Chapter 12 - Entry

New World

 

[A/N]

Hey, guys! Here's an extra long chapter! BUT, before reading it, please read this edited version of the past chapter. I got stuff mixed up. @__@ So sorry about that. But I fixed everything up now. This'll be great, too, because it'll refresh your mind about what happened before this chapter! Ready? Here we go!

 


 

“Everyone got the images?” Kai asked, addressing the other boys. He received nods in return. “Okay. So, which team will go to which one?”

 

“The snowy one.” Xiumin says. “I think our team would be better suited there. With my control over ice, maybe I could help.”

 

“Agreed.” Suho says.

 

“That settles it then. It’ll also be easier for me to call forth some wind power if we need it., too.” Sehun adds.

 

“Okay. So, we’ll be taking the other location. Xiumin’s power is frost, so it’ll be like we have a home advantage.” Kai confirms. “Everyone’s okay with this?”

 

Everyone nods in agreement.

 

May the two moons guide and protect you. Majesty says.

 

“The two moons can do that?” Chen asks.

 

No, not really. But it’s an earthly custom to do that, no?

 

Everyone chuckled. Kai then moves to Team A. Kris, Tao, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Suho, Chen and Kai all hold hands.

 

“Take care you guys.” Luhan calls out.

 

“Watch each other’s backs!” Sehun says.

 

“We will!” Kris and Chanyeol reply together, and then they disappear in a puff of black smoke.

 

Seconds later, Kai returns and holds hands with his own team.

 

“You guys ready for this?” Kai asks. Everyone nods.

 

“Let’s do this.” Xiumin says.

 

“We’re gonna rock this!” Lay adds.

 

“Then, let’s go.” Kai closes his eyes and they were gone.

 

 

 


 

 

In a puff of black smoke, all 12 boys are gone. King lets out a small whimper.

 

I know, King. For the first set of guardians to ever be called to the planet, they weren’t bad. I like those boys. What do you think?

 

King nods his head and lets out a gleeful bark.

 

I hope they stay safe. I hope Tao uses his sword to its fullest potential. He seems like a smart and brave boy.

 

At the mention of the sword, King whimpers loudly. He then bows his head.

 

What do you mean you didn’t teach him how to use the sword!?

 

King barks in reply.

 

Well, you’re right. You can’t possibly teach him. Majesty sighs. Let’s hope he figures it out. It’ll help him and everyone else greatly. I can’t contact them anymore. The virus’ technology has prohibited me from reaching her domains.

 

Both were silent for a while and then King stands up and starts sniffing around. Then he growls and barks at the roof.

 

What is it, King?

King barks louder and louder. On the far wall, a small round spider-like machine crawls out of its hiding place and skitters across the ceiling. King follows it with his head, barking louder and louder at it.

 

A spy drone!

 

The tree rustles a little and vines extend outward towards the ceiling, striking at the drone but to no avail. The drone is too small to hit. It skitters, zigzagging left and right, avoiding the striking vines. It then crawls on one of the vines and runs down the length of the vine, hiding inside the tree.

 

King! Get out, now!

 

King barks in protest.

 

Now, King! Please get to Kai! Alert them!

 

The drone rests in one of Majesty’s branches and injects something inside the branch.

 

King, hurry!

 

King barks one more time before he runs out through the corridors and disappears.

 

Hurry.

 


 

 

Kai and the rest of the team arrive in a puff of smoke in a field being buffeted by a snowstorm.

 

“Great, more cold!” Lay shouts. The wind was so strong they couldn’t hear much.

 

“Let me take care of this!” Sehun raises his hands and creates a space of peaceful air around them.

 

“D.O., create a dome of earth. That’ll give us a makeshift shelter for the mean time!” Chen instructs.

 

“Got it.” D.O. concentrates and closes his eyes. A few seconds pass and nothing happens.

 

“What’re you doing?” Kai says.

 

“Shh. I’m concentrating.” D.O. calmly replies.

 

“Anytime now. I’m tiring out.” Sehun says, grunting a bit. Luhan immediately comes to his aid. “Thanks.”

 

“Okay. Here we go.” D.O. raises his hand and the ground shakes a little. Then a mound of dirt, like a cave, rises up out of the earth. “There.”

