Chapter 23 - Rush

New World

 

[A/N]

 

Hi guys! Here's a new chapter for everyone!
 

Okay, so here's something I want you to note. I won't be coloring Seohyun's speeches anymore because we all know it's her now. But just remember that her speech is pink. LOL. Also, words spoken in italic are said through the mind. That's about it. Enjoy! <3

 


 


 

 

“Seohyun. What do you want?” Kris spoke out.

 

“Energy. Lots of energy.”

 

“What for?”

 

“To rule this world, of course! We have the necessary technology and the means! All we need is the boundless energy we can get from you boys!”

 

“We… You said ‘we’. Are there more of you?” Kris inquired.

 

“Back at the warehouse we heard three different voices speaking. One belonged to her. There must be two more.” Lay said.

 

Seohyun smiled wider.

 

“You don’t need to meet my sisters. I will be more than enough to handle you all. And once I’ve captured you, your bodies will be vessels of energy under our control.”

 

“Don’t…” Luhan moaned, still scrunched up on the ground beside the robot.

 

“Hm?” Seohyun looked at Luhan, still smiling.

 

“Don’t… underestimate us…” Luhan said, coughing slightly.

 

“And what can you do, boy?” Seohyun returned her gaze to Kris, paying no mind to Luhan.

 

“This.” Luhan whispered. Then he sent a mental message to his friends.

 

Now!

 

Kris flew forward in a breakneck speed, recoiling his arm, ready to punch the robot. Seohyun smiled widely, anticipating the attack and tried to sidestep but failed. Something was holding her feet down but there was nothing. She tried to raise her arms to shield herself but found that they were also being held in place. She then realized Luhan was mentally restricting her movement. She cursed silently to herself.

 

Kris approached and released his punch. It collided with something hard.

 

“You’ve got to be kidding me!” D.O said under his breath.

 

Seohyun had managed to block the punch with two arms forming an X in front of her. These were extra arms that weren’t connected to her body. Somehow, she had summoned extra arms to aid her.

 

“Is that all you’ve got?” She grinned menacingly. It looked more menacing and creepy coming from a metallic robot face.

 

Kris dived for Luhan and managed to grab the boy and retreat. Seohyun made no move to stop him. Her extra two arms floated and rested above and slightly behind her.

 

“Lay, heal him.” Kris said depositing Luhan to the healer. Lay nodded his head and immediately started healing his friend.

 

“I don’t want any of you dead.” Seohyun said. “But if I need to kill, I will. We’ve already got four sources of energy. The boys of fire and light are endless pools of energy! I doubt we even need any of you anymore!”

 

Suho’s fists clenched tightly at his sides. So did D.O’s. Thinking about their friends being used by these alien viruses made them angry like they’ve never been in their life.

 

King barked, gaining everyone’s attention. They all looked at the dog.

 

We should split up. He said mentally. I know it seems like she’s really strong, but you guys have so much power inside of you, you just don’t realize it.

 

Who’s going to stay behind? Suho replied mentally.

 

I will. They heard Tao’s voice in their heads. They were all caught by surprise. Tao noticed all their reactions. What!?

 

Everyone was silent for a while, then Kris spoke up.

 

I’ll stay with you.

 

No. They’re going to need you more than I will.

 

I will stay with the boy. King said. I have a few tricks up my sleeve… so to speak.

 

But back at the base you said you couldn’t fight! Chen said.

 

I didn’t need to. I knew you were going to handle things. Plus, I only have little energy reserves. I wanted to save it for a greater problem.

Facing a whole army of deadly robots wasn’t too great a problem for you? Chen asked sarcastically which King ignored.

 

Tao can’t activate his powers! All he has is a sword to protect him! Kris protested.

 

I can handle myself fine, Gege!

 

If this was some sort of gang fight on Earth, I’d believe you. In front of a potentially dangerous robotic lady with lethal weapons, I don’t think so!

 

Rest assured, Kris, Tao will be safe. I can see he has previous experience with fighting. And the sword has secrets I forgot to tell him back at Majesty’s dome. King said.

 

You all need to get to the others as fast as possible. The faster you do that, the faster you can get me and teleport us out of here. Tao insisted.

