The Big Match

Bring Me to Your Life

Regarding to the previous week, all teachers gave the students a chance to do a big match between Kris and Su Ho. Firstly, the big match would be held at Monday. But as the teachers suggestion, the long-awaited-day was held in Sunday. Since today was Sunday, every one who wanted to see this match although not a student of this high school, could watch it easily.

 

***

 

08.47AM. Kris looked at his watch properly. It was probably one hour to go to the match. He was conscious one thing. It seemed like there was one of his spirit hadn't come.

 

"Ha Neul-ssi?" Kris poked Ha Neul's shoulder.

 

"Ah, yes?"

 

"Where is __ __?"

 

Ha Neul smiled with another meaning inside. "Maybe, she will come late. She doesn't tell me anything. Why are you asking her?"

 

"Eh? Eum...eum...no problem. I just eum...determine that all students in our class will support us today." Finally, Kris had a sentence that could be told to Ha Neul.

 

"Really?" Ha Neul's eyes expanded. She clicked and touched Kris's shoulder. "Don't get worry. She will support you. Although she isn't here, trust me! Actually, she is on your side."

 

I bet Ha Neul knows everything.

 

***

 

"KRIS!!! CHAN YEOL!!! SE HUN!!!"

 

"SU HO!!! KAI!!! LAY!!!"

 

The atmosphere was out of record. Firstly, all students predicted that the match wouldn't be held as interesting as now since it was decided to be held in Sunday. Usually, students used Sunday as their day to take a rest. But today, many students used their resting day to be wasted in this basketball stadium.

 

There was two sides of spectators. In the right was Su Ho's and in the left was Kris's. Everyone took their stuffs to support the team.

 

Actually, Su Ho's fame didn't decrease as significant as many students had predicted because of Kris's presence. Su Ho still had his charm to keep his fans around him.

 

"Shut up for a while, please!" The referee shouted to many spectators to give him a time for a while. "We will do a three-on-three game. The 3-B team consists Su Ho as captain, Kai, and Lay. And 3-C team consists Kris as captain, Chan Yeol, and Se Hun."

 

After introducing who the players were, spectators screamed vociferously to support their team. Before the game, all players gathered to make a promise that this game wouldn't make them as a rival but, became friends.

 

Where's she? Is she really sick?

 

"Kris?" Su Ho swayed his hand in front of Kris's face. "Are you worried about something?"

 

"Eh? Su Ho?" Kris seemed like losing his control. "No, no. I'm fine." He lied and gave Su Ho a little smile.

 

"Oh, okay." Su Ho put his hand on Kris's shoulder. "Be a good player, then. Focus on the game and don't take your attention to the spectators surrounding you. They will steal your concentration."

 

Kris didn't believe about words that had been heard from Su Ho. If his words could be trusted, it meant Su Ho didn't take this match seriously. Or, was there another Su Ho's purpose about this match? "You too." Kris answered politely.

 

"Okay, the game is begun! Three, two, one!!!"

 

Chan Yeol controlled the ball firstly. Without paying attention to all shouts around him, he brought the ball by breaking Su Ho's team and bingo! The first point for 3-C.

 

"CHAN YEOOOOOOLLLLL!!!"

 

The game was continued. None of all players wanted to give up. Either 3-B or 3-C, played as well. Se Hun, Kai, Lay, and Chan Yeol played really well but, the spectators's direction was meant to Su Ho and Kris generally since they had position as captain.

 

The referee blew the whistle with a long sound. It was meant that the first game must be ended up. "The first game is held by 3-C with 38. But, there is no any difference since 3-B collected 36 points. What a fierce match!"

 

Both of them went to take a rest for five minutes. "Kris, what's happening? I saw you didn't concentrate on the game at all. Are you sick?" Chan Yeol was worried about Kris. Kris didn't play basketball as good as he did usually.

 

Kris drank his water. My mind is divided becoming two. I'm struggling for this game and I'm worried about her! "Really? I think Su Ho's team attack is more dangerous than usual."

 

"We can pass this with awesome points!" Se Hun convinced Chan Yeol and Kris. Unconsciously, the whistle sound was heard. The second game was begun.

 

"Three, two, one!"

 

Kris decided to let his strength out over the second game. For first five points, he could handle the game better than before. Either did Su Ho. He also didn't want to be defeated by Kris.

 

"Se Hun! Give it to..." Kris's words were cut. He stopped immediately and saw a weird scenery among Su Ho's spectators. There was a person who dressed like a fool. That person wore hat and mask like Kakashi. That person brought a big carton on which written 'Su Ho' in very big size.

 

Kris felt curious. Any seconds then, he recognized something. That person brought a bag which was familiar for him. A green shawl bag. Kris wasn't blind or something like he could forget the detail of someone quickly. Is there __ __?

 

"Kris!!!"

 

Suddenly, Kris forgot about the game. He didn't hear Se Hun's voice. And BRUK! The accident was coming. Se Hun ball's pitch, struck Kris's head and then Kris fell.

 

Referee blew the whistle again. The game was stopped for a while. The spectators and also the players became shocked about Kris's accident.

 

"Kris! Kris!" Chan Yeol shook Kris's shoulder and washed his face with water. But it didn't work. "Kris faints!!" Chan Yeol shouted loudly.

 

***

To be continued