The University

A Dorky Love

 

-University-

 

“Hi. I’m Kim Hyoyeon. Good morning, everyone.”

“Please take your seat.”

“Yes, ma’am. Oh? I’ll sit there.”

Everyone in the room especially the guys looked at where she will be sitting. She sits down and looked at her seatmate, Eunhyuk. She is not able to greet him because Eunhyuk quietly sleeps inside the classroom. Hyoyeon also remembers the recent incident about them.

 

“Hi! So, you’re new. I’m Sunny.” The girl beside her on the left side tried to shake her hand.

“Ah, hi.”  Hyoyeon is kind of puzzled with the strangeness of the girl.

“Hey, monkey!” Hyoyeon tries to get Eunhyuk’s attention.

“Tsk. Why?” Eunhyuk is awakened by her call.

“Wow! So, you do respond.” Eunhyuk looked embarrassed after she said those words.

 

 

-Cafeteria-

                Hyoyeon is alone drinking orange juice and eating pasta. Sunny comes in and sits on the same table with her. Sunny is a talkative person and when she talks no one could ever stop her. She is friendly, bubbly and most of all; she’s popular with the boys.

 

“Hi again.” Sunny giggled.

“What’s up?” Hyoyeon cannot stop from questioning.

“Mnmm.. I’m just wandering what’s your relationship with Hyukkie?”

“Hyukkie? Ah, that person. I just know him. Why?”

“Well, I just have a small problem with him.”

“What?”

“He doesn’t fall for me.”

“What? Is that a problem?”

“Well, everyone calls him a black sheep. He does not communicate very well with other guys. But surprisingly, he’s popular with the girls.”

“Oh, I think he gives of that playboy vibes.”

“I’m starting to think of what he thinks about me.”

“Can you ask him, please?” Sunny showed an aegyo to her.

“Waahh, cute! But, sorry we’re not close. Bye.” Hyoyeon bid goodbye.

“Ah, wait up!”

 

-Library-

                Hyoyeon tries to study in advance. She needs to get higher grades to avail the scholarship. She doesn’t want her mom to use the kind old man she’s gonna marry. She feels pity with the father and son. Out of the blue, a man comes and joins him on the desk.

 

“Hey, Fiona!” Eunhyuk says this to the busy Hyoyeon.

“F-I-O-N-A! You mean the one in the movies?”

“Yeah, you’re like her.”

“You monkey.” Hyoyeon cannot let her voice be heard by everybody in the library.

“By the way, do not tell everyone about our relation. Especially Sunny.”

“Why? She looks nice.”

“She keeps on pestering me.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know. Just be quiet about it.”

“Hmm… Then, I won’t care.”

“Yeah, don’t! What are you reading?”

“Some books to help me study.”

“Wow! You’re something.”

 

                They had a long conversation. They went to separate cars and headed home. They never talked again after that. In Hyoyeon’s bag, she saw the flier about the dancing competition.

 

“I want to be partners with him. Aigoo… Why’s he so hard to understand?”

 

-Lees’ Mansion-

 

Hyoyeon suddenly heard her phone rang.

 

“Ah, hello, who’s this?” Hyoyeon doesn’t know whose number it is.

“You already forgot about me.” Hyoyeon finally recognizes the voice.

“Oppa? Sungminnie-oppa?”

“Yes. I’m going back to Korea.”

“Really? When? I’ll wait for your return in the airport. I'm willing to fetch you.”

“Ah.. maybe after a week. I guess.”

“Oppa!” Hyoyeon  could not believe that it is her childhood friend who called her.

“Hmmm?”

“I missed you.”

“Yeah, I missed you, too.”

“Let’s see each other after a week.” They both replied the same. Sungmin hung up first.