Chapter 11 - Separation Again

New World

 

Majesty had just briefed them with all her knowledge about the machine army. They had to infiltrate and destroy the army flawlessly, to avoid any casualties.

 

There might be casualties. Are you all sure you’re up for this?

 

“No worries! I’ll be there to patch them all up!” Lay says confidently.

 

It’s true. The symbol of regeneration is a powerful symbol. But still, be careful everyone.

 

“Okay, listen up guys.” Luhan starts, beckoning everyone to form a circle around him. “As Majesty said, there are two bases. One is the main base, where the virus is most probably in. The other is a smaller one but it’s where most of the army is being produced. So, it’s going to be a tricky one. Do any of you have any ideas as to how we’re proceeding?”

 

He looks around, waiting for someone to suggest something. Kris was the first to speak.

 

“One way to deal with this would be to split up into two groups.” He says.

 

The others look at each other, thinking how this plan would work out.

 

“Or we could move as one unit and take out the smaller base then move on to the main.” Suho suggests.

 

“One problem I see with that is we won’t know if the main base will be sending reinforcements. They could sneak up on us and overpower all of us in an instant.” Kris says.

 

“True.” Chanyeol agrees. Everyone nods their heads slowly.

 

“So, two teams. Anyone disagree?” Luhan asks and waits for someone to raise their hand. Kai does, after a few seconds.

 

“How do we split up? Who decides who stays in which team?” he asked. Everyone, again, nods their heads, adding silent yeah’s with it.

 

“We’ll have to do this strategically.” Luhan suggests.

 

A few minutes later.

 

“Kai, bai, BOH! I win!! That means I’m with Team B!” D.O. exclaims. He had thrown a rock hand while Chanyeol threw a scissors hand.

 

“Fine. I’m with Team A! I get to be with Bacon!” Chanyeol says in a sing-song tone. “Bacon!” he calls out.

 

“Y-yeah! Don’t be so loud!” Baekhyun responds, blushing a bit.

 

“Are they…?” Tao whispers to Kris, slightly pointing at Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

 

“Maybe.” Kris replies plainly.

 

“Maybe we should…” Tao says silently. Kris didn’t catch it and Tao forces himself to forget about his idea.

 

“Okay, so all the teams are ready.” Suho announces.

 

Is this really how it’s done in Earth? Majesty asks, fascinated at the ritual. It’s very interesting.

 

“Trust us, Majesty!” Chen replies. “This is the EASIEST way to decide on things!”

 

I don’t get how it’s strategic, though. Majesty chimes in with a slightl confused tone.

 

“Don’t sweat the small stuff.” Chen replies.

 

“So, everyone’s ready?” Xiumin asks, looking at both teams.

 

“Yes, I think so.” Luhan stands between both teams. “Team A. Kris, Tao, Chanyeol, Bacon...” Luhan does a little embarrassed cough. “Uh, I mean, Baekhyun… Suho and Xiumin. And team B,” Luhan turns around to face his own team. “Chen, Lay, Kai, D.O., Sehun and I.”

 

“Well, it’s settled then.” Kris steps forward. Then they all look to the great tree.

 

Good. Now, all that’s left is for you guys to travel to the outskirts of the machines’ camps.

 

“The outskirts? Why can’t I just teleport everyone inside the bases and start trashing those things?” Kai asks.

 

The virus has evolved, as I’ve said, and with that evolution she has analyzed the powers of the symbols and has learned to utilize and counter them. Once again I tell you, this is not going to be an easy task.

 

“I’ve never thought war was easy! We can do this.” Sehun says. “Please continue.”

 

Okay. Kai will most likely teleport everyone to the outskirts of each base. From there on I cannot help you. Somehow, the virus has also learned how to keep my force at bay. I do not know what lies ahead of you except that you will be facing an army of immense size. With the powers of the symbols and with your courage, I know you will overcome them. But, please, be careful. Don’t be reckless.

 

“Got it!” Suho remarks. Then he turns to everyone, as did Kris and Luhan. “So, everyone ready?”

