I Am Still Your Son

A Dorky Love

Sungmin got dismayed with Eunhyuk's story. He knew that he was telling the truth but to see things as it was now, he thought, "He really is on a disaster." Eunhyuk got a phone call from his father but he turned it off. Sungmin asked who the caller was and Eunhyuk just uttered, "Go..and meet him... Maybe he would calm down if you could just visit him."

 

Again, Sungmin was lost in thought. He mailed his father to ask what he should do. He got the reply, "Son. Everything will be fine if you talk this out with him. After all, you are his son.^^" Sungmin pulled a face and asked Eunhyuk, "Would you come with me?" Eunhyuk was looking at Sungmin's phone but as Sungmin asked him for a favor, his face turned blue out of a sudden.

 

"Are you kidding me? He has a bad temper. So, let me out of this." Eunhyuk got another call from someone. "Who is this? His number was not in my contact list." Sungmin just looked at him. His expression changed as he said, "Fine. I'll go. I'll just meet up with you if things are going easy." Sungmin turned his back and got on a bus. 

 

"Hello... Who is this?" Eunhyuk answered the call. "I am Choi Hyungseok , a teacher from the performing arts school that sent you a full scholarship." Eunhyuk twitched his eyebrows. "What? What is it then, Mr. Choi?" Eunhyuk was surprised that the professor came from a late flight just to talk to his family. But, he got nervous because he was coming to his house. "Oh...to my house?" The caller affirmed that he'd be going. "But, can we just meet on..." But, the caller seemed to be having a hard time and said, "Please...I'm just getting jet-lagged right now and I'm near your house." Eunhyuk doesn't have a choice. "Fine then. I'm out so please take your time until I get there." Eunhyuk ended the call.

 

Sungmin arrived first to the mansion. A nice maid asked her, "Excuse me, Sir. What are you doing here?"

 

"Ah...I want to talk to the owner of this house."

The maid had a worried look on his face. "Ah...But, Master is currently in the hospital. He had a heart attack this yesterday morning. The Mistress and the young lady went to give him a visit. Currently, only us and the butler is present."

 

Sungmin's face sweated like crazy. "Where is the hospital?"

 

"Ah...sorry..But, we couldn't say it."

 

"Please....please...I need to talk to him before anything could happen."

 

The maid so how scared and nervous he was. She gave the hospital name and what room he was.

 

"Kamsahamnida."

 

Sungmin ran out of the mansion again. He was surprised that no matter how he wanted to go there faster, the mansion was too big to run around there. The gardener gave him a ride. "Oh...young man....hop in."

 

Sungmin doesn't have a choice and got in. "Young man. You look like the owner of this house years ago." The gardener jested.

 

"Excuse me, but, I want to go here."

 

"Wae? Are you a relative of the master?"

 

"Ah...you could say it like that."

 

After what he all learned about the Lee family, Sungmin was in deep thoughts. What if he couldn' t make it or it was already too late to say the truth? He was also worried about everything especially to how he got romantic feelings for Hyoyeon. He could laugh at himself right now. 

 

He arrived at the hospital. He saw Hyoyeon and her mother who were very nervous. They sat quietly on the seats outside of his father's.

 

"Is he alright?" He asked Hyoyeon.

 

"Sungmin-oppa, why are you here?" 

 

"Ah...I want to talk to Mr.---"

 

"But, he doesn't want any visitors. He asked us to go out. But, what's with that photo?"

 

"Photo? What is it about?"

 

"I don't know." Hyoyeon semmed worried but Sungmin laughed at her cute pouting.

 

"I'd go inside." 

 

"Why?"

 

"Just trust me, kay?" Hyoyeon was confounded with his behavior.

 

Sungmin entered the room. He saw his father who blankly looked at the picture. Mr. Lee noticed him. The old man got stunned.

 

"Ah..Hello, Sir."

 

"You---" Mr. Lee got on his feet and tried to stand.  But, Sungmin got worried to his condition and asked, "Is it alright?"

 

"You, you are my first born, right?"

 

"Huh? You must've known about me." Sungmin was kind of happy that his father knew of his existence.

 

"If only I had been careful, this couldn't have happened. I'm sorry, I should have adopted you from years ago."

 

"It is alright. My father loved me."

 

"I see... You have grown into a fine man. If only your mother sees you, she'd be..."

 

"But...you are the reason why she died." After saying those, his father looked at him with fierce eyes, "What are you talking about? She died because of brain cancer." Sungmin's eyes got bigger, "Cancer?"

 

"Oh...sorry, it was a slip of tounge. Please, sit here. I couldn't stand."

 

"She didn't tell us."

 

"Of course. I just knew it on her death bed. She died and your father only knew about it later than I. He thought that it was my fault and cussed me."

 

"So...It was only a misunderstanding. I had even thought of getting revenge."

 

"I'm sorry. But, I also don't have enough time to live. I called my lawyer and I divided my inheritance between the two of you. I asked Mrs. Kim to take care of you if I'm not around."

 

"What about Eunhyuk?"

 

His father clenched his fist upon  the mention of his name. "He tried to scam me, that bastard!"

 

"My father always said to me that, "Parents are not just biological persons who gave birth to you. You could call a person as your parent if her showered you with love and concern. My father thought me also that, I wasn't enough that you could see him growing fine an all. He added that a father should take care of his son  because a son always looked on his father's back. I think you should not say that to your son. He also doesn't know that you are here."

 

Mr. Lee was in deep thoughts. "He has a father of his own. He was not of my flesh."

 

"You should not say that. If your time would be over, then you should hang out with him since he would go overseas to study on a performing arts school. You wouldn't be able to see your son anymore. Would it be fine?"

 

"I want to spend time with you, not him."

 

"Are you sure that you really wanted to brush him aside? He lost... his mother on his birthday party. Where were you at that time, he was crying? Did you lift him high and smiled for him? Or, did you cry by yourself while entertaining the visitors who came to the funeral?"

 

"Did you come just for you to say these things? Don't you want your inheritance?"

 

"No...I just wanted to see you, but I am still my father's son. And he is still your son."

 

"I don't understand. But, Eunhyuk is the one at fault when my wife died."

 

"So...you let him get tormented up till now. To be carrying that guilt, you wanted him to self-destruct? You are an awful person but many awful people tend to be kind with their kin. You really wanted to be a bad father?"

 

All of a sudden, Eunhyuk came. His feet were giving away and his breathing was slow. He sweated all over.

 

"Abuji, are you alright?"

 

"You..why are you here? I even called the professor yesterday so that he could talk with you today but why are you here?"

 

Eunhyuk was down on his knees. "Abuji, I'm really sorry." Suddenly, Mr. Lee got on his feet and had forced his feet to stand. He kneeled down to Eunhyuk's level and comforted his son. "It is alright. You don't have to hold it in. Abuji..will...will be here. "Sungmin smiled to see them.