Chapter 34 - Master Virus

New World

 

The door was gigantic. The boys’ height didn’t even reach half of it.

 

“How are we supposed to open this?” Chen said, running his hand on the surface. It was pure, cold metal and it looked plain. No sign of any décor on it.

 

“I can’t sense a switch or anything.” D.O said after performing his seismic wave. “We can try and push it open?”

 

“Kris’ strength should do the trick, right?” Xiumin suggested.

 

Kris looked at him and nodded. “I’ll try.” He said. He approached the massive doors and put both his hands on them, one on each door. He concentrated and started pushing. Slowly, his pupils became yellow and were slits instead of being round. The others could see his muscles bulge and become more prominent. Kris shouted as he pushed at the massive doors… but to no avail. He reverted back to his normal form. The doors didn’t move by even a bit.

 

“We tried.” Tao said, already recovered from the frostbite. Lay, also healed, stood beside him.

 

“We have to try harder.” Luhan said, his voice small. He ran towards the door. “WHY. WON’T. YOU. OPEN!?” he kicked at it with every word he said. And then they heard a thunderous sound that made everyone jump.

 

‘Get back!’ King howled into their minds.

 

Everyone ran back as the door began to shudder… and then it started to part. A blinding light greeted everyone as the doors opened. It swung outward and when it was fully open, there was quiet once again.

 

“Now I get it…” D.O. whispered. Everyone looked at him. “Kris couldn’t open the door because he was pushing instead of pulling!”

 

Everyone gave a loud sigh.

 


 

 

They entered the threshold to find a spacious room waiting for them. At the other end was a woman, her back facing them. Beyond her were four tubes that contained Sehun, Kai, Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

 

“Sehun!” Luhan cried out immediately after seeing the wind master floating limp inside the tube.

 

“Chanyeol! Bacon! Kai!” Suho and D.O called out.

 

The woman turned around, gracefully, to look at the boys.

 

“You’ve made it.” She said, her voice devoid of emotion. “I expected you to arrive later but I guess I underestimated you.”

 

“Let our friends go. You are clearly outnumbered!” Luhan shouted, an edge to his voice. “We’ve taken out those miserable robot sisters of yours, we can do it one more time!”

 

The woman smiled.

 

“You find this amusing, huh? We’ll see if you’ll still have that smile on your face once we’ve ripped you to pieces.” Suho said. The others were surprised to see this side of the usually calm boy.

 

“I have to thank you, boys.” The woman said. “You’ve done me a huge favor. I’ve wanted to get rid of those two for a long time now.”

 

The boys stared at her in shock.

 

“They were both incomplete versions of me, experiments that I created to serve me. They did well, capturing four of you, but I guess they weren’t as perfect as I am.”

 

“Cut the crap! Release our friends now!” Luhan shouted.

 

The woman smiled again. “Would you care to try?” she challenged.

 

Luhan stared at her, anger and hate evident on his expression.

 

“With pleasure.” He whispered and then he shot forward, propelled by an unknown force. He produced a gigantic hammer using his mental energies and brought it down on the woman. With only three sidesteps, the woman evaded the strike. Luhan transformed the hammer into a katana and swiped sideways. The woman merely jumped out of the way. As soon as she landed, she ran forward. In the blink of an eye, she was in front of Luhan but she passed by him and headed straight for Kris, who had used Luhan’s attack as a diversion to get to the trapped boys.

 

Even with Kris’ enhanced speed and senses, he couldn't sense the woman coming for him. She appeared beside him and gave him a blow to the ribs. He let out a groan and was flung all the way to the other side of the room, crashing onto the wall.

 

“Nice try.” She said. She disappeared once again and appeared in front of the tubes.

 

“Kris Ge!” Tao screamed, watching as Kris hit the wall. He ran towards Kris together with Lay, Chen and Xiumin.

 

“Don’t expect you’ll succeed. I am a master virus. An evolved species you can only hope to become. I know your every move, before you even make them. I have planned everything from the beginning. And your source of power is slowly dying.”

At that, King growled ferociously. King, Suho and D.O ran towards Luhan, who was in the middle of the room, staring at the woman before them.

 

“We’ll definitely take you down.” Luhan said.

 

“After knowing what I can do, what makes you think you can win?”

 

“Because we have to. For our friends.” Luhan said plainly, staring the woman in the eyes, if they were even real eyes. At this, the woman smiled.

 

“You are welcome to try, boy.” She raised both arms. “But I, Taeyon, will not fall.”

 


 

“Dui Zhang!” Tao had arrived first; Chen, Lay and Xiumin following close behind.

 

“I’m.. I’m fine.” Kris tried to stand up but he fell to his knees when a searing pain hit his side. “Ah….”

 

“Lay! Heal him, quick!” Tao instructed. He knelt beside Kris, his eyes watering. “Kris Ge…”

 

“Don’t give me that look. I’m fine! Lay will patch me up in no time.” Lay arrived beside him and immediately put his hand on Kris’ side, pouring out his healing energies into him. Instantaneously, Kris felt the pain subside. “How’s Luhan?”

 

Xiumin and Chen turned around. Luhan, D.O, Suho and King were posed to strike.

 

“They’re about to begin.” Xiumin said. Then Luhan shot forward together with Suho, D.O and King.

 



 

 

[A/N]

 

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE. A lot has happened. .___.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this. It's another cliff-hanger.. I know.. Don't kill me. TAT I'll (try to) make an awesome fight scene chapter after this! ^^v

Much love!! <3