Chapter 20 - More Fall

New World

 

Kris, Tao, Suho, Chen and King ran as fast as they could away from the on coming onslaught of robots, away from Chanyeol and Baekhyun who volunteered to stay behind and stop the robots.

 

“They’ll be okay.” Suho said breathlessly. “They’ll be okay.” It was like he was saying it more to himself than to the other three boys with him.

 

They raced along dry ground until the terrain slowly started to be covered in snow. It was getting colder now, too.

 

They heard a loud boom behind them and saw a bright light pierce the night.

 

“What’s happening?” Chen asked, stopping immediately at the sound of the explosion. Everyone else stopped with him and looked back. They can only see the light, extending to the heavens. After seconds, the light slowly died down and they could see smoke rising from several different locations.

 

“They must be doing real good.” Kris said. “Let’s not fail them. Forward, guys!”

 

Suho nodded, looking back one last time.

 


 

 

Looking at the mass of robots coming towards them, Chanyeol and Baekhyun sighed.

 

“So, you got any plans?” Baekhyun asked, his hands accumulating a massive amount of light energy.

 

“Nope.” Chanyeol said plainly, smiling, showing off his perfect white teeth. His hands were also covered in flames.

 

“Thought so.” Baekhyun smiled in return. “What were we thinking?”

 

“I don’t know. It just felt like the right moment to do this, you know? I’m sure you felt it, too.”

 

Baekhyun nodded. “Ugh, I hate how dramatic we both are. We’ve gotten ourselves in trouble before because of this. I think this one tops the list, yeah?”

 

“Definitely.” Chanyeol let out a small laugh.

 

The machines were coming closer and closer and from the looks of it they weren’t going to end. The warehouses seemed to be producing machines like there was no tomorrow.

 

“We’re going to need a plan you know. Anything!” Baekhyun said, a light sound coming from the light accumulating in his hands.

 

“Right. Um.” Chanyeol’s eyes scanned the scene before them. The robots were coming at them from all sides in front of them. The warehouses were still making more. This meant it was going to be an endless fight unless they took out the source.

 

“Any moment now.” Baekhyun interrupted Chanyeol’s train of thought.

 

“I’m going to fly up and destroy the warehouses. Otherwise, we’ll be fighting robots endlessly. We’re going to be on the losing end.”

 

“What do I do!?”

 

“Laser down the coming robots. I’m pretty sure you’ll toast them before they reach you. If all else fails, use your invisibility trick! I’ll be back real quick!”

 

And without another word said, Chanyeol released a jet of flames from his feet, propelling him off the ground. He zoomed over the robots, headed for the base. Some of the robots aimed their arsenals towards the sky and shot flak and nets. Chanyeol easily avoided these by swerving to his right and increasing his fire power.

 

Baekhyun, left alone, looked at the army before him. He brought both his hands together, combining the power of both accumulated light energies. He didn’t anticipate how much energy he had stored in that little amount of time. The combined force exploded, sending a destructive wave around Baekhyun and a pillar of light to rise up into the sky. Baekhyun could only close his eyes and hope the wave would wipe out all the robots.

 

Chanyeol looked back and had to squint then close his eyes because of the sheer brightness of the attack. He decided he’d look ahead of him and focus in destroying the warehouses from above.

 

The scene below looked different after blasted with such a strong source of light. The shadows were more defined, blacker than ever and they stretched further than usual. He could see more machines skittering out of the six warehouses in the base. Chanyeol stopped and hovered above the base, accumulating flames in both his hands once again. Then he started pelting the base with fire balls five times the size of a basketball. When the fiery balls of flame reached impact, it exploded and sent embers flying all around.

 

The first few attacks were easy since the newly released robots didn’t sense Chanyeol’s presence high above them. This time, he was being assaulted once more by flak and nets aimed at him. The flak made it hard for him to see below so he just randomly dropped fireballs below him and started to gain more altitude in hopes that the nets and flak wouldn’t reach him anymore. Sure enough, the nets didn't reach him anymore but the flak still proved to be a problem. He couldn’t see if he has caused enough damage to stop the robot production. So he decides to create a much bigger ball of flame and drop it before going back to Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun opened his eyes and beheld the waste he had turned the robots into. The wave of energy was so strong it push back the robots a few yards backward and even created a mini crater around where he stood.

 

“Wow. If I knew I could make that much energy, I could have destroyed the whole base all by myself!” Baekhyun said happily to himself. He slowly climbed up the small crater he had created until he was back in level ground. The robots were in disarray in front of him. He noticed black clouds above the base and saw a tiny red dot way above. It was Chanyeol.

 

He watched as Chanyeol created a huge ball of flame and drop it onto the base below. Baekhyun deduced, with a fireball that size, the base should definitely be destroyed, along with whatever survivor his wave attack didn’t reach.

 

He saw the tiny red dot dart away from the base and was headed his direction.

 

In seconds, Chanyeol was above him and landing slowly. The fireball had reached impact and the explosion was deafening. Both boys clutched at their heads, covering their ears. After the initial explosion was finished, they both looked up and surveyed the base. It was still shrouded in smoke and they saw debris scattered all around.

 

“That was some plan, huh?” Baekhyun said, still looking at the damage they had done.

 

“I told you I was smart.” Chanyeol said, grinning.

 

“Yes. Yes, you are.” Baekhyun hugged the taller boy tight and Chanyeol hugged back.

 

Then in the silence, they heard the faint sound of whizzing. They both released each other from their hug and looked around. They saw bird-like things erupt out from the smoke from the base, heading for them. Chanyeol shot balls of flame at them and Baekhyun  tried shooting them down with lasers. The bird-like enemies whizzed left and right, too fast for both boys to shoot down.

 

In a manner of seconds, the birds were upon them. They were machines with wings. There were about five that dove towards them.

 

“Baekhyun! Quick! Make us disappear!”

 

“On it!” Baekhyun raised his arms to start bending the light when the machines shot them.

 

Needles pierced Chanyeol on the neck and thigh while Baekhyun had two on his arm and one on his chest.

 

“Baek… hyun…” Chanyeol looked at his partner. His vision was starting to get blurry.

 

“Cha…”

 

Baekhyun’s vision blurred and then turned black. His eyes closed and he collaped on his back. Chanyeol did the same not long after.

 

Their winged captors drop down meters away from their bodies and release cuffs that had wires connected to the airborne mechanoids. The cuffs strapped on to both boys’ arms and legs. Then the wires retracted and the boys bodies were pulled toward their captors.

 

The boys are captured?” A woman’s voice resounded from all of the machines.

 

Affirmative.” The robots replied in unison.

 

Status of the base.” Another woman’s voice came from the machines.

 

Completely destroyed.

 

Return to base immediately. Avoid any other confrontation.” A third voice came, that of another woman’s.

 

Roger.

 

The plane-like robots hovered high above the ground, Baekhyun and Chanyeol in tow, and then zoomed off into the night sky.

 



 

 

[A/N]

 

Sorry, guys. But I have plans in the future.

Can anyone guess who the women are?? If you paid attention to the story, I think you can have a guess as to who the three mysterious masters of the Red Force are. XD

I hope I did well in describing everything in the story. I hope everything is as dramatic and epic in your minds as it is in my mind. ><

'Til the next chapter! <3 Much love! <3