Secret Mission

Bring Me to Your Life

Having finished his homework, Kris stretched his body. It was already 11.35PM. Almost midnight. Suddenly, Kris felt hungry. Then, he decided to go to kitchen.

 

He opened the refrigerator and just found a cup of ramen. Actually, Kris wanted to eat something like bread but, he bet the mini market had been closed. And then, he cooked that ramen.

 

“Hungry in the midnight is the thing that I want to prevent forever. But, why does it come?” Kris mumbled to him self. Yes, it was the first time for him still waking up in the midnight.

 

Ramen had been served. It smelled so delicious. Every one who smelled that should be interested to taste that ramen.

 

Feeling bored, Kris turned the television on. Television shows in midnight were interesting enough but, Kris kept changing it by crushing the remote button. “Ah, I don’t like those!”

 

LET OUT THE BEAST!

 

That sound made Kris shocked. It was his handphone's ringtone. "Aish! Who the hell are you calling me up in the midnight!" Kris stood up and took his handphone. He saw who the caller was. A second later, he regretted since he called the caller with his uncontrolled-mumbling.

 

Kris took a breath slowly before talking. "Dad?"

 

"Kris? Are you still awake? I'm not disturbing you, right?"

 

How he missed this voice! "Yes, I'm fine, Dad. Really fine. How about Mom?"

 

"She misses you so much! She wants to fly to Korea but, we can't leave our job."

 

"Where's Mom, Dad?"

 

"She is sleeping now."

 

"So, what's the matter with you, Dad? Why are you calling me up in the midnight. Luckily, I haven't slept."

 

"It's been two months you are in Korea. Don't you forget about our first purpose before you left China, right?"

 

Kris really remembered about that. He nodded his head although he knew that his father wouldn't see him.

 

Kris closed his eyes slowly, taking a relaxation to answer his father's question. "Yes, I do."

 

***

To be continued