 

“What is that!?” Chen says, looking at the 6 foot cave. “That looks like something you’d find at a playground!”

 

“Hey! I worked hard on that!” D.O. retorted.

 

“Any time now guys.” Sehun says.

 

“D.O. Let me help. Try one more time.” Luhan says, closing his eyes and entering D.O.’s mind.

 

D.O. concentrates one more time on the mini cave and raises his hand. With Luhan’s help, he manages to enlarge the cave.

 

“There we go. Everyone inside!” Lay instructs, going inside first.

 

Once everyone was inside the cave, Sehun returns the wind to its normal, raging self.

 

“I’m starting to feel cold.” Chen says, his teeth chattering a bit.

 

“We have to get out of this blizzard first.” Luhan says. “I’m going to use my mind’s eye to check the surrounding area and Kai can get us there with my help. Everyone just hang on.”

 

Luhan extends his consciousness outward, sweeping the area around them. He sees an almost endless field of white to their left but to their right he saw the immense base camp of the virus. And around the area of the base there was no storm.

 

“I see it. I see the base. It’s huge!” Luhan breathes out. “Kai, you have to teleport us there. T-there’s no… snowstorm… there.” Luhan’s teeth begin to clatter.

 

“O-okay. Let me see it.” Luhan shares the image and they all hold hands immediately. Then they were gone.


 


 

 

“It’s hot here, yeah?” Suho comments. “I can barely produce any water.” He waves his arm across in front of him and he produces a thin line of water from the air. “This’ll be bad for me.”

 

“We have to reserve our energies. We still have some distance to travel. This was as far Kai could take us.” Kris says, looking out into the distance. There was a red and gray tower surrounded by huge metallic buildings. The virus’ second camp was huge.

 

“We better start moving then.” Baek says. He takes off the jacket he was wearing, revealing the sleeveless shirt underneath. Chanyeol immediately looks at him.

 

“Bacon! You’ll get sunburned! Put that back on!” Chanyeol makes the smaller boy wear the jacket again.

 

“But Yeollie! It’s so hot!” Baekhyun protests. Kris looks at Tao.

 

“Are you okay?” he says, expressing concern.

 

Tao nods. “Yeah, I am. Thanks.” Tao smiles at the taller boy.

 

Chen and Suho was looking at both scenes.

 

“So… are you okay?” Chen asks Suho a little awkwardly.

 

“Y-yeah.” Suho lets out a little ‘ehem’. “And you?”

 

“Yeah. Just a bit hot.” Chen replies plainly.

 

“Okay, this is how we’ll do it. I’ll carry Tao, Suho, Chen and Baekhyun to the edge of the base camp one by one. Chanyeol can fly with me on the first trip and accompany my first passenger while I go back for the rest.” Kris instructs. “Chen,” Kris points at the boy. “You’ll be my first passenger. You can defend yourself better if you’re left alone with Chanyeol. Just in case something happens. We can never be too safe.”

 

“Got it.” Chen nods and walks towards Kris.

 

“Be safe, Bacon!” Chanyeol says, planting a kiss on the other boy’s forehead.

 

“Channie! I’m not a baby!” Baekhyun replies, pushing the taller boy away.

 

“To me you are!” Chanyeol says with a smile.

 

“I know, I know!” Baekhyun can’t help but smile. “But we have bigger things to deal with. Let’s finish this first, hmm?”

 

Chanyeol nods and looks at Kris. “Ready?”

 

Kris picks Chen up. The moment he exerted strength, he found that somewhere inside him supplied him with the extra needed strength to do his tasks. Chen felt like a feather in his arms.

 

“Don’t drop me, okay, DuiZhang?” Chen says, putting his arms around Kris’ neck.

 

“I won’t.” Kris says plainly. “Chanyeol. Let’s go.”

“Way ahead of you, Krees!” Chanyeol starts running and then he jumps, shooting streams of flames from his feet. He propels himself upward and then floats in place, waiting for Kris.

 

Kris turns around and looks at the three other boys.

 

“We know, we know. We’ll be careful and we’ll watch our backs.” Tao says, patting Kris’ shoulder.

 

“We’ll take care of him.” Suho says, winking at Kris. Kris blushes a little.

 

“Okay.” Kris turns around and lifts off the ground, following Chanyeol. They both zoom towards the direction of the base.

