Chapter 13.2 - Abducted

New World

 

“How can you think of stuff like that?” Kai asks.

 

“I play a lot of games back home. And I guess doing rubiks cube puzzles all the time has trained my brain to think more critically.” Luhan ducks inside the hole they made, followed by Kai, then Sehun and Xiumin. On the other side, Lay and D.O. wait for them.

 

They look around and see tall metal buildings. They can hear the hum of the machines all around them and the clinks and clangs of whatever it was that’s surrounding them. Behind them, the wall extended left and right endlessly. In front, rows and rows of buildings faced them.

 

“At least there’s no one here to greet us.” D.O. said, rubbing the back of his head.

 

“Let’s not speak too soon. We have no idea what our enemy is. Let’s tread carefully, guys.” Lay starts walking forward and everyone follows.

 

In between buildings there were narrow alleyways and they decided they’d take this route instead of going around the buildings. This way, they’d stay ‘under the radar’.

 

They reach a crossroad of buildings and turn right, suggested by Luhan. Sehun leads the way with Luhan taking up the rear.

 

After a few minutes of snaking around in between the buildings, they reach a clearing, but still surrounded by tall metallic buildings. The sound of machines kept growing stronger the more they went inside the heart of the base.

 

“Are you sure this is the main base? ‘Coz if it is, it sure is a crappy base. I was expecting more action.” D.O. comments as they stepped into the clearing.

 

“I told you we shouldn’t speak too---” Before Lay could finish his sentence, Sehun lets out a scream. From behind him, an arm snatches him away into one of the alleyways.

 

“Sehun!” Luhan reaches out with his mind and finds that Sehun is still okay but he’s weakening. Luhan immediately runs towards the alleyway Sehun was dragged into.

 

“Luhan! Be careful!” Lay runs after his friend.

 

“Guys, we have to stay together!” Xiumin shouts after them. He grabs both Kai and D.O. by the arms and forces them to stay put. “Let them handle it. If we lose it here, we’re done for. Luhan can take care of himself and if something happens Lay can patch them up.”

 

Kai and D.O. reluctantly nod their head.

 

“So, what do we do?” D.O. asks.

 

“As much as I don’t want to leave Sehun alone, we have to watch our backs in case these machines decide to ambush us.” Kai says.

 

“You’re right. Everyone’s backs to each other.” All three turn around, their backs facing each other, waiting for something to happen.

 

Just then, three arms come at them from three different directions. Prepared, Xiumin puts his hand out and lets loose a beam of ice towards the arm. D.O. surprises himself by creating a wall of earth in front of him. Kai teleports on top of the extended arm and touches it then teleports again towards the sky, bringing the Eye Pod with it then he teleports back to the ground, leaving the Pod to drop 50 feet into the ground.

 

“Watch out, guys!” he warns them and they all take cover from the falling mechanoid. The pod that attacked D.O. had retracted its arm and sent another one flying towards him.

 

“Oh, no you don’t!” D.O. creates a spike of earth underneath the arm, piercing it and cutting it in half.

 

“You’re getting better at this, Dee!” Kai exclaims, amazed at his friend’s show of power.

 

“I think it’s the adrenaline! Or maybe Luhan did something to my head! Somehow, when I think of using my powers, these images of games start running in my head!”

 

“That’s good.” Xiumin trailed the severed arm of the Eye Bot and found the main body. He touched it and it immediately started freezing over. “I think that’s the last of them.”

 

“Can we go after Sehun now?” Kai asks.

 

“Yes. I think that’s the last of them here.” The three immediately start heading for the alleyway that the other three had headed, leaving behind frozen and broken Eye Pods in the clearing. From another alleyway, though, three tiny robots skitter out and follow them silently.\

 

[A/N]

 

Here's the other team's experience. Phew. I had to speed write this in the morning because we had to leave for lunch!! I hope you guys like it!! If you do, subscribe and comment??? Yess??? I lubsh you all!! I will write a longer chapter (a better one, too) next time!!

 

MMMWAH~~ <3