Chapter 13.1 - First Battle

New World

 

Kris lands and Tao, Baekhyun and Suho make space. Kris decides Tao would be the next one to be transported.

 

“You two sit tight and maybe decide who I’ll carry over first.”

 

“Okay. Fly safe.” Baekhyun responds. Kris nods and proceeds to carry Tao the way he did with Chen.

 

“You ready, baby?” Kris smiles, looking down at Tao who he was carrying like a princess.

 

“Ready.” Tao wraps his arms around Kris’ neck and locks his hands behind them. Then Kris slowly floats up and glides forward. As soon as they were out of earshot, Baekhyun makes a comment.

 

“I have a feeling their trip will take a little longer than the first.” Suho smirked at the comment.

 

“If you and Chanyeol flew together, I think the both of you would take forever to land.” Suho said, adding a giggle. Baekhyun smiles and punches Suho on the shoulder.

 

Just then they hear an explosion and turn to see, in the direction of where Chen and Chanyeol were, that smoke was rising.

 

“What’s happened?” Tao struggles to crane his neck and look at where the explosion came from but fails to do so as Kris’ speed increased dramatically. In a matter of seconds, they were above Chanyeol and Chen, looking down at their situation.

 

Both boys were wrapped by the same arms that had wrapped around Kris the first time they encountered the Eye Pods. Kris immediately knew Chanyeol and Chen were powerless.

 

“Drop me! Now!” Tao shouts.

 

“Okay. I’ll support you.” Kris nods and positions himself above the length of the metallic arms constricting his friends and drops Tao.

 

During the fall, Tao unsheathes the sword Majesty gave him and positions it in front of him. As he drops into the ground, the sword slices clean through one of the metal arms. Tao twists around and brings the sword down on the other arm. He turns and faces the spider-like mechanoids heading for him.

 

As Tao freed the two boys, Kris helps them unwrap the arms around them.

 

“You guys are okay?” Kris asks, ripping the metal off of Chanyeol.

 

“We are.” Chen immediately checks if he can produce lightning. He opens his right hand and a ball of lightning forms. “Pay back time.”

 

One of the spiders shoots a bolt of lightning at Tao, who was ready to evade the attack. Chen steps in front of him just as the bolt was fired and he stretches his hand out in front of him and absorbs the lightning bolt and redirects it towards the machine. The machine explodes into pieces as the bolt collides. Tao steps out of Chen’s back and runs towards the second spider-like machine, sword held low to his side. Creeping up by its legs, which were almost as tall as him, he slices them in two and the machine falls over to its side. He back step’s away as Chanyeol sent a ball of fire at the machine.

 

“That was easy.” Chen says, preparing another ball of lightning for the Eye Pods.

 

“Where are those sick little buggers?” Chanyeol and Kris look around for the pods, but they weren’t there.

 

“They got away.” Tao says while sheathing his sword.

 

“You three. Watch your backs. I’ll fetch the other two and be back real quick.” Kris zooms off quickly, leaving a bit of a dust cloud behind him.

 

“Okay, guys, formation!” Chanyeol says out loud, jokingly doing a fighter pose.

 

Tao raises his eyebrow at the boy and sighs, putting his hand on the handle of his sword, ready to defend himself if more trouble came. He was expecting it.

 

[A/N]

 

Gah. Sorry for the VERY short chapter. I wrote this on a train and I got dizzy. @___@ I will continue this chapter later when I'm home. I hope you enjoy this mini-chapter. ^^ Much love <3