Chapter 24 - The Glory of Twelve Powers

New World

 

“She’s not following us anymore, is she?” Xiumin asked. They were all sprinting towards the entrance to the keep. Luhan stayed ahead with Lay and Chen close at his heels. Suho, D.O and Xiumin took the rear. Kris flew overhead.

 

The flyer looked back. The wall of earth D.O had created was still standing and Seohyun was nowhere in sight.

 

“We’re clear.” Kris announced.

 

“Not quite.” Luhan replied. On both sides, the robots that had assaulted them when they entered the grounds were activated once again. “D.O, earth wave!”

 

“Got it!” Receiving images in his head once again, D.O performed the attack Luhan had transmitted telepathically. He jumped midstride, raising both arms. As he did so, the earth to the left and right moved outward like a wave. The robots approaching them pushed against each other, some were unable to continue moving forward due to the uneven terrain.

 

Suho gathered up snow on the ground until he had two huge balls of snow. He levitated the balls over to the machines on both sides. Once above pack of machines, the balls burst, raining. The machines were drenched.

 

“Chen, electric shock.” Luhan commanded, relaying an image to Chen’s mind. Chen complied, sending a single bolt of lightning on each side. The bolt jumped from one machine to another, frying the robots’ circuits faster due to their damp state.

 

“And that’s how we do it!” D.O cheered. They had reached the entrance now. Kris scanned the area ahead. No additional guards were there to greet them. No traps or defenses.

 

“The viruses probably think we were never going to reach the keep. Seohyun must be really strong. Maybe I should head back and help Tao.” Kris said, floating in place.

 

“You’re going to piss him off if you do.” Lay called out. “Remember, the faster we get through this, the better.”

 

“Besides, Seohyun won’t kill him. She needs us. That offers us some sort of protection, at least. All Tao has to do is dodge and evade.” Xiumin added.

 

“Kris?” Luhan asked.

 

“Okay. Let’s go.”

 


 

 

Tao, about the sword.

 

Yeah?

 

It’s named the Glory of Twelve Powers for a reason.

 

I thought about that. I felt the sword emanate power when I unsheathed it earlier. So, what’s this sword’s deal?

 

Tao maintained his stance, eyes on the robot lady in front of him.

 

That sword is imbued with the energy of all 12 powers you boys have. King explained. If you unlock the sword’s powers, you can use it in various ways.

 

How do I go about unlocking it?

 

Simple. Just say these words. I, say your name, acknowledge The Glory of Twelve Powers.

 

I, Huang Zi…

 

No! You have to say it out loud!

 

Oh, okay.

 

“I…” Tao said loudly and clearly, still maintaining his pose.

 

“Hm?” The robot lady tensed.

 

“…Huang Zi Tao, acknowledge the glory of twelve powers!” As soon as Tao ended his sentence, the sword started glowing.

 

Now, the fun begins! King said and he unleashed a wave of energy. He started morphing. His body was now tripled in size, his fur more jagged and edgy. He looked more like a wolf now than a dog. An unusually huge wolf.

 

“Cool.” Tao said, standing at ease and checking out the sword. It looked the same, but it felt different. It felt more powerful.

 

“Increasing your size and making your sword glow won’t change a thing!” Seohyun said. She forward, her floating arms following above and around her.

 

Tao. First of all, I want you to use the sword while it’s imbued with the power of earth. To use it, just say the element.

 

“Earth!” Tao called out, resuming his stance. Seohyun was half-way towards Tao and King now. The sword didn’t look different.

 

Now stab the sword to the ground and imagine what you want to do with the earth!

 

Tao did as instructed, imagining spikes to erupt in front of him. As soon as the sword sunk into the ground, earthen spikes shot out from the ground, barring the virus’ attack.

 

“What!?” Seohyun was caught off guard but she back stepped away just in time to avoid getting impaled. “You want swords, I’ll give you swords!” She opened her hands, and two swords materialized, the hilts already at her palms. Her extra arms also acquired swords. She was now wielding 8 swords altogether. She dashed towards the spikes and hacked them down, slicing them clean.

 

Tao had to backflip away. King jumped back, landing beside Tao, his landing sending snow and dirt to rise up from the ground.

 

Next, the power of the mind. King charged at Seohyun, using the spikes as a distraction. He jumped and opened his mouth wide, releasing a blast of energy towards the robot. This time, Seohyun had to retreat, side stepping and avoiding the blast. King landed where she had been. She counter attacked by slashing four swords. King backed away but Seohyun didn’t stop the attack there. She dashed, bringing down the other four swords she wielded.