 


 

The boys appear right in front of the base, a huge wall in front of them. They were glad that this area wasn't affected by the storm. It was still cold, but not extremely.

 

“How are we getting over this?” Lay asked, touching the metal wall. It was freezing cold. “Ow. Shouldn’t have done that.”

 

“I wonder why. I can’t seem to teleport in. There must be some sort of field that prevents me from teleporting in.” Kai says.

 

“Probably. I can sense something emanating from the walls.” Luhan observes his left and right. No entrance in sight.

 

“We’ll tunnel through, then.” Sehun suggests. “We don’t have any destructive power with us.”

 

“D.O., you up for it?” Xiumin asks, putting a hand on the boy’s shoulder.

 

“I don’t know.” D.O. looks down at the ground. “I’m not very good at this.”

 

“It’s useless. The wall extends downward, too.” Luhan says.

 

“Well, then.” Xiumin steps forward and touches the wall. “Let me try something.” He presses his hand hard on the wall and suddenly a sheet of frost extends from where his hand is. It creeps up a few meters and then stops.

 

“What’d you do?” Lay asks.

 

“Froze the wall. It’ll be a bit more brittle, I think. Sehun.” Xiumin says, nodding at Sehun. “Try to hit this with a blast of super strong wind.”

 

“Okay. Let me try.” Sehun steps forward and takes a stance. “Ha!” He punches and huge gust of concentrated wind strikes the frozen part. Nothing happens. “It’s not working.”

 

“We’re going to need something solid.” Kai says.

 

“D.O., give me a huge spike of earth.” Luhan says.

 

“I’ll… I’ll try.” D.O. closes his eyes. He then feels Luhan enter his consciousness. A few seconds later, the boy produces a huge earthen spike.

 

“Great. Everyone stand back. Xiumin, refreeze that wall.” Luhan instructs.

 

“Gotcha!” Xiumin refreezes the wall, the frost sheet extending more outward. He then runs to the side, beside Lay.

 

Luhan breathes out. “Sehun, I’m going to need you here.”

 

Sehun walks towards Luhan and gets his instructions.

 

“On the count of three, I want you to reinforce the speed of the spike with a push of some wind. Okay?”

 

“Got it.”

 

“Okay. 1…” Luhan closes his eyes. The spike slowly elevates from the ground.

 

“2…” The spike moves backward a little. Sehun takes his pose.

 

“3!” Sehun shoots a blast of wind at the spike while Luhan pushes it forward with his mind. The spike rams into the frozen part of the wall, smashing right through it.

 

“We did it!” D.O. exclaims.

 

“Everyone, inside!” Lay says.

 

 


 

 

Chanyeol lands first. He looks around for any potential threats. Kris lands beside him, then puts Chen down.

 

“I’ll be going back for the others. Be careful. I’ll be back real quick.” Kris says. Chen and Chanyeol nod in return. Kris starts to float and then he zooms out back to the three waiting boys.

 

“Now’s the boring waiting part.” Chanyeol says.

 

“I don’t think so.” Chen points at something behind the other boy. Chanyeol turns around and sees three spider like machines and two of the red eye pods heading towards them.

 

“I spoke too soon.” Chanyeol gulped. The machines were closing in on them. “We better take care of them!” Chanyeol produced two balls of flame in each hand while Chen produced two balls of lightning in his. They shot at the oncoming machines. To their surprise, two balls of flame and lightning collided with their own volley of attack. From the clouds of smoke created by the collision, two metallic arms went charging at them catching them unprepared.

 

“Oh, no!” Chanyeol exclaims as the arms wrap around both him and Chen.

 

“!” Chen curses as the metallic tubes tighten. He couldn’t move his arms. He could also feel his energy draining away and he could see the machines drawing nearer and nearer.

 

[More A/N]

 

I hope you guys like the chapter! I concentrated really hard on this (even though I have tickets I need to buy for a train ride and for broadway). 

I'll be posting an extra chapter after this. I thought of something I need to put up for everyone (and for me, too). So, wait for it and for the next chapter. ^^

 

And, oh, special shout-out to a reader of mine who's celebrating her brithday today! Happy Birthday @blissonblue! I hope this chapter is a good enough gift for you!! <3

Much love, dear readers! <3