Ulterior Motive

A Dorky Love

Riding the airplane, Eunhyuk sat back on his chair after going to the restroom to wipe his tears.

Near the window, there was Jina, beside her was his seat next to Tiffany’s.

Flipping through the CANDY magazine she bought back in Korea, Tiffany stared at Eunhyuk but she didn’t seem to care.

“Did you cry?” Tiffany gave a curious question that made Eunhyuk to glance back at her.

“No way. I wouldn’t.” Eunhyuk looked back at her again and let out his tablet on his bag.

“But, your face is swollen.”

Suddenly, Jina snored and was talking to her dreams that made Hyukjae and Fany to chuckle. Eunhyuk put a blanket on the sleeping Jina who hugged him back.

Eunhyuk was surprised yet he just grabbed her arms to put it on the side.

“She likes you.” Tiffany commented. Eunhyuk was just smiling while staring at Jina.

“I know but she is just a dongsaeng for me.”

“It doesn’t look like that to her. Because of her, you are not able to give the video message.”

“Yeah, I was going to explain to Hyoyeon everything yet I don’t know why she became like that.”

“You better ask Jina. She is good at acting.”

“I don’t know anymore. Maybe, I should give Hyoyeon a space for a while. I want her to forget about me momentarily and concentrate about her life.”

“Is that what you wanted?” Tiffany put the magazine down and took out her cellphone. “You rushed to Korea just to go after her… it was undeniably a bold move but it didn’t move her.”

“Hmmmm…I don’t know I’m going to sleep.” Tiffany just smiled back.

Tiffany took out her laptop and started typing a few lines for a script. She was going to ask Jina how it would go. Maybe I could know where the real parcel is and give it to Hyoyeon.

“Mnmmm…” Jina stretched both of her hands. Tiffany just looked at her.

“Oh..morning, oppa.” Jina smiled and poked Eunhyuk’s nose as she tried to look at him.

“Stop it. You’re disturbing him.” Tiffany was very strict to Jina.

“Unnie, I really want the two of you to be together. Oppa and Unnie looked more suitable together than that girl and oppa.

“They have gone through a lot. Look at this script.” Tiffany passed the laptop to the hesitant Jina.

In there, in that script, is what she planned to destroy the couple. Jina’s jaw dropped and looked at her Unnie who was very confident.

“How’d you find out?” Jina was glaring at Tiffany.

“It is too bad that I know a lot about you. Please, refrain from minding other’s business.”

“Unnie!!!! Don’t you like oppa? You really liked him, then why? I’m helping you?”

“Jina-yah!!! We’re here on a public transport. Your voice would make you known.” Tiffany controlled her from shouting. Jina gave back the laptop. “So, where’s the real package?”

“I don’t know.” Suddenly, Eunhyuk was while sleeping. He was tired and all of what he kept mumbling was the name of the only girl he loves.

“Hyoyeon-ah!!! Don’t leave me…. I..I’m sorry.” Suddenly, tears came rushing in. Tiffany tried to wipe them from him with a sad and regretful expression. Jina was watching her all this time.

“Unnie…oppa…oppa is suffering because of her.” Jina just wanted to believe what she wanted to believe. She doesn’t care about Eunhyuk’s feelings.

“Jina, you don’t know what they’ve gone through. Please, just sympathize with him. And, unnie could take care of herself.”

“Wae? The two of you look so perfect.”

-Back in Korea-

Sunny came to visit Hyoyeon in bed. She was already discharged from the hospital.

“Here, Hyoyeon-ah, flowers.” Hyoyeon was just blankly staring on the wall.

Sunny sat on her bed side and started talking. “I heard everything from Sungmin-oppa, are you alright?”

Hyoyeon just tilted her head to see her. “No problem.”

“You looked remorseful. Are you really recovering?”

Suddenly, tears came flowing from Hyoyeon’s eyes. She tried to wipe them but they still came. She tried to cover for Sunny to not see her graving.

“It’s alright.” Sunny tried to hug her.

“Hyukjae-ah…he…he came……yet I…I pushed him away because of my stupid pride. I was not even able to touch him… I even said how regretful I am for our memories. It…it was not my intention…it was because of the video message…I…even said that he was cheap.”

“It’s okay. Let it all out.” Sunny patted her at the back while still hugging her.

“Sungmin-oppa will be going to England to talk to him.”

“What?” Hyoyeon’s eyes widened . “But, why?”

“Of course. He’s your brother.”

“Sunny-ssi, sorry. You should have been preparing for your engagement.”

“It’s alright. We wouldn’t continue it if there are problems.”

“Sorry for burdening the two of you.”

“It was because of you that we’ve met. Oh, wait, here a photo album.”

“What is this?” Sunny handed the album to the confused Hyoyeon.

There, their memories were scattered. All of the pictures of the invincible youth, pictures of them smiling in the camera. Hyukjae’s and Hyoyeon’s pictures of nagging each other.

“I’ve been secretly collecting them to put it on a time capsule.”

Hyoyeon was just flipping through the pages. It was never regret for me to love you. At the back of her mind, she kept apologizing that she slipped the chance for a reunion.

“By the way, Hyoyeon-ah, Sungmin-oppa, will be investigating about Jina.”

“Jina?” Hyoyeon’s expression was reverted to a sad one. “They were a happy couple. He and Jina.”

“No way. I’ve heard from Sungmin oppa that that Jina wanted Tiffany and Hyukjae to be together.”

“WHAT?!” Hyoyeon’s jaw dropped after Sunny revealed it to him.

 

 

Annyeong! Another successful update.

Enjoy!