Unintentional Revenge

A Dorky Love

 

“FLASHBACKS ON WHAT HAPPENED IN SUNGMIN’S HOUSE”

 

 

-SUNGMIN’S POV-

                Getting to dance with the girl I love is just like a dream come true. I have to make her fall in love with me. Hyoyeon has been my childhood friend ever since we’re in junior high. She always plays along as the princess on theatre performances but she always hates it because she wants to act as a supporting character. Even if she is pretty and nice, she has a boyish attitude so no boys could get close to her excluding me though.

 

-End of POV-

 

                Suddenly, Sungmin’s father came in.  Sungmin greeted him with a glee. His father is roughly haggard-looking but always has this strange smile that he always shows to him. He is a hardworking father and a kind one.  Sungmin’s mother died due to depression and left him with his father. He and his father had gone through rough times and struggles. His father’s misery of her deceased mom left him with tears running down on his face.

 

“Sungmin, come here.” His father lightly waved his hand for Sungmin to go to the dining table.

 

“What is it, father?” Sungmin kindly asked his father.

 

“I want to tell you something. Please, sit down.” Sungmin’s father said and the two of them sat down the chair.

 

I have been very happy that you have graduated successfully to that foreign school. You have attained very good marks to all of your subjects. But, why did you come back?  It’s alright if dancing is your passion. Are you worrying about me?” Sungmin’s father asked him with those pitiful and teary eyes.

 

“No, father. I’ve wanted someone to sponsor me with my career and I’ve found one. They helped me with many things especially on lending me the restaurant for a night.” Sungmin’s honest statement made his father curious.

 

“How is it with Hyoyeon?” Sungmin’s father asked him what Sungmin wanted him to know.

 

“She… she will be my girlfriend soon. I know that it could all work out.” Sungmin said as he watched his father with a smile on his face.

 

“Good for you. But, now, I have to tell you the secret that your mother kept inside her heart.”

 

Sungmin’s reaction is that of surprise and uneasiness. “You know Mr. Lee, right? He is the son of a company president.” Sungmin’s father had mentioned Eunhyuk’s father in front of Sungmin. 

 

“How could I not know him? He is my dongsaeng’s father.” He replied with absolute sureness.

 

“Look at this picture. Do you know that woman?”

 

Sungmin’s father showed him a picture of Mr. Lee and his mom.

 

"He met her on a pub and that’s what happened.At that time, I was married already with her and I couldn’t give her a child. She drank all night and all I could remember was her crying on my embrace. I thought of killing that man but I couldn’t when I got to know that she was pregnant. I was happy deep inside. She was also happy so I didn’t give it any thought. I also wanted to be a father so it is a wish coming true.  Until, she gave birth to you. She raised you until that happened. He met your mom on a nearby park. He was with his wife. She was devastated when she came in and asked him if he knows her. But all he could say was NO; I know that he denied it because he is in front of his wife and son.  Your mother got depressed and that’s how her life ended."

 

Sungmin rise to his chair and said, “He…he killed my mom! “ Sungmin’s voice echoed throughout their house.  His face turned red with anger as he exited their house.

 

“Where are you going, Sungmin?!” His father asked but he didn’t even glance at him. He drank on a club and eased his mind.

 

=Sungmin’s POV=

All of my life was a lie.

My father is him? So, he’s my real dongsaeng? He’s also my rival.

I’ve got to get revenge. I’ll make their family feel the wrath of my anger.