After 2 Years

A Dorky Love

 

 

It was autumn. The days of the practice made the monkey-face frown in despair due to the workload he was assigned. It was till long ago, that he was able to refresh himself after the performance they hosted.  He satisfied himself with a massage from the university’s therapist.

 

Tiffany offered a bottled can of soda, to the resting Eunhyuk on a nearby bench.

 

“Thank you.” He gladly accepted it, but Tiffany tried to put it away from him. As he tried to reach it, Tiffany always put it away. “Are you playing with me?”

 

“I’m just kidding.” Tiffany chuckled. She bequeathed the drink and said, “Ahhh… It has already been two years.”

 

“What of it?” Eunhyuk, with his arms hanging on the seat support of the bench, gawked blankly on the sky. “What day is it today?”

 

“Mnmmm..  I don’t know. September 19?”

 

“WHAT?” Eunhyuk gave a scream. It was startling. Time flew so fast that he was not able to notice. “I was not able to prepare for a gift last year, why am I doing nothing right now?”

 

“What is that occasion?” Tiffany put her hand on her chin, resembling a curious and thinking detective. “Ahh, Hyoyeon’s birthday.”

 

“Yeah. Oh… I’ll give her a video message.” Eunhyuk left the scene.

 

“Too sweet~” After he left, Tiffany was found tearing up. She was suppressing the feelings of attachment yet she was really jealous. She wanted so much to see him up close so even if it was dirty, she used her connection.

-

 

“What should I say to her?” Eunhyuk was checking if the camera was in good condition. “Should I just send her a letter?” Eunhyuk kept mumbling to himself.

 

“Yeah, I’ll write. Here, goes nothing.”

 

Dear Kim Hyoyeon,

 

Ah…How are you? I hope that…  What are you doing right now? Did you pass the audition?

 

Eunhyuk crumpled a lot of potential letters.

 

“Hmmm… Would it be fine if…” Eunhyuk was staring at the photo frames. “Ah… A photobook of England. No, I mean the school.”

 

-

 

Eunhyuk went outside, taking numerous pictures with his camera. “Ah…  I should label this.” He got a black marker on his brown backpack, as he wrote THE PLACE WHERE I LIVED.

 

“Hmm…should I write it in English to impress her?” Eunhyuk was having troubles yet he took many pictures of his friends. “Oh.. I’ll go to a convenience store. A scrapbook should be made out of this. Wait, I should give her selcas.”

 

Eunhyuk self-cammed himself. He also tried to send a video message. He smiled continuously in the camera. He was too shy. “Ahh… Why am I being like this?”

 

 

-

 

“Ahh… I’ll be sticking it here. “ Eunhyuk was having quandaries in sorting the pictures. “I should finish this so I could send it by mail tomorrow.”

 

Eunhyuk burnt the midnight oil. He was really excited for Hyoyeon to see the package.

 

“Tiffany, could you come in here?” Tiffany was dumbfounded. It was her first time coming to a man’s room.

 

“What is it?” She circled around the room. “Why is your room a mess? You’re a really organized man.”

 

“Oh…because of this.” Showing the ugly… sincerely made photobook, Tiffany began to chuckle.

 

“Oppa… let me arrange that for you. It’s Hyo’s birthday yet… you’re like that.”

 

“I’m really sorry. It was my first time doing that. I really don’t know how to do girly stuffs.”

 

“Then, why are you doing that for Hyoyeon?”

 

“Huh? It’s because…” Eunhyuk was smiling like a crazy man unable to find an answer.

 

“You are so hopeless. I sent Hyoyeon-ssi a nice make-up set. You really don’t understand girls.”

 

“I want her birthday to be a happy one.”

 

“Of course, me too.” Tiffany was obliged. She never received a gift so sweet like this from Eunhyuk. Yet, she still helped him out… out of love.

 

“Fany, sorry, this is your gift.  It has been a month yet…”

 

“What is this?”

 

“A little token of thanks. I was not able to give it to you since we’re really busy.”

 

“Should I open this?” The small box with a white ribbon was slowly opened by Tiffany. She couldn’t believe what was inside. “This is a pure-gold necklace. Thank you.”

 

“I’ll put it for you.”

 

“Why is it gold?”

 

“So that it will never rust.  Like our friendship.”

 

“You’re too kind.” Tiffany was contrite since the ring incident. Yet, she was moved as he slowly fasten the chain and looked at her wearing it.

 

“You’re so pretty.”

 

“Ahh…Let’s wrap this up and send it to Hyoyeon.”

 

“Yeah.. I can’t imagine her face after she sees this.”

 

 

-

 

“Ah… We’ve sent it at last.” Eunhyuk looked so glorified.

 

“Mnmm.. I hope she liked that.” Tiffany felt so tired as she redone everything from scratch.

 

“But, is that nice? That necklace?” Eunhyuk was expecting for a nice answer.

 

“Yeah. You’re really stingy so I thought you wouldn’t spend like this.”

 

“Well, so sorry.” Eunhyuk pouted.

 

Tiffany just laughed. She changed from a greedy woman to a kind and gentle young lady. She wished that she could be beside him even just a friend.

 

-Korea

 

“What is this?” Hyoyeon got the package. “Ahjussi, do you know who sent this?” Hyoyeon looked thoroughly at the package.

 

“Ah… I shouldn’t be knowing that.” The honest mailman bid his goodbye.

 

“Ah…kamsahamnida.” Hyoyeon couldn't find words to express as she read that it was definitely from Eunhyuk.

 

Hyoyeon was flustered to who it was. She was not able to realize that it was her birthday already.

 

“To my beloved Princess F-I-O-N-A” Hyoyeon was moved to tears. Her tear-inducing eyes gave out. She was deeply loved by him yet she was wasting her time doing nothing and even not caring for her body, just to pass the time.

 

“Omo~ Was it from Hyukjae?” Her mom interrupted her dramatic moment.

 

“Yeah, I don’t know what this is.” Hyoyeon honestly didn’t know the contents of the package.

 

“Let’s open it together.” Her mom was obviously curious. She grabbed the package.

 

“No, mom. It’ s my day so…”

 

“Yeah, I was just kidding.”

 

“Umma… did you prepare something for me?”

 

“Of course. Just don’t get too happy about that, and forget to celebrate with us.”

 

“Yeah. I’ll bear in mind.”

 

Hyoyeon excitedly went upstairs. She was dazed as she was viewing the video message committed to her.

Really sorry for the delay.

I was not able to collect my thoughts and I'm already at my wit's end.

But, I regained my inspiration.

So, this a successful update.