Together

A Dorky Love

 

Sungmin and Eunhyuk were in the clinic. They were guarding the sleeping Hyoyeon on her bed. She seemed to sleep peacefully.

 

“Ah… Thank God I found her. I was worried sick.” Eunhyuk started to talk with the spacing out Sungmin.

 

“You’re the reason why she ended up like that.”

 

“Yeah. I guess.”

 

The two of them just exchanged glances and talked for a while. They don’t have any topic to even converse at. They were becoming more of enemies than brothers.

 

“The truth is ‘she’ confessed to me.”

 

“Really? She did that already when she said that she would give my proposal a go.”

 

“That is why, I want to say that….”

 

“What?”

 

“She thought that I am Sungmin-ssi. She must’ve thought that you would come instead of me.”

 

“What are you trying to imply?”

 

“I want you to pretend that it did happen but between the two of you.”

 

“You’re really clearing yourself out of this. Do you really hate her that much?”

 

“Not like that.”

 

Sungmin looked at Eunhyuk.  With his thoughts all on Hyoyeon, Sungmin slightly smirked. He must have known that Eunhyuk saying that was out of love and concern. But, Sungmin couldn’t do anything. He couldn’t even say that they were brothers nor could he say that he wanted to get revenge on his father.

 

“What about Sunny, Sungmin-ssi?”

 

“She’s a sweet girl. But, I don’t like her. She is just a friend for me. I must have been harsh to her saying that I won’t be able to like her. I thought of apologizing to her during the treasure hunting but she said that she doesn’t mind it.”

 

“Hmm.. Really? Ahh…. I don’t want her to hate me. I want her to be happy. Sungmin-ssi, please take care of her. She has dreams I don’t want her to end up just like Tiffany. Not her."

 

Out of the blue, Hyoyeon got up. She grabbed Eunhyuk by his collar. She slapped him. Eunhyuk gasped and looked at Hyoyeon’s facial expression.

 

“What are you doi---“? Eunhyuk asked but as he saw her tears she stopped.

 

“You don’t want me to hate you…” Her tears slowly dripped on her t-shirt.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“You… you always think about yourself. You… you… always take care of her. What about me? What about me… who is… hopelessly…hopelessly FALLING IN LOVE WITH YOU?!”

 

“Hyoyeon-ah…”

 

Hyoyeon let go of Eunhyuk and ran faster than she could.  The truth was she heard about their conversation and just pretended to be sleeping. She was chased by Eunhyuk.

 

“Hyoyeon, listen to me…”

 

“No… I don’t want to even here your petty apology.”

 

The two of them are nearing the shore. On Tiffany’s rest house, besides the forest and the resort, they are near at the sea.

“Hey, can you stop running? Are you recording Running Man right now?”

 

“I don’t… care I’m fast.”

 

“But, you only got out of bed.”

 

“I said I don’t care.”

 

After a while, Eunhyuk slowly caught up with Hyoyeon. He held Hyoyeon’s wrist unabling Hyoyeon to shove her away. He then hugged Hyoyeon.

 

“What’re you doing?”

 

“Sorry that I am selfish and immature. Sorry that I couldn’t even protect you as much as Sungmin could. Sorry if I am a failure. But, I want to ask you---“

 

“What are you saying?”

 

“Can you be my girlfriend?”

 

“You… you’re babo.”

 

Tiffany and the others were out looking for them. They saw the two of them holding hands with each other. Tiffany slowly caught up with the situation. She let the two couples to get inside of the villa. But, slowly, she slowly fell unconscious. Good thing her loyal butler is there to the rescue.