Chapter 35 - Misses

New World

 

Luhan tensed. He knew, if she was speaking the truth and that she knew every move they were going to make, they would have no chance of winning. He just hopes that she can’t read the mental messages he’s sending to his friends.

 

‘Suho, D.O, King… Don’t react to our mental conversations. I’m guessing that even though she can read our moves, she can’t read our minds.’ He sent to the three companions beside him.

 

‘Let’s hope she can’t. What’re you planning?’ Suho responded.

 

‘We’re going to have to attack her, keep her busy. She can’t be in two places at once. Let’s hope Kris and the others can rescue the others while she’s tied up with us.’ Luhan explained.

 

‘Ready?’ King growled into their minds.

 

‘Ready!’ they all responded in unison.

 

Luhan lunged forward, produced two katanas and sliced at Taeyon. She smiled and jumped, evading the blades. Suho took his chance and fired a jet of water at her.

 

‘Airborne, she won’t be able to evade!’ Suho exclaimed.

 

As the stream neared, hatches opened up at Taeyon’s legs, revealing jets underneath them. It released a burst of flame, changing her position mid-air at the very last second. Suho’s attack missed.

 

“This is very basic.” Taeyon said, landing a few meters away from them. “Don’t bore me or I’ll be rendering all of you unconscious in the next minute.”

 

Luhan exhaled slowly and eyed the robot. Behind her, Kris and the others were getting ready for their parts.

 


 

 

Kris got up and watched as Luhan and Suho attacked Taeyon. Then he heard Luhan in his head.

 

‘Guys!’

 

Tao, Lay, Xiumin and Chen also heard his voice.

 

‘We’re going to distract the robot as much as we can. Please get to the tubes and free the others.’

Everyone nodded silently. They got ready as Suho fired a jet of water at Taeyon, which the robot evaded in mid-air.

 

“Chen, Lay… Come with me.” Kris instructed. “Tao, Xiumin, you’re going to back the others up. We want that virus pre-occupied as much as possible.” They all nodded again and split up. Chen and Lay stayed back with Kris while Xiumin and Tao moved towards Taeyon, whose back is facing them.

 

‘Luhan.’ Kris spoke to everyone mentally but addressed Luhan. ‘As soon as you launch an attack, we’re going after the tubes. Tao and Xiumin will back us up in case that robot attacks us.’

 

‘Okay.’ Luhan replied.



 

 

Luhan heard Kris talk to them. They had a plan. We’ll see how much this robot can read movements, he thought to himself.

 

‘I’ll start!’ King roared in their minds. He shot out a blast of energy at Taeyon, who evaded sideways. He fired two more, rapidly. Taeyon was a blur, dancing left and right. The energy balls missed their target. From out of the smoke created by the explosions, Luhan emerged with a psychic spear, striking at Taeyon. The robot raised her hand, catching the spear by the shaft near the blade and snapped it in two. Luhan retreated a step as Suho sent two blades of water at the robot. She merely changed her position by facing Luhan and the blades shot by her, one in front and one at the back.

 


 

 

Kris, Chen and Lay ran towards the tubes as soon as King fired his energy balls. Tao and Xiumin spread out to cover them.

 

“It’s going to take us maybe half a minute to get to the tubes.” Kris said as they ran as fast as they could to the back of the room.

 

“Let’s just hope that robot stays with the others.” Lay said in between gasps of air.



 

 

Taeyon blurred once more and appeared beside Suho, who was caught unawares. The boy turned to face the robot and block himself with a wall of water but the robot had struck him three times already before he could protect himself.

 

“Gu-hah!!” Suho fell to the ground. Taeyon struck him once in the chest, once in the side and once in the stomach. All three hitting him in less than a second.

 

“Suho!” D.O ran towards his fallen friend. Taeyon had disappeared once again.

 

“I told you not to bore me.” She said, already behind Luhan. Luhan’s doe eyes widened in shock. He didn’t see her move. He saw her disappear and in a blink of an eye, she was behind him. But then she jumped back as King landed where she was, snarling and snapping his jaws at her.

 

‘Luhan, snap out of it!’ King growled into his mind. Then he shot an energy beam at Taeyon, which the robot once again evaded with ease. ‘We have to immobilize her!’

 

Then she was gone.

 

King and Luhan looked around. She wasn’t around. D.O and Suho were alone.

 

“!” Luhan cursed and he began sprinting towards the tubes in the distance. King followed.



 

 

“She’s disappeared!” Tao said urgently to Xiumin. They put their backs together and scanned the areas in front of them.

 

Taeyon didn’t appear.

 

“She’s after Kris.” Xiumin breathed out, then he felt Tao’s back leave his. He turned around and the black haired boy was speeding towards their three friends.

 


 

“We’re almost there!” Chen said.

 

The tubes were resting on a platform, something like a stage. The four of them lined up at the back most part, close to the wall.

 

Kris stopped all of a sudden, raising both his arms wide. Lay and Chen stopped behind his outstretched arms.

 

“I guess the diversion wasn’t a success.” Kris said.

 

“I’ve known of your diversion even before you boys talked about it telepathically.” Taeyon said calmly. She was on the stage, looking down at them. “If you really want your friends back, I can give them to you. Would you like me to release them?

 

“What are you playing at?” Kris didn’t like the sound of that proposition.

 

“Not playing. I’ll release them for you.” Taeyon turned and approached the tubes. First, Sehun’s. Then Kai. Then Chanyeol. Then Baekhyun.

 

The tubes opened and smoke escaped. The boys had their heads drooping forward as they walked out of the tubes.

 

“You should be happy. This will be like a reunion!”

 

Luhan, Tao and King arrived in time to see the boys at the platform lift their heads.

 

“Sehun…” Luhan whispered.

 

Sehun stared at Luhan. His eyes were dead and expressionless. Luhan remembered them to be that way before, but this time… there was an ominous feel from them.

 

[AN]

This is reuploaded because it was deleted.. due to the server thingy.. I think. Anyways... XD