Going Steady

A Dorky Love

Sungmin drunk the same night that they came back to Seoul. He sank himself on his chair with the bottle of soju on his hand. He drunk and drunk like a crazy man. 

 

He got a call from Sunny but he didn't give it a second thought. He ignored many of her calls until Sunny came in his house.

 

It was a rainy day.

 

"How could you be that miserable?!" Sunny who ran in the rain was soaked wet. 

 

"Why are you here?" Sungmin saw her and was surprised to see how cold she was.

 

He handed him a towel like a gentleman. He offered her a hot cocoa drink to warm her. 

 

"How'd you know my address?  Did Hyoyeon give it to you?"

 

"Mnm.. Yeah. I am worried about you so I decided to visit you. I didn't know how you could be like that."

 

"I need to sober. Can I take a shower?"

 

"Huh? Yeah. I will wait for you. I want the two of us to talk."

 

"Don't you feel danger in this place? To barge in to a man's house is already something any girl won't do."

 

"I know that you won't do anything to me." After she said that, Sungmin lightly smiled. He thought how she was sure of it.  He saw how strong her resolve is.

 

"Suit yourself then."

 

As Sungmin entered the bath, Sunny cannot sit still. She sang a song to calm herself.

 

Give it to me love baby I love you
Give it to me love baby I need you
Give it to me love baby I want you
There is only one thing I want
I want to live in your embrace forever

My heart goes thump when I think of you
My lips smile when you talk to me
I feel a twinge of electricity when I touch your hand
I think I've become what I've always been dreaming of

My eyes sparkle when you call me
My head gets dizzy when I hear your voice
I get tears in my eyes when we part
I think I've become a fool

The one person I miss every day
The one person I want every day
Hold me, tell me
That you feel the same way I do
(SNSD's Sunny- Your Doll)

 

Sungmin heard her voice. He was laughing at the shower room. He felt bad after how he had rejected such a pure girl.

 

He got out. He dressed himself comfortably. He was not yet sobering up but decided to listen to Sunny.  He sees Sunny doing some kind of weird choreography. He laughed a lot while seeing her.

 

"She's cute." Sungmin commented. He sat on the couch opposite of Sunny. Sunny was startled and decided to sit on the couch.

 

"I want to talk about Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk-oppa's relationship."

 

"I know. I guess I'm kind of jealous between the two. "

 

"Ah... But my---" Sungmin interrupted her.

 

"Well... I want to give up and start anew. I don't want to get depressed about these things. These don't suit me."

 

"My feelings for you won't change. EVEN IF YOU WON'T BE LIKING ME NOW." Sunny wanted Sungmin to hear her feelings and she shouted out loud. She started to cry hopeless tears. Tears of loneliness and bitterness. Sungmin wanted to say encouragement to her but just patted her back.

 

"If you want to... we could be friends from now. I want to see if I could move on from her. Can you help me?"

 

"Huh?" Sunny tried to wipe her tears. Even if they were just words out of concern, she had a glimpse of hope. She smiled unknowingly.

 

Sungmin just stared at her. He wanted to know how what her real feelings are.

 

"Yes. I'll try."

 

"And please do not do the weird choreography  alone, huh? You look like a fool."

 

"Tsk. Then, I'd be seeing you tomorrow."

 

"Ah, wait..." Sungmin pulled her and embraced her. "Thank you for liking me."

 

Sunny just looked naive on her embrace. She was nervous but deep inside she like it.

 

Sungmin escorted her and Sunny thanked her for the hospitality. Sungmin lent her an umbrella and hailed a taxi. He threatened the driver to bring her home safely. 

 

"Sorry, Sunny. I'm such a fool."

 

The two of them met in the university. They were giving each other chessy smiles that everyone shook their heads when they see them.

 

"Hyoyeon, I have something to say to you." Sungmin asked Hyoyeon to come at her for a minute.

 

"We're going to register for the dance competition, right? Can you just register the two of you?"

 

"Why? Why are you backing out."

 

"I want the two of you to be together, of course as a sign of friendship. Oh, please fake that I had a sprain, huh?"

 

"What's with you?" Hyoyeon was confused. She saw Eunhyuk waving and calling at her. She told her the situation and the two gladly registered. 

 

Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon practiced for the tomorrow. Good thing that Eunhyuk's the one who choreographed the steps that it won't be hard to learn for him.

 

Meanwhile, Tiffany's mother said her proposal to Tiffany and Tiffany just smiled saying, "I want to take revenge on my own, mom. Please just support me."

 

Tiffany's mother was startled with the change of her tone again.

 

"What are you really planning?"

 

"Mom... If you love someone, you could change not only for the better but also for the worse."