A Fateful Encounter

A Dorky Love

 

Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon arrive home. They both feel exhausted and weary due to the upcoming tests. They sit down in the sofa and calm themselves with the prepared lemonade they are served with.

“Ah…it sure is hard.” Hyoyeon sighed.

 

“Yeah… What a day.” Eunhyuk said as he sighed. 

 

After a while, they heard loud noises and people quarrelling with each other.

 

 “You…you just want to marry me because of money?” Eunhyuk’s father asked.

 

“Yes. Why, huh? Do you think I’d be interested in you again just like the old days?” Hyoyeon’s mother answered back.

 

“Why are you bring that up now?! “ Eunhyuk’s father shouts.

 

“You are the one who left me and now you’re asking why I married you. Yeah, it’s for revenge. You haven’t even recognized me one bit when we saw each other at the hotel. “ Hyo’s mother exclaimed.  

 

“I recognized you but I thought that it is another person.  But, it was just an arranged engagement made by our families. Also, you know that we don’t love each other back then. “ Eunhyuk’s father explains his side.

 

“Yeah, because you loved my best friend, you don’t even know my feelings. “

 

Their fight is getting more and more complicated. They decided to leave the mansion to cool themselves. Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk are shocked to hear their quarrel. It means that it is neither an accident nor a coincidence of their meeting.

 

 “What should we do now?” Hyoyeon asks Eunhyuk.

 

“Let’s just let them for now. Well, they could be quarrelling but I think they like each other before.” Eunhyuk explained his thoughts.

 

“Do you think so? I think your father loves your mother even now. You know, it is hard to know even your real feelings."

 

"Sometimes, you say that you cannot forget your first love and yet you are slowly falling in love with  another.” Eunhyuk, without realizing it, is explaining his own case. 

 

“What are you talking about?” Hyoyeon asked and Eunhyuk comprehended with what he is talking about.

 

“Hmmm… do you know about their past relationship?” Hyoyeon curiously asked him.

 

“More than I know, I’ve found it out.”

 

“Where?” Hyoyeon asked him.

 

“In my mother’s room, there you could find the truth.” Hyoyeon wants to go there but Eunhyuk stopped her.  

 

He grasped her hands tightly and said, “It is not time yet.”

 

Hyoyeon cannot understand what “time” he is talking about.  “Fine, then. I’ll just go to sleep for a while. “

 

Hyoyeon pretended to go to sleep but is going to Eunhyuk’s mother’s room. But, the room is locked. The key is with Eunhyuk. He must have known that she will be going there by herself.

“Ah? I want to know the truth.” Hyoyeon sits down and thinks deeply.

 

                Meanwhile at Sungmin’s house

 

 “So, you are not my real father?” Sungmin is shocked that he is not his father’s son. His father explained to him that he is in fact Mr. Lee’s son.

 

“I’m sorry but you’re mother had you even after we got married. She had met Mr. Lee on a night club that’s when it happened. “

 

Sungmin smiled hopelessly. “So, my rival is also my brother?”