Chapter 39 - Death of a star

New World

 

The boys were at a stand still. Suho and D.O. managed to fend off attacks from Chanyeol and Baekhyun, who were both engulfed by their elements.

 

“There’s no way I can touch those two without getting burnt or blind.” Kai grumbled.

 

“Not getting burnt. That’s it!” D.O. exclaimed after defending himself from another one of Chanyeol’s flamethrower attacks. “We just have to prevent you from getting burnt!”

 

“That has been---” Suho dodged a laser attack. “---the problem since the beginning!” He countered with a water bullet that missed. It hit a mirage Baekhyun instead.

 

“What are you suggesting, D.O?” Tao was slicing wind towards the other pair while Lay stayed with King in the back, surrounded by four layers of metal walls.

 

“We just need to form a layer of protection around Kai!” D.O said. “Suho can coat it with water, Lay can teleport with him to constantly heal him if the first line of defense wavers!”

 

“That could work.” Suho pondered for a moment.

 

“There’s no time to think about it!” Tao said. He pushed Kai towards Suho and Suho wrapped a layer of water around both of Kai’s hands. “Now, go get Lay! We’ll back you up!”

 

Kai teleported and appeared before Lay and King. He explained their plan and Lay agreed. They both teleported and disappeared. King peeked at the action happening behind the metal walls.

 

They were still on the defensive. With Baekhyun’s light, it was difficult to approach the duo. If you ever do get to approach them, you risk getting burnt or blind.

 

‘I hope your plan works.’ King thought to himself.

 


 

 

Tao shouted as he slashed ten wind blades towards Chanyeol. The taller boy just stood and created a wall of flames between them. The wind blades just made the flames stronger. When the flame wall died down, Suho took the chance to catch Chanyeol by surprise. He fired a stream of water at him. Baekhyun shot a ray of light at the water to deflect it. D.O formed a wall to deflect the light attack. It worked but the compressed light was too strong that it pierced the wall, but it was all the time Suho needed. The water jet had hit Chanyeol, engulfing him in a torrent of water. Baekhyun’s light attack did little to the attack. Focusing on Suho now, he fired a laser attack that nearly missed Suho, had Tao not pushed him out of the way.

 

“Suho, use me as a water source. That way, you can attack faster.” Tao said.

 

“What do you mean use you as a water source?” Suho said, scrambling to get up.

 

“Hold me.” Tao instructed. Suho, deciding not to question Tao, took hold of Tao’s left hand. “Good. I want you to fire me directly at Baekhyun, as close as you can.”

 

“I don’t know how I’m going to do that but---” his sentence was cut off when Tao turned to liquid beside him. “W-what!?”

 

“Suho, now!” The water guardian could hear Tao’s voice coming from the watery version of him. Suho nodded and turned Tao’s body into a water bullet. Suho had to squint when trying to aim at Baekhyun, but he directed Tao as near as possible. Baekhyun evaded the attack and was about to fire a counter attack when he was hit from behind. He turned around and saw that Tao had rematerialized into his human form behind him, his eyes closed.

 

“Dragon…” Tao whispered and his senses heightened. He heard Baekhyun’s movements and he moved to counter them all. Moving in, he hit Baekhyun at the side with the sword’s pommel, then the back of his neck. Baekhyun fell to the floor, his light extinguished. Then Tao opened his eyes.

 


 

Kai teleported a few meters away from Chanyeol with Lay holding on to him tightly.

 

“Just tell me when you’re ready and I’ll supply all the energy that I can.”

Lay said.

 

“Right. We just need one distraction. D.O, we’re waiting.” Kai said, eyeing Chanyeol from a distance. Kai could see that Baekhyun was pre-occupied with Tao and Suho, so he wasn’t going to be a problem.

 

D.O formed a wall separating Chanyeol and Baekhyun, gaining all of Chanyeol’s attention.

 

“I’m right here, Channie! You want to take me down, right? Well, now’s your chance!” D.O shouted, taunting the other boy. “Give me all you’ve got! Make it big!”

 

Chanyeol, falling for the bait, charged up his flames and raised his arms up. A glowing ball of fire began forming between his open palms.

 

“Crap, I think I overdid it. Come on, Kai… Any time now…” D.O said to himself. He glanced sideways over at Kai and Lay and gave a small nod.

 

Kai saw this and teleported. The moment he did, D.O used the metal around Chanyeol’s legs and trapped his feet onto the floor. Chanyeol didn’t mind this and continued to make the flaming ball bigger and bigger.

 

D.O noticed that the light coming from Baekhyun had died. ‘Did they do it?’ he thought to himself, but was snapped back to their own predicament when Kai began shouting.

 

“It’s… too hot! My hands aren’t… healing fast enough!” Kai grunted as his hand came into contact with Chanyeol’s flames. The water enveloping his hand had sizzled away mere seconds after making contact with the flames. Kai’s hand wasn’t the only one taking damage. The rest of his body started getting burns and his clothes were starting to burn away.

 

“Kai, get out of here. Now! I’ll handle it!” Lay said. Kai turned to protest but Lay insisted and Kai had no choice but teleport away. Lay was left there standing behind Chanyeol. He noticed his clothes were slowly being eaten away by the flame but he felt no pain. Heat yes, but no pain. He squinted as he got nearer Chanyeol, the light from the fire too bright. Then he extended his hand and touched the back of Chanyeol’s neck. This took the other boy by surprise, obviously he wasn’t expecting anyone to be able to touch him. He turned his head to look at Lay but it was too late. Lay had located the chip and pulled it out. Immediately, the flaming ball above Chanyeol’s head disappeared, snuffed out like a candle, and Chanyeol fell.

 

Lay immediately put his hand on the other boy and began healing him.

 

D.O, joined by Kai, Tao, Suho and King ran over to them. Suho was carrying Baekhyun in his arms and behind all of them was Kris, carrying Chen and Xiumin. Both were badly wounded.

 

“What happened to them!?” Lay said in alarm. He had just finished healing Chanyeol, who was now being supported by D.O and Kai, when he stood up and was about to head over to Kris to nurse his two friends when his shirt fell, completely burned from his encounter with Chanyeol.

 

[A/N]

 

Phew, I finally put up a new chapter and not take a month to do it! HAHAHA. I hope you'll enjoy this guys! Watch out for Luhan and Sehun fight in the next chapter! :D

Much love guys!

And, oh, the EXO phone charms I'm selling are arriving this week! I can't wait!!~ LOL. Tell me how you guys are after your comments about the story~~ :D And invite others to maybe read?? :D 

 

LOOVE yooouuu~~~ <3