 

Tao has a point. Luhan said. All he has to do is stay safe and try to avoid injury and death as much as possible. Lay will be able to patch him up good as new if we get back to him fast enough.

 

I still don't agree with this.

 

Tao walked towards Kris and held his hand. Kris looked at the boy with jet black hair. Tao curled his other hand into a fist and put it up beside his face.

 

“Oh, no you don…” Kris began to say. But Tao interrupted his sentence.

 

Bbuing bbuing!” Tao said in a playful tone.

 

“There it is.” Chen said, smiling.

 

Seohyun stood silently as she watched the boys. She could not hear their telepathic conversations. It took her a while to understand that they must be talking mentally.

 

“Stop wasting my time and surrender. You have no hope of winning.” She called out.

 

“So, it’s decided?” Luhan said, standing up. He rubbed his ribs and felt no pain anymore. I’ll hold her down, along with those hands of hers and we’ll dash past her. Tao, King. Cover us.

 

“Decided you’ll stand down?” Seohyun released a laugh. It sounded eerily like a human girl’s, it didn’t match her appearance at all. “Don’t worry. I know how boys value their pride. I won’t torment you, I promise.”

 

“Now!” Luhan shouted and all eight boys and King dashed forward. Tao unsheathed his sword as he went. The Glory of Twelve Powers hummed, as if it was eager for a fight. King barred his teeth and released a roar not befitting his size.

 

Seohyun summoned more floating arms around her and smiled crazily as the boys dashed towards her. She spread her legs and raised her arms, her extra 3 pairs of arms started to float away from her body, metallic fists clenched.

 

“So I guess we’re playing this the hard way!”

 

When the boys were close, she poised to strike but found herself unable to move once again.

 

“I won’t fall for the same trick twice, boy!” She snarled. An electric current ran past her body, releasing whatever mental hold Luhan had on her. When the boys passed her by, not even bothering to attack, it caught her by surprise.

 

“What!?” She swerved her head, looking at the seven boys running towards the metallic keep behind her.

 

D.O stopped, turned around and raised his hands. A wall of earth erupted between Seohyun and the others, blocking the robots sight.

 

“Why you little…” Seohyun was about to punch down the wall when she saw Tao headed for her, sword already in mid-swing. Her extra arms immediately floated between her and the sword, shielding her from the blade.

 

“I suggest you keep your eyes on me.” Tao said, his voice and expression had changed. His eyes looked sharper and his voice deeper, colder.

 

“Insolent little fool!” Seohyun sent four arms to strike down Tao but the boy somersaulted away and all four struck the ground. King had evaded the punches as well. Both were standing a few feet away from Seohyun.

 

Tao eyed the robot lady, sword at the ready.

 

“You best not underestimate me, boy!” Seohyun said, her voice crackled a bit, as if she were trying to shriek the words out.

 

“I can say the same for you.” Tao replied coldly, raising his sword and taking up one of his wushu stances.

 


[A/N]

 

Dun Dun Dun. To those who wanted more Tao action, you're going to get it. I purposely left him out of most battles because one, he didn't need to fight. Two, he knows he doesn't need to fight. LOL. Tao is a very wise boy in this story, though he has his cute side, as you all read in this chapter. I want you guys, also, to imagine the fighting Tao to be like the one in his teaser videos. All cool and deadly-like. That'll make the story better, I think. Well, that's just me.. That's how I imagine him right now while fighting the robo-Seohyun.

To those who can't remember, Tao's sword is named The Glory of Twelve Powers. This is based on an ancient Chinese sword called "The Glory of Ten Powers". It's a real sword. You can search it on wiki. LOL. XD There's a name there, Tang Hao... Sounds like.. Tao.. LOL. XD Anyways, that's just me. XD

Humm.. What else... Oh, yeah! To the SNSD / TTS fans, don't be offended if I turned them into villains. LOL. This is not them, technically. These are just robots with their names. XD At least now you get to imagine them as really cool deadly virus robots!!

One more thing, I appreciate your love for "Lay Pills" ! It was a random word that came into my mind while writing the previous chapters. XD HAHAHA!! So happy!!~ <3

Much love! <3