Epilogue

New World

'...and today, the anticipated song and dance competition, New World, will be held in Japan! The winners from the previous leg, in Singapore, was already announced! Who will take 1st place in Japan? Please watch our live broadcast at 7 pm tonight. The next leg will be in China. Are you ready for it?...'

 

"Ah!" I sit up, waking from my nap, as the TV goes into another commercial. A movie trailer of some action movie. The explosions woke me up. I glance at the clock on the wall opposite my bed. 

 

5:40 PM

 

"Oh, em...!" I scramble out of the bed, flinging the sheets and the pillow behind me, pass by the TV and turn it off and start heading out of my small room when I remember my phone is not on me. "Ah! Phone, phone, phone..." I turn around, see my phone on the table and grabbed it. I notice the notification light is blinking.

 

'He left me a message!'

 

Forgetting about the time, I unlock my phone and see he left me two messages. One chat and one voice message.

 

'Thank God, he got wechat for me!' I thought to myself, my smile widening every second. Just as I was about to read his message, another notification popped onto the screen. It was Kris.

 

"." 

 

Don't forget, 6PM SHARP. Don't be late. Especially you, Luhan.

-GM-

 

..the text read.

 

"Ah! He's going to kill me!" I look up the clock again. 

 

5:45 PM

 

I close my phone and tell myself his message won't disappear if I don't read it now. I grab a jacket from behind the door and head out. I walk briskly from the dorm I lived in towards the bus stop just a few minutes away. The wind greets me with a cold touch to my face. Living near the beach area had its perks. It was always cool and refreshing and windy. And I loved the wind. 

 

I arrive at the bus stop and was greeted by the bus that I needed to board.

 

'Lucky!' I thought to myself. I jog up to the door and immediately board. As I scanned the bus for a seat, I see a familiar face. Jet black hair, sharp eyes.

 

"Tao." I said, as I neared his seat. There was a vacant one next to his.

 

"Luhan!" he greets me with a slight nod. "I see you're not going to be late today! Did Kris' text message scare you?" he smiles.

 

"A little bit, yeah." I took the seat beside him and the bus rolled forward. I notice he was clutching something, a brown paper bag. "What's in the bag?" I asked.

 

"Oh, umm. Nothing. It's for, uh, Kris. He... wanted me to get him something." he said, pausing too many times in his answer. "I picked it up today."

 

"Ah, that explains you riding this bus number!" And our small talk continue until we reach our stop. Kris' condo unit wasn't that far from where I lived. Took roughly 5 to 6 minutes. 10 minutes early! That's a new record for me!

 

"Let's go." Tao said, heading for the unti's entrance. We walk a bit. Kris' was the second building on the left, 6th floor.

 

"So, how do you think we'll do on the contest?" I ask.

 

"Good. No. More than good. We'll be great. We'll win, definitely. Yixing's choreography is sick! Though it is a little bit hard to learn. We still have enough time for practice, anyways."

 

"You're right. We'll definitely win. We have to."

 

"Have to? Why's that? Do you want to go to Korea that bad?" We turned left and located the elevator.

 

"Hmm? Err.. yeah, I do. Well, I do now." I replied, my voice a bit too dreamy.

 

"Sudden interest. Why's that?" Tao said, clearly interested in whatever reason I had to want to go to Korea. "Is it someone?"

 

My heart beat a little faster with just the thought of him. I had a goofy smile on as I nodded.

 

*ding*, went the elevator as we arrived on the sixth floor.

 

"Well, we better win then." Tao said to me. He then began knocking on Kris' door. We could hear music from the inside. "Looks like they've already started." Tao looks down at his watch. "It's not even six yet. We're safe, Lu."

 

"Phew." I let out a sigh.

 

'But if they've started, that means I won't have time to check the message and reply!' I thought to myself. 

 

"Tao, go on ahead. I'll just check on something real quick! And don't tell Kris I came with you!" The door opens then and I jumped towards the back of the door so Kris, or whoever opened the door, wouldn't see me.

