Chapter 36 - Maximum Power

New World

 

Sehun’s eyes were even deader than they usually were, and they were staring right at Luhan.

 

“Sehun-ah…” Luhan’s voice was a tiny croak.

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun glowed bright as a cloak of fire and light surrounded them. The air around Kai started to shiver, as if they were getting distorted and Sehun’s hair danced wildly atop his head as a strong current of wind started to blow around him.

 

“The friends you’ve wanted to see so much… I give them to you.” Taeyeon said. “Now, let me do the honors of reuniting all of you together.”

 

Kai disappeared in the blink of an eye and appeared beside Luhan. Luhan didn’t even have the time to turn his head when Kai punched him on the ribs, sending him flying towards Kris. The blonde boy caught his friend but was pushed back and fell over. Chen and Xiumin ran over to help them get up.

 

Tao started firing blades of wind at Kai but Kai evaded them all by teleporting behind him. Tao expected this and swung the sword in an arc behind him. The second Kai appeared behind him, he disappeared again.

 

“Lay, give me a dose of that power of yours!” Tao said urgently. Without needing to be told a second time, Lay put his hand on Tao and poured his powers into the black haired boy. A few seconds after contact, Kai had reappeared in the space between them and gave Lay a punch in the stomach. Lay let go of Tao and wheezed, doubling over. Tao sliced at Kai as quickly as he could but he sliced at air once again as Kai teleported away.

 


 

“Luhan! Dui Zhang!” Chen rushed over to the fallen pair together with Xiumin.

 

Luhan clutched at his side, wincing at the pain radiating from his ribs. “Aah…”

 

“Here, this’ll numb that for a while.” Xiumin put cold pressure on it, enough to numb it.

 

“Thanks…” Luhan groaned. Kris helped him up. His eyes were serpent-like once again.

 

“We’re going to have to be careful. It looks like their powers are awakened.” He said, looking up at the stage where Sehun was floating a few inches above the ground. There was still a typhoon surrounding him.

“How’re we getting to him if he’s surrounded with that? I have a feeling if I try to put my hand against that wall of wind it’d turn into hand salad!” Chen said, clutching his hand close to his chest.

 

Then Sehun started gliding towards them.

 

“Crap, he’s coming!” Xiumin exclaimed.

 

“Bao Zi, you can take care of the wind. Super freeze it!” Luhan said weakly.

 

Sehun came closer. They could feel the wind.

 

“I don’t think that will work!” Xiumin panicked. Chen tried to shoot a bolt of lightning at the wall of wind surrounding Sehun. It was redirected.

 

“Eep.” Chen let out a small scream.

 

“Gather up your power now!” Luhan commanded. He clutched at his ribs again, the numbing slowly disappearing.

 

Sehun glided towards them bringing with him a feeling as if death was slowly coming.

 


 

Suho, D.O and King watch as their four friends were released from their tube prisons.

 

“She’s letting them go!” D.O exclaimed. Suho sat up to look at the stage. Tao and Lay were a little off to their left while everyone else were near the stage.

 

The three spectators saw their friends step out. No sooner had they been released, Kai teleported and Luhan was sent flying towards Kris. Tao sprang into action, sending wind attacks towards Kai but the brown-skinned boy evaded them all.

 

“They’re attacking us!” D.O exclaimed once more, his eyes bulging out his eye sockets. “Why are they attacking us!?”

 

‘It must be some kind of poison.’ King growled.

 

Lay was doubling over after being punched by Kai. Tao still could not lay a hit on him, even though he was moving faster than usual.

 

Sehun, a wall of wind surrounding him, was floating towards Luhan, Kris, Chen and Xiumin.

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun were headed for them.

 

“This is bad.” Suho whispered.

 

“Worse than bad! I don’t have any means of attacking or defending! There’s no dirt anywhere!” D.O looked around frantically for a rock or two but to no avail.

 

‘Your powers are not limited to rock or stone.’ King said. ‘Ferrokinesis. This is a part of your powers as well.’

 

“Ferro-what?”

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol, surrounded by light and fire, drew nearer.

 

‘Metal. Metal is still earth but refined. If you put your mind to it, you are actually able to bend metal any way you want.’

 

As soon as King finished his sentence he opened his jaws wide and fired a beam of pure energy, aiming at Baekhyun. The boy shrouded in light did not make any move to defend himself. The beam went through him but it did not touch him, as if he was a hologram.

 

‘Just as I suspected.’

 

“What?” Suho had already gotten up. “Why didn’t your attack hit him? They’re not the real Baekhyun and Chanyeol, are they?”

 

‘No, they’re real alright. Too real. The Baekhyun you see now is a fake image of him, something like a mirage. Bending the light, he can make you see or not see. This is similar to the invisibility trick he thought of back at that robot base.’

 

“Which means we’re in trouble.” D.O added. He was focusing on controlling the metal beneath them but no matter what he did, nothing was happening.

 

‘Somehow, Taeyeon has managed to maximize their powers, awakening all of the possibilities. If I am right, then we are in very deep trouble.’ King backed away slowly.

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun moved slowly towards them, walking leisurely. The flames around Chanyeol started getting stronger, and so did Baekhyun’s light.

 

Suho and D.O raised their hands to shield their eyes from the glare.

 

“I can’t see!” D.O exclaimed. Suho cursed under his breath.

 

‘D.O, sense them! Now!’ King barked into his head.

 

Snapped back to reality by the mental voice, D.O stomped his foot on the ground and saw. Saw Chanyeol raise his arm. He was attacking. Fear struck D.O like never before. If no one saved them, they were going to turn into barbecued humans and dog.

 

Then they felt the intense heat. A kind of heat they’ve never experienced before. All D.O could do was raise his hands and scream.

 


[AN]

Okay, sorry for the late update... >< Again. .___. This was kind of difficult to write. .___.

Anyways, here's some info..

Ferrokinesis is the ability to control metal. XD D.O has secret powers, too! :P

So, summary:

 

Luhan, Kris, Chen and Xiumin versus Sehun (and Taeyeon).

Tao and Lay versus Kai.

D.O, Suho and King versus BaekYeol.

 

Watch out for the next update! Love you guys much!! <3