Chapter 18 - Success and Sacrifice

New World

 

 Ducking behind a factory, meters away from the amassing robots near the exit gate, the boys listen to Chen’s plan.

 

“The robots think they have us all figured out. That there is an advantage!” he said, making sure his voice was low so as not to alert any nearby robots patrolling.

 

“How is it an advantage? They know we’re coming! I can’t even see the gate anymore! There’s too many of them! I think all of the robots in this base are there.” Suho said worriedly.

 

“That’s the point! They THINK we’re coming! But we’re not!” Chen ended happily, obviously satisfied with his plan.

 

“I don’t get it.” Chanyeol groaned, scratching his head. Baekhyun smiled and patted the bigger boy’s shoulder.

 

“I think I get what you’re trying to say, Chen.” Baekhyun said. “You want to catch them by surprise, right?”

 

“Exactly!” Chen’s face lit up and he threw his hands forward, pointing at Baekhyun. “All we need to do is do something they’re not expecting! And I’ve got the perfect idea!”

 

After Chen had told them all the details, they all positioned themselves for the plan. Inching slowly but surely nearer the robots, Baekhyun maintained their invisible state until they reached the end of the rows of warehouses. They had diverted from the main road, now travelling along the alleyways that were created by the towering warehouses all around them.

 

“Now, remember to stay out of sight until I give the signal.” Chen said. “Kris, Baekhyun. Are you two ready?”

 

Kris approached Chen and hugged him by the waist. Tao looked away at the sight. Baekhyun redid his coat of invisibility to cover only Chen and Kris.

 

“Okay. Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Suho. I want you to add as much offense after the initial attack. Okay?” Chen said.

 

“And I’ll be here, keeping King safe.” Tao added almost silently.

 

“Take care, Tao. I’ll come to your rescue when you need it. But I doubt you will.” Kris said, looking at Tao and smiling. Tao smiled back weakly.

 

“Okay. Let’s do this.” Chen said. Kris lifted them both up into the sky. He maneuvered above the unsuspecting robots and positioned themselves right above them. Kept invisible by Baekhyun, the robots did not suspect a thing.

 

“One…” Chen whispered.

 

Tao unsheathed his sword.

 

“Two…”

 

Chanyeol and Suho prepared both fire and water for their attack.

 

“Three!” Chen shouted and let loose a torrent of lightning strikes from above crashing down onto the robots. The damage was massive. It took out most all the robots that were directly underneath them. The robots in the surrounding area scattered and prepared to shoot the pair down.

 

Chanyeol and Suho rush out and started shooting fire balls and water slicers at the remaining robots, giving Kris to fly back down to safety. As soon as they landed, they headed straight to the fight. Chen shot more lightning at the surviving robots and evaded missiles and gunshots. Baekhyun joined the fight, shooting concentrated beams of light, lasers, at the other machines. Chanyeol was running towards three robots that were prepared to shoot at him. He let out the hugest tongue of flame, engulfing the machines, melting them in a manner of seconds. Suho used torrents of water to topple robots by having water shoot up from beneath the robots, launching them into the sky. Some of the smaller robots he sliced up with razor-like discs of water.

 

Kris covered for Chen, eliminating robots here and there.

 

Tao watched the scene unfold from the shadows, together with King. His sword was held at the ready, just in case a robot managed to escape the battle.

 

After a couple of minutes, the robots were overthrown. Most of them lay on the ground burnt, sliced, shot or torn up. The five boys stood, looking around them, and panting.

 

“I think… we did… a good job…” Chanyeol said in between gasps.

 

“No one’s hurt?” Kris said, wiping his forehead. Their faces were painted black by the explosions.

 

“I don’t think so…” Suho said, using his water to wash his face. He did the same for the other boys.

 

Tao and King came running up to them as soon as the fighting was over.

 

“You’re all alright?” He said, sheathing his sword. King barked his concern as well.

 

“We’re fine.” Kris said.

 

“That was probably the most fun I’ve ever had!” Chanyeol said, grinning.

 

“Don’t get too happy. We’ll be lucky we don’t have to do that again.” Baekhyun said, running over to Chanyeol and hugging the taller boy.

 

“Eh?” Chanyeol said, looking down at the boy hugging him.

 

“I thought I was going to die. I thought of you. Thought of how I’m going to survive so I can still be with you.” Baekhyun said softly, his head resting on Chanyeol’s chest.