 

Tao dashed between her and King, raising his sword to block the one Seohyun held with her real hand. The three other swords were blocked by psychic swords.

 

I guess you figured that one out on your own.

 

Wasn’t hard.

 

Tao parried the sword, as did the psychic blades, and rolled to the side, allowing King to shoot another blast of energy. Seohyun evaded by jumping high. She swirled in midair and fired her extra arms towards Tao and King, swords pointed at them. Tao dipped his sword into the ground and flicked it upwards. A wall of earth formed in front of him, defending him from the assault. The swords pierced the wall. One sword tip nearly impaled Tao in the chest had he not back flipped away.

Tao saw Seohyun had retreated away from them.

 

“I’m having fun.” She taunted. “You two are more than you seem!”

 

Next, the power of wind!

 

Tao whispered ‘wind’, trying to avoid the robot to hear what his next attack might be.

 

This allows your slashes to send a blade of super sharp wind to your target.

 

Seohyun wasn’t wielding her swords anymore. Something else materialized in her hands. A bow. Her extra arms held the arrows. She fitted an arrow into the bow, pulled back and released. The arrow zoomed forward in an unbelievable speed. Tao and King had anticipated the attack and managed to evade. Rolling then standing up, Tao slashed his sword rapidly four times. The slashes created blades of wind that sped towards Seohyun.

 

“Tch.” The robot jumped to evade and returned fire by rapidly shooting four arrows. Tao parried them by slicing the air, aiming for the arrows. The projectiles collided mid-air. King ran towards the virus, awaiting her descent.

 

Seohyun let loose a joyful laugh.

 

“Fun! Fun! More!” Her extra arms vanished and behind her, wings materialized. “Your defeat is inevitable.”

 

“Don’t bet on it.” Tao replied, although he wasn't sure she heard.

 

“We’ve still got seven boys to harvest energy from. It won’t hurt to kill you.” Seohyun announced. Something was materializing in her hands once again. It looked like a big pipe with a handle.

 

Tao squinted. The night made it difficult to see what it was that she was holding now. King stood beside Tao.

 

That’s a cannon! She’s serious!

 

“What do I do?” Tao asked calmly.

 

Activate the power of space.

 

“Space…” Tao said. The sword hummed in reply.

 

“Too bad, but one casualty is forgivable.” Seohyun aimed the cannon downwards at Tao and King.

 

How’s your throwing arm? King asked, tensing.

 

Pretty good. Do I throw the sword at her?

 

Yes. Do you think you can reach her?

 

Definitely.

 

Tao backed away a little and then started a short run and threw the sword. At the same time, Seohyun fired. A round object, about the same size of a beach ball zoomed towards them.

 

Grab onto me!

 

Tao put his hand on King and waited for the right moment. He watched the sword whiz towards Seohyun and the grenade head for them.

 

Now!

 

Tao closed his eyes and he and King disappeared. The grenade hit the ground and exploded. The sword had almost reached the robot. Tao and King appeared beside the sword. Tao immediately grabbed it, used King as a stepping stone and jumped. Seohyun, caught by surprise, didn’t get enough time to evade. Tao slashed, slicing part of her wing.

 

The explosion below them had subsided and a crater had formed.

 

Seohyun was disoriented for a bit. Grabbing this chance, King fired a blast of energy which hit her squarely in the chest. Tao threw the sword downwards. The blade hit the ground and Tao and King teleported beside it. Seohyun crashed down.

 

Her right wing was sliced in half and there was a visible mark left by the blast King had hit her with on her chest part.

 

“Why you…” her voice shuddered. “I was going easy on you. Not anymore.”

 

Tao, get ready. I’ll teach you how to use the remaining powers as we go.

 

Okay.

 

Seohyun’s wings dematerialized. Blades shot out from her arms, turning them into katars. Ten blades materialized around her.

“You better prepare, boy. I’m going to go all out.” She let loose another of her laughs, this time it was a lot shriller. Ten more blades materialized. “Ready or not, here I come.”

 

[A/N]

Very fast update! I was supposed to upload this last night but the website kept freezing on me!! I was soooo frustrated. LOL. Anyways, I hope you like this one. Tao action with a side of King and Seohyun. LOL. XD Oh, plus. During Seohyun's bow and arrow attack, I imagined her doing the Hoot dance. LOLOLOL. XD

 

Much love! <3