the boy.

 

Sehun whipped his head to look at Luhan. He jumped down from his boulder and waited for Luhan to reach him. When the older boy did, he was hugged tightly.

 

“Sehun-ah!” Luhan sounded like he was crying.

 

“Luhan…” Sehun said, hugging the boy back.

 

“I was so worried.. I thought you.. That they…” Luhan couldn’t talk properly. He sounded like he was going to choke.

 

“There, there.” Sehun caressed Luhan’s head, his other arm around the other boy’s waist. “Don’t cry anymore. We’ll be together soon enough.”

 

Luhan withdrew from the hug slowly. His cheeks were stained with tears and he had a smile on his face. “What do you mean soon…?” he asked.

 

The other boys had almost gotten to Luhan and Sehun when they saw Sehun hug the boy tight. Luhan was screaming as an electric current ran through his body.

 

“Luhan!” Chen shouted. He dashed forward and touched Luhan, absorbing the shock. Sehun let go of the older boy and jumped back high, landing on the boulder he had been sitting on a while ago.

 

“So close!” Sehun said, smiling wildly at the boys below him.

 

Lay and Kris attended to the fainted Luhan while Chen, Suho, D.O and Xiumin confronted Sehun.

 

“Sehun!” Suho called out. “What are you doing!?”

 

Sehun laughed. “Human emotions are so easy to toy with.” He jumped back once again, disappearing behind the trees. Then Kai emerged.

 

“Kai?” D.O said, seeing the boy.

 

“Dee! Thank goodness you’re here!” Kai ran towards D.O. The boy was unsure what to do and didn’t make a move to evade the hug.

 

Kai stopped midway and began to float off the ground.

 

“You’re not Kai…” Luhan was healed and he was holding the Kai look-alike in midair with his mind. The copycat grunted and tried to move, but to no avail. He gave up trying and smiled instead.

 

“Where’s Sehun!?” Luhan demanded. The rest of the boys were looking from Luhan to Kai, confused.

 

“Luhan, what are you doing?” Kris said.

 

“That’s not Kai. It’s a robot. I tried to sense his mind but it wasn’t there.”

 

“Smart boy. As expected of the mind master.” Kai said. He looked exactly like Kai, and even sounded like him. “You were looking for Sehun, right?” The copycat teased. He then started getting fuzzy and blurry then his shape changed. He now looked like Sehun.

 

“Sehun…” Luhan whispered.

 

“Luhan… why are you hurting me?” the copycat Sehun pleaded. “It hurts, Luhan!”

 

“Shut up!” Luhan replied back. The copycat’s arms clipped to his side as if an invisible ring was slowly crushing his body.

 

“Luhan!” The copy said. “IT HURTS!” It screamed with a robotic voice, its mid-section slowly getting crushed.

 

“Luhan!” Lay hugged Luhan and pulled him back. Xiumin stepped in front of Luhan and fired a ray of ice at the copycat, freezing it within seconds. It dropped to the floor and broke into several pieces. It didn’t look like Sehun or Kai anymore. It was a robot with human features, just like Seohyun, but more generic.

 

“Damn it…” Luhan gritted his teeth. Tears started rolling down his cheeks again.

 

“There, there. That thing had all of us fooled. If it weren’t for you, we’d all probably be captured.” Lay comforted the boy.

 

“Yeah. If it weren’t for you, Luhan, I’d have captured all of you effortlessly.” A voice resounded in the surrounding. “No one would have to get hurt.”

 

The boys formed a circle, their backs to each other.

 

“Who’s there!?” Kris called out.

 

The jungle around them started to blur and fuzz, like the robot had when it transformed to Sehun from Kai. In a matter of seconds, the jungle was gone and they were in a metal room once again. The walls and ceiling was covered in square glass-like materials. The boys were in the middle of the room, a few ways off the entrance they used. In the opposite end stood another human-shaped robot. This one was shorter than Seohyun but it had the same wire-like hair as the other girl robot.

 

“Humans are so easy to toy with, especially when their emotions are clouded.” Said the robot.

 

Chen and Xiumin went on the offensive, shooting lightning and ice at the robot. Without moving, the robot summoned a wall of earth from out of nowhere, blocking the attacks. D.O moved forward and punched the air, sending the block of earth sailing towards the robot. When it was about to collide, it split in half, and disappeared in thin air. The robot laughed heartily, sounding like a real girl.

 

“You have no hope of winning if you’re in this room.” The robot said.

 

Lay looked behind him and the entryway they used was gone. It was just a solid wall now.

 

“Guys… what do we do?” Chen whispered. Readying another bolt of lightning.

 

“I’ll try to confront her head on. Maybe she’s not as good with hand-to-hand combat.” Kris whispered.

 

Xiumin, Suho and Chen nodded slightly.

 

Kris darted forward in high speed. A robot dropped in front of him, the same one they had just destroyed a while back. It transformed mid-air into a copy of Kris himself.

 

Kris punched the robot, increasing his strength in the process, but the robot met this with a punch of it’s own.

 

The collision released a sound like thunderclap and a wave of energy emanated from them both.

 

Kris’ eyes grew wide, not expecting the equality in their power. The copy-Kris smirked and threw a barrage of quick jabs at the real one. Kris, unprepared, could only block. When he had the chance, he back-flipped and returned to his group.

 

“That robot blocked my attack! The gate back at the first base blew apart because of my punch!” Kris said, surprised.

 

“I told you! You’re not going to win in this room! And since I’m going to capture you all anyways, I’ll make this fun for all of us!” She raised her arms slowly and the room began to change.

 

Suddenly, there were rollercoasters and Ferris wheels and carousels all around them. Numerous game booths also appeared as well as a bumper car rink. Colorful lights were strewn above and around them and carnival music played.

 

“A carnival!?” D.O remarked, looking around.

 

They heard the girl laugh. She was on top of a tent, dressed now like a circus ringmaster.

 

“Welcome, to Tiffany Land!” she exclaimed. Fireworks erupted all around them, painting the sky.

 


[A/N]

 

Sorry it took me so long. TAT I'm left in charge of my parent's business while they went to an Alaskan cruise and I AM GOING CRAZY.

*le creys*

 

I shall try my best to add more chapters quickly. TAT

 

Fighting! TAT

Much love! <3