 

I waited for the door to close and then I whipped my phone out and opened the application. His message and voice message was still there.

 

'We'll be seeing the dog he got later! Baek said he's going to name him King or something like that.', the message read. And then I pressed the voice message bar. His voice drifted out of the phone and into my ears. They were sweet, sweet music.

 

"XiaoLu! I expect a message when I wake up since I'm going to take a nap as well!! Here's mine! Good luck at practice, XiaoLu!!" It ended there. My smile couldn't get wider and my heart couldn't beat faster.

 

I hurriedly recorded my own voice message to him.

 

"I'm awake now and ready for practice!! Thank you for the luck! Here's mine to you! Rise and shine, Sleepy Sehun!" I looked at the screen, waiting for the message to send. And.... sent! I hurriedly stuffed the phone back inside my pocket to knock on the door when I realize there was no music coming out of the room anymore. I knocked on the door and as soon as I did, I heard a rumbling of footsteps on the other side of the door. I sighed. 

 

Kris waited for a few seconds before opening the door.

 

"Oh, Luhan! You're late!" he said.

 

"I am not!" I protested. He then held his wrist up to my face, showing me his watch. 6:01 PM. "I am... "

 

"LATE!" Everyone else in the room shouted and laughed.

 

"Cut me some slack!! 1 minute late!" I groaned. Kris ushered me inside. I noticed he was wearing a new necklace. "Was that the one you wanted Tao to buy?"

 

Kris gave me a questioning look, held it for a second, and then realized I was talking about the necklace.

 

"Oh, this? Umm. I didn't want him to buy it. I saw it when we were shopping the othe day. I guess he... wait, he said I told him to buy it!?" he said.

 

I decided I wouldn't make this any harder for the two of them. "No, I must have misheard. It looks nice. Is that a.. dragon?" I said, squinting.

 

"Yup. It is. Looks cool, doesn't it? I have to thank him properly next time."

 

"You know that's going to cost you a gucci bag?" I giggle.

 

"Shut up. I bet you're going to buy 'sleepy sehun' something expensive, too!" he teased, a smug look on his face.

 

"What...? YOU GUYS WERE EAVESDROPPING!"

 

"You made it so easy!!" Lay said, hearing my scream. They were in the dance space. They were already in position for our dance, Xiumin was by the sound system, waiting for me and Kris to take our places. "Let's get a move on, people." he instructed. "We need to win this so Lulu can visit his Seyhoon."

 

"It's Sehun!" I corrected him hastily as I took my place. Chen and Tao giggled. 

 

"Vocals!" Kris said. Chen replied by singing 'ready'.

 

"Dance!" We all replied 'ready'.

 

"Okay, then. Let's get this started." Lay said. "Xiumin, music!"

 

Xiumin pressed play and ran to his position.

 

"Guys, let's make history!"

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

[A/N]

 

And it's finished!! Sigh. This was a fun adventure, especially since you guys have been with me all the way! <3 For the epilogue, I hope you guys got it.

 

If you didn't, maybe you can read the Prologue again! The epilogue is actually a remake of the prologue. The epilogue happens after they leave EXO Planet. Tao's use of his time powers changed the flow of time on Earth. So on Earth, when they returned, they returned to the time when the prologue started. Except that the flow has changed. In the Epilogue Earth, Luhan's met a friend from Korea... someone who's joined the same dance competition Luhan and the others joined. His name is Sehun. They haven't really met. Just online.

 

And that dragon necklace Tao gave Kris? The pendant looks exactly like Kris' symbol. In the Prologue, Tao gave him a gift as well. It's in the Epilogue where we see what it was.

 

Also, in the Epilogue... Baekhyun get's a dog and names him King. Guess what? Well, you know... XD Haha!

 

So, umm.. yeah. So many connections... @_@ Gah. I hope to continue this story as another story all-together. Or have my friend turn this into a manga. LOL. 

 

So, 'til next time guys!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS EXPERIENCE. You made writing, for me, SO MUCH BETTER. <3 I love you all!!! <3 <3 <3