After All These Times

A Dorky Love

The day had come right after the concert. Eunhyuk never had any sleep. He was going insane, about everything that had transpired. He felt that he needed a nice cup of coffee and tried to go to the balcony and witness the sun rising from the east. He heaved a deep sigh and tried sip the coffee.

“Bleeh…This is so bad. I want hot choco…argghh.” Though the coffee wasn’t that stimulating, he still endured the bitter taste of it. “She must’ve gone back to Seoul?” He assumed and slowly took out his cellphone. “What? There are missed calls?” He checked the call register and it was all Tiffany’s.

Even if the wind blowing by seemed to occupy a cold feeling, he dialed her number. There were things unclear to him but he tried to be himself again. The same Lee Hyukjae that everyone came to know.

“Hey, Miyoung-ah!” He tried to have a wide grin on his face.

“Oppa…you must’ve heard.” Tiffany didn’t have the time to joke around with him. She wanted him to listen carefully to her. “Just a few hours ago, Hyoyeon rode the airplane back to Seoul.”

“I know…” Eunhyuk hesitated answering. “That is why I haven’t gotten any sleep.”

“So…this is really the end?” Tiffany couldn’t believe her ex. “You couldn’t be this weak.” Tiffany slung her purse on her right shoulder. She checked everything and was ready to go. “Oh…well, I have business to attend to. You also, right? You had declared that you will never leave England again.” Tiffany pouted a little bit.

“It was meant to be a joke, would you stop being such a b—“

“Arasseo. “ Tiffany smiled with those half-moons glittering slightly. She went out of her apartment and tried to hail a taxi.

“Oh, what the heck. Such a busy day this would be.” Eunhyuk tried to comfortably sit on a couch and make his mind more on the calm side.

In Korea

Though she might be a little jetlagged about everything, Hyoyeon opened the parcel. It was her long-awaited birthday gift, the most treasured of all. She wrapped it on her arms and promised to never let go.

She made it clear that this should be the ending she deserved. On the inside, it wasn’t what she wanted. But, she should just endure after a few years; her dreary days would come by so fast.

“Oh…he’s really an idiot. “ She looked at how it was wrapped. “This really is depressing.” She smirked a little bit. “This is a video message?” She opened her laptop and inserted the disk.

“Hyoyeon-ah!” Hyoyeon got startled with Eunhyuk’s greeting in the video. He looked tired and wrinkled due to the stresses he was experiencing. Hyoyeon just laughed it all off.

“Ah….this is really hard, you know?” Eunhyuk tried to not get embarrassed on the camera. “Yah! Fany-yah! Don’t laugh.” Tiffany’s murmurs were heard as Eunhyuk got red.

“Yah! Yah!” Eunhyuk was already squealing. “Okay…Okay… “

“I don’t know how many years it took already and I’m really getting anxious. I filmed many tourist spots here. I just couldn’t help myself not to.” Hyoyeon saw how he was so sincere by his eyes.

“…I… I really wished you were here. It was really tough living with so many other people that I never had interacted with or even tried, I’m just so hopeless without you here.”

Eunhyuk let out the pictures of his friends, their role to his life, with a wide grin on his face. “I hope you could meet them all.”

Hyoyeon caught him packing and saw the numerous amount of pictures he put in it. She tried to look at the parcel again and saw all of it. The happy sceneries, the sun rising from the east on England, the Big Ben, the monasteries and chapels lined with grand designs.

“If you have a time to go and have a vacation here, I’d gladly come with you each of these places. Well….we never had a proper date together, did we?” Eunhyuk was getting teary on the video.

“Yah! Eunhyuk-ah, don’t get too teary. You really !” Tiffany laughed at the background.

“Aish, you’re really a monkey. You mammal!!!” She laughed and poked a picture of him with the Big Ben as the background.

“You really couldn’t eat any other foreign delicacies.” She looked at the picture of Eunhyuk at a Korean restaurant and saw how he was really popular there. “You must’ve been frequently going there.”

“Ah…after everything that happened this would be the end…” As tears streamed down her face, she didn’t realize that time is already moving forward.

It was already three years.

Hyoyeon worked in SM Entertainment. She watched the trainees to dance and they became her strength.

“Oh…Hyoyeon-ah, you’re here so early.” Onew, whom she constantly calls by his first name, Jinki, was happily sitting beside her.

“Yeah…they really grew up. Haha.” Hyoyeon tried to joke around.  

“Yeah…you too. You really grew up to be a gentle nice woman.”

“What?!” Hyoyeon didn’t hear what he said. But, Onew just tried to change the topic.

“Do you already know what to wear?” Onew tried to look at her eyes.

“What? On Sunny’s and Sungmin-oppa’s wedding. Nope, no idea.” Hyoyeon became serious after mentioning the upcoming wedding.

“Then, let’s go and pick you a nice gown.” Onew winked.

“Tsk. Fine.” Hyoyeon laughed hardly and grabbed Onew’s hand. “So, that we would always be together.”

 

Only a few more chapters and this would be finished.

Thanks~