 

Everyone gives a strong nod of their head, smiles plastered on their faces.

 

Seeing his friends, Luhan’s resolve to protect them no matter what grows. Then he sees Sehun beside him. It hasn’t been long, he knows, but somehow he knows that this boy was special. He made him feel no one else has ever made him feel before. He will protect this boy no matter what, he promised himself.

 

“We’re ready.” Kris replies verbally.

 

“Time to kick some viral machine !” Chanyeol adds enthusiastically.

 

“I may not be able to use my powers, but I’ll do what I can!” Tao says silently.

 

About that, Tao. Majesty chimes. King walks towards the great tree and disappears underneath the roots. After a few good minutes, King comes back out with a sheathed sword in his mouth. He then walks up to Tao and hands it to him.

 

“What’s this?” Tao asks. The rest of the boys drew close to see what the sword was.

 

This is modeled after a sword from your planet. It’s called The Glory of Ten Powers. I’m sure you’ve heard of it.

 

“This is a legendary Chinese sword!” Lay exclaims.

 

No, that is not the same one. It is modeled after it. I would think this one is a better one. I call it The Glory of Twelve Powers. Twelve is better than ten, no?

 

Tao smiles at the tree and bows.

“I will put this to good use. Thank you, Majesty.”

 

Now then… Kai you will be teleporting them to places you have not been to and have no connection to at all. It might be a bit difficult for you to do it this time so I’ll be providing you the view. Open your mind.

 

“Okay.” Kai breathes in and closes his eyes. Two images appear before him in his minds eye. One, a field of dry ground with huge spikes protruding out of the ground. Two, a winter wonderland with trees all around, powdered with snow. Kai opens his eyes and breathes out. “Got it.”

 

The first one is the secondary base. You will have to transport the assigned team there then come back and join your team.

 

“Everyone got the images?” Kai asked, addressing the other boys. He received nods in return. “Okay. So, which team will go to which one?”

 

“The snowy one.” Xiumin says. “I think our team would be better suited there. With my control over ice, maybe I could help.”

 

“Agreed.” Suho says.

 

“That settles it then. It’ll also be easier for me to call forth some wind power if we need it., too.” Sehun adds.

 

“Okay. So, we’ll be taking the other location. Xiumin’s power is frost, so it’ll be like we have a home advantage.” Kai confirms. “Everyone’s okay with this?”

 

Everyone nods in agreement.

 

May the two moons guide and protect you. Majesty says.

 

“The two moons can do that?” Chen asks.

 

No, not really. But it’s an earthly custom to do that, no?

 

Everyone chuckled. Kai then moves to Team A. Kris, Tao, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Suho, Chen and Kai all hold hands.

 

“Take care you guys.” Luhan calls out.

 

“Watch each other’s backs!” Sehun says.

 

“We will!” Kris and Chanyeol reply together, and then they disappear in a puff of black smoke.

 

Seconds later, Kai returns and holds hands with his own team.

 

“You guys ready for this?” Kai asks. Everyone nods.

 

“Let’s do this.” Xiumin says.

 

“We’re gonna rock this!” Lay adds.

 

“Then, let’s go.” Kai closes his eyes and they were gone.

 


 

[A/N]

 

Hey, guys! I'm very sorry for the LAAAATE update. I tried writing earlier during the family reunion dinner thing but my little cousins kept bugging me. OMG. I couldn't write AT ALL. But, I'm home now and I FINALLY got to finish writing this. I'm sorry if anyone expected action and stuff this chapter. There might be on the next. ^^ Please wait for it. It's coming! :)

 

About the HunHan thing. They didn't really do IT. I used the wrong wordings. Sorry. What I meant was they did "something" already. ^^ But not to that degree. LOLz. I'm sorry for the confusion. :) This "something" explains how Luhan and Sehun are attached to each other already in the later chapters. :)

 

I hope you enjoyed this brief chapter! Watch out for the next one. ^^ Love you alll~~~~~ <3