Waiting for Him

A Dorky Love

 

Eunhyuk parks his car. He goes to the inside of the house. The person who waits for him is a middle-aged woman. He is expecting for her appearance.  He asks her what is wrong.

 

“What’s wrong?” Eunhyuk negligently asked.

“Tiffany, she is back to normal again.”

“What?”

“I don’t know but she is well already. She is talking to me just like before. Maybe, her trauma is cured.  She wants to see you badly.” Tiffany’s mom is hysterical.

“Then, can I go to her room?”

“Ah, of course.  Let’s go.”

 

                The room is well-lit. The atmosphere is also bright and well. Eunhyuk saw Tiffany watering a flower pot she kept on her room. She is smiling brightly just like before. Eunhyuk couldn’t believe how well she is right now unlike last year. She is doing a great job of tending the plant. Her mother calls her over. She is happy to see Eunhyuk again. She is happy to see her ex-boyfriend again.

 

“Hyukjae!” Tiffany calls him.

“Oh.” The hesitant Eunhyuk replied.

“Why are you like that? You look so skinny.” Tiffany commented.

“Really? Well, this is stress.”

“Can we dance together again?” Those words shocked Tiffany’s mom.

“Of course.” Eunhyuk said sadly.

 

                They exited the room. Tiffany remained inside to rest. The two are puzzled. Her mom suggested for Eunhyuk to not mention anything about the past year.

 

“She seems to be oblivious about it.”

“Is it alright to come again?”

“Of course. She needs you.”

“I’m really sorry.”

“You are not to be blamed. You didn’t do anything bad.”

“I have to go now.”

“She…she will attend classes again.”

“Then, I will take care of her.” Eunhyuk’s expression is that of sad and gloomy.

 

                Hyoyeon is waiting for his return.  She is kind of worried. As Eunhyuk arrived, she came running to his direction. Eunhyuk is shocked to her appearance. Hyoyeon asks if he is fine but he didn’t reply. “He is on his own again.” Hyoyeon commented. She still follows him up to the inside. But, Eunhyuk didn’t respond to her trying to have a conversation. He locked himself inside.

 

-Eunhyuk’s POV-

                Before, Tiffany is so bright. She is like my mother so I came to like her. She is so pretty. I thought that I couldn’t succeed at confessing but we went out. It was fine. We are like the happiest couple in the world. Not until, me and her auditioned as partners on a dancing competition. She received too much attention and pressure. Even if she dances pretty well, she couldn’t match up with me. She was never noticed if she came in solo. She was a shadow of me.  The pressure she felt at that time devoured her. She changed. Up to now, I couldn’t remember the horrible happening that is laid on my sight. It was a tremendous incident that made me to stop showing of dance performances. Even my fans were disappointed due to my disappearance.  She loved me before but she came to hate me. After that incident, I tried to run away from her. I left the girl I loved all alone because of my fear. I left her when she needed me the most.