Something to be Changed

A Dorky Love

Eunhyuk locked himself inside his room. He was holding a picture of Mr. Lee and his wife. He was on his bed and sulked there. He intently looked at the photo. His father resembled Sungmin a lot. His mother was a pure woman at that time. He smirked as he tried to reach his phone. It was ringing overnight. There were calls from Hyoyeon who wanted to talk to him. He couldn't even talk to her and just mumbled to himself, "Sorry, Hyoyeon-ah, you fall in love with a despicable person."

 

-Eunhyuk's POV-

 

I could be misunderstood right now. Abuji, could even ask me how I knew the truth all along and was not saying it to him. I want to explain myself but he was a stubborn man. Anything that I say to him can only complicate these things right now. I also wanted to meet up with Sungmin so I could tell him the truth. I knew all along that they were siblings that is why I wanted them to become closer so Abuji could meet him. So that, I won't be hated by Hyoyeon, I should play the good guy and pretend to not know anything. But, it just all went out to the drain because I fell in love with her.

 

-END OF POV-

 

There were knocks at the door. It was Mr. Lee. "Hyukjae, I wanted to talk to you."

 

He opened the door. His father saw the depressed side of him. "Wae, Abuji?"

 

"Let's go inside first. What are you holding?" 

 

"This is nothing."

 

"Let me look." His father grabbed his wrist and got the picture.

 

"What is this? I never thought that you knew that I am not your father all along and yet---"

 

"Abuji, I want to explain myself."

 

"Abuji? You hid the fact that you are not my son and yet you came after Hyoyeon. That is why from the start you are after her. Since we would explain this to the two of you in the near future, you went out with her. So, so...you could still have the riches you are experiencing right now."

 

"Abuji...." His father slapped him. He was stunned. He touched his cheeks and they were hot red. Tears fell down. 

 

"Do not call me father again. You, you are very despicable. I gave you clothes and treated you like my son and yet, you will do this? You would go out with her and ask us for permission. And to us, thinking that it already happened, would allow you? What a plan!"

 

"You, you misunderstood everything...Umma--" 

 

"Now, get out of this house!!!!....You could pack your clothes and don't ever come back. I am disowning you."

 

Eunhyuk packed all of his clothes and belongings and quietly left the house. He got his passport with him in case that he needed it. It was 12:42. Everything was still dark. Mrs. Kim who couldn't sleep handed him the keys to the apartment.

 

"I...I wanted to come with you. But, Hyoyeon's still my first priority. She must've been really shocked."

 

"Please take care of her. And, tell her that I'm just on vacation to clear my thoughts."

 

"Okay.Ah, son---" Eunhyuk already left. Mrs. Kim mumbled to herself and said, "Please take good care of yourself because umma won't be there for you."

 

It was a quiet morning in the mansion.  Hyoyeon woke up by the time the breakfast was ready. Mrs. Kim and Mr. Lee were not speaking with each other.

 

"Where is he?"

 

"Ah, him. I---" Mr. Lee wanted to explain that Eunhyuk was kicked out of the house. But, Mrs. Kim stopped him.

 

"He is going to take a leave of absence to clear his mind."

 

"Why didn't he tell me?" Hyoyeon wandered. But, she could fell the tension and just sat down. But, she had lost her appetite.

 

"It will be your engagement next week yet..."

 

"We're going to cancel it. There are many arousing problems to be taken cared of first." Mr. Lee declared.

 

"I see..." Hyoyeon quietly replied.

 

Mrs. Kim seemed to be very tense. Hyoyeon thought that she might have been worried about 'him'.

 

"I...I'll be going now." Hyoyeon bid her parents goodbye.

 

Meanwhile, Eunhyuk and Sungmin met up on a cafeteria.

 

"How are you hiding your face like that? Did you kill someone?" Sungmin joked around with the serious Eunhyuk.

 

"Please refrain from saying that. I just want you to know your true...."

 

"True what? Identity? Yeah, I knew about it. But, I won't be going there and claim my inheritance."

 

"So..you knew that---"

 

"Yeah, that we're siblings?"

 

"No...truth is..."

 

Eunhyuk told him about the incident and all of what happened. Sungmin's expression was that of surprised and astonished ones. 

 

"So..that's it.  Hyoyeon and I's relationship seemed to be fated to break."

 

"I'm telling you to be with Abuji right now. I think he needs you because you are his son."

 

 

"Why?"

 

 "His heart is really weak. He didn't intend to marry Mrs. Kim, I mean my real mother, he just wanted to right what has to be corrected."

 

"So what? It doesn't concern me anymore."

 

"Do you not want to talk to your real father even just once?" Sungmin got nervous with what he said. At the back of his mind, he was saying, "Of course. He is still my father. Why does it pain me to see this jerk's expression."

 

"Did you ran out of your house?"

 

"No, I was kicked out. I'll be leaving now. I just wanted to tell you this."

 

"What about the audition?"

 

"Hmmm...Tomorrow...We will be recording the MV. If we will be chosen as the final two to battle each other, I'd just forfeit. It is not like I have dreamed to be a dancer."

 

"Why?"

 

"Because...I'll be breaking up with Hyoyeon at the time."

 

"YOU..." Sungmin punched Eunhyuk. Everyone was scared to see people fighting. They went outside and carried their conversation there.

 

"But...she loves you."

 

"I'm not the right person for her. I wanted her to hate me..."

 

"Why? Don't you love her?"

 

"Because...because...I will be leaving her. A performing arts school abroad scouted me. And, I wanted...to keep my promise to that person."

 

"Promise..."

 

"Yes...I promised that I will fulfill her wish. And that wish is for Hyoyeon to find happiness. And I couldn't give it to her."

 

"Why?"

 

Eunhyuk told her about how his father misunderstood what his real intent was.

 

"That only and yet you-"

 

"I already brought pain to Tiffany and I don't want her to feel it. I don't want her to know how her mother died in my arms...."

 

"I thought it was an accident."

 

"I...I've found out about my identity during my 11th birthday. I tried to kill myself. I ran away and waited for someone to hit me with his car. And yet, she...saved me."

 

"What in the world?"