Rejected Love

A Dorky Love

 

“Did I arrive at the right time?” Hyoyeon asked herself as she goes to the restaurant where she is meeting Sungmin.  It has been a while since they have seen each other. Due to the call, they have never opened up a conversation since then.

Hyoyeon rides the elevator and goes to the fifth floor where they are about to dine. Sungmin who waits for her anxiously is looking at his watch. He is about to confess his feelings to the girl she loves. He begins to be nervous.

 

“Oh, oppa!” Hyoyeon called him out. He looks at her way and invites her to join the table. It is hard for him to speak up due to nervousness. He smiles at her shyly. Hyoyeon greets him with a smiling face.

 

Hyoyeon becomes aware of the atmosphere. There is nobody beside them.  She asks Sungmin about it.

 

“I rented this floor. I got in touch of my father and I borrowed money. Haha.” Sungmin smiles again.

 

“Mnmm, Eunhyuk-ssi wants to send his regards to you.”

 

Hyoyeon begins to talk. Sungmin is shock because of Hyoyeon mentioning his name again.

 

“Really? Ah, Hyoyeon---“ Sungmin is not finished with what he is about to say when, “Waahh! This place is nice” Hyoyeon interrupted.Sungmin feels hopeless.

 

                “I want to say something to you that’s why I invited you here.” Sungmin begins to tell what he is about to say. Hyoyeon listens patiently.

 

“Ever since we are young, I’ve always been playing with you. I’ve always been helping you to your studies and I’m really thankful that we became close.” Hyoyeon nods as she hears those words.

 

“You were really popular with the boys. They always took care of you like a little sister. So, there are many who confessed your feelings to you.” Hyoyeon couldn’t get the point of him saying this to her.

 

“Oppa, what do you really want to say?” Sungmin begins to talk directly.

 

                “There is this young boy who couldn’t get through his feelings to you. He likes you and is always beside you. Now, he wants to be someone you could depend on. And, that person is me. Hyoyeon, can you go out with me?”

 

Hyoyeon cannot explain what she is feeling. There are mixed emotions that her eyes are showing.  “Don’t worry. I’ll give you time to think about this.” Hyoyeon is speechless.

 

She cannot say anything to the man in front of her. “You could reject me if you want but only if you found someone you like. This is also an experience so why don’t you give it a thought?” Sungmin continues to convince her.

 

“Oppa, right now, I don’t know but somehow I’m slowly getting attached to that person. I don’t know if it is just an attachment or if it is… love already. But, I think that I should… know my feelings for that person first before…” Hyoyeon cannot continue to talk.

 

“Before you could reject me?” Sungmin continued the words he anticipated to be heard from her.

 

                “Is it Eunhyuk?” Hyoyeon is again shocked that Sungmin guessed the man is talking of. “Is it obvious?”  Hyoyeon didn’t deny them.

 

“Really, more than obvious, it is a little showy. Why do you like him? Is there anything that he has that I don’t?” Hyoyeon tries to calm down Sungmin.  

 

Hyoyeon’s phone rang and it is her mother looking for her.  She responds that she will go home a little late.  

“I think you should go home for now.” Hyoyeon asks if it is fine for him to be alone. He responded that it is alright. Hyoyeon bid goodbye and walks away. Sungmin who remained cries as he is obviously rejected by his first love.

 

Hello everyone! I tried to change my style of writing to put more emphasis to their actions. I'll update real soon. Thank you...:))