 

Chanyeol felt his face turn red and he didn’t know how to react. It showed on his face when he was half smiling, half pouting. He put his hand on the younger boy’s head and ruffled his hair.

 

“The next time this happens, I’m not going to leave your side. You’re not getting rid of me any time soon.” Chanyeol said. Baekhyun looked up at the taller boy and their eyes met and they shared that special moment for a bit more.

 

Tao walked over to Kris and stood next to him. They were both looking at the other two boys. Kris looked down at Tao as Tao looked up at Kris. Tao was wearing a smile. A smile Kris always loved to look at. Kris took Tao’s hand and squeezed it. Tao leaned towards Kris and rested his head on the blonde boy’s shoulder.

 

“Uh, guys. I don’t think this is the right time to be doing this.” Suho broke the moment as he shouted as soon as he noticed the warehouses were lit up and sounds were coming from inside. “Something’s happening.”

 

King started barking urgently and began to run towards the gate.

 

“Guys, let’s head out!” Kris said, running with Tao in hand towards the gate. Suho, Chen, Baekhyun and Chanyeol ran with them.

 

In the distance, multiple robots started pouring out of the warehouse entrances. Back-up.

 

“Break down the gate!” Suho shouted.

 

“Move aside!” Kris said. He moved towards the gate and his eyes changed. They became the draconic slits instead of his normal black pupils. He felt strength surge throughout his body and with one punch, the gate came crashing down outwards. The boys and King poured out and began running.

 

“We can’t outrun them. We’re going to have to face those robots sooner or later!” Suho shouted to the others.

 

“I know!” Kris shouted in return.

 

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun as they ran and Baekhyun looked at him. They both nodded. Then they stopped running.

 

“What are you guys doing?” Chen said, looking back at them.

 

“You guys go on! We’ll take care of them.” Chanyeol said, his face full of determination. Baekhyun smiled and nodded.

 

“No! We’re not leaving you behind!” Suho said, starting to walk towards them.

 

Chanyeol put his hand up and a wall of flames erupted meters in front of Suho and the others, creating a burning barrier between them and Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

 

“Look. You guys have to get to Kai as quickly as possible. Once you do, you can come back here through him and pick us up. We’ll hold these guys back, trust us!” Chanyeol said through the flames.

 

“Or better yet, we’ll trash their whole base!” Baekhyun added.

 

“Are you guys crazy!?” Suho shouted back at them.

 

“I’m serious!” Chanyeol shouted. “We’re serious.”

 

Kris comes up to Suho and takes him by the arm.

 

“We’ll be back for them in no time. We have to trust them on this.” Kris said.

 

Suho looked down and clenched his fists. The flame barrier disappeared and Chanyeol and Baekhyun could see Suho clearly now. Suho looked up and met their eyes.

 

“You both better be alive when we come back.” He said, turning around.

 

“Definitely.” Baekhyun said.

 

“I told you, you’re not getting rid of me just yet.” Chanyeol said with a grin.

 

Kris looks at the pair and says his wishes for them. So did Tao, Chen and King. Then they all started running towards the main Red Force base.

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun watched as their friends went to look for the rest of their friends. Then they turned around and faced the oncoming onslaught of robots.

 

“We’ll get through this.” Chanyeol said, not looking at Baekhyun.

 

“Of course. If we need to hide, I’ll get us out of sight.” The smaller replied.

 

“If we need to retreat, I can fly us both out of here. Although, it will be a bit difficult.”

 

Baekhyun punched Chanyeol hard on the arm.

 

“Ow! What was that for!?”

 

“Are you trying to tell me I’m fat!?”

 

“No! I meant I need both my arms for direction when I’m flying!” Chanyeol started rubbing his arm, pouting. Baekhyun looked at the taller boy and smiled.

 

“I love you.” Baekhyun said.

 

“I love you, too.” Chanyeol replied.

 

They both started walking, approaching the every growing number of robots coming towards them.

 

Chanyeol, flames growing on both hands. Baekhyun, light gathering on both hands.

 

Underneath the two moons, the battle field was set.

 


[A/N]

 

I hope you guys like this chapter! I made it focused on Kris and Suho's group because I noticed people are more concerned for Sehun (and now Kai). As they should. But I thought maybe I should add more people you guys should worry about.

This chapter is for the BaekYeol shippers out there!! ^^v

Next chapter soon! :D

Much love, guys!! :D

Don't hate me if I haven't updated on Kai and the others yet. LOL. They'll be coming. XD