After All We Have Gone Through

A Dorky Love

 

===================================================================================================================

‘It is not really a good thing or a bad one if you would just say goodbye to the one you love.’ It was not something Eunhyuk wanted to say. He had previously broken up with Tiffany and was still suffering the fragments of the incident. He also didn’t want the things he planned to happen perfectly as long as he could say how much she had been to his life.

So now, let’s hear out their goodbyes with each other. This is not planned to be a sentimental or a sad one but just really nostalgic. So, hear is the chapter.

=============================================================================================

Walking through the side streets, Eunhyuk looked up to see a sunny day. He walked more as he heard the bustling sound of the trees. He was not able to sleep because of the plans he had been assuring himself to work out. He found a vacant bench and tried to rest for a little bit. He phoned Hyoyeon to ask where she was but he couldn’t get through.

He tried to get up and go to the hotel where he had his first sight on Hyoyeon. Their meeting made a significant impact to his life. From up to now, he could all bear in mind the days that had been what they call their ‘everyday life’. Their laughter still echoed on his ears as if it was just yesterday. He went upstairs and sat on a reserved table.

Suddenly, Hyoyeon was there. “Have you waited for so long?” She was really pretty and proper. Her eyes were dazzling and Eunhyuk could only be flustered about it.

“Are there any problem?”

“Ah, sit down.” Eunhyuk smiled as he stared at the pretty Hyoyeon. “Wah~ I never thought I could go here, for the second time.”

“Let’s order now.” Eunhyuk handed the menu. “Thank you.” Hyoyeon held the menu tightly as she looked for scrumptious dishes and delightful desserts.

Eunhyuk just looked at her, smiling and enjoying the time. “Why? Let’s order this.” Eunhyuk called for the waiter and ordered.

“Why do we need to be here?”

“Ah…because I wanted to have a happy time with you, of course.”

“It was not long ago when we started to go out.”

“Of course. This is our first date so we should enjoy it.” At the back of Eunhyuk’s mind, “Yeah, Our first and last.” He had a serious expression on his face. After they ate, they stroll around the nearby park and went to the mall.

“Do you want me to buy you clothes?” Eunhyuk asked. “No way, let’s buy couple items.” Hyoyeon exclaimed. “Why? It’s not really a big deal to---…Fine..” Eunhyuk just agreed.

“Wah~..So cute..Let’s buy this.” Hyoyeon saw cute couple items for Eunhyuk. They just bought it and go with another. “Yah, do you have any problem? You don’t look like your normal self.” Eunhyuk just replied that he is fine.

“Hey, look, what’s with that?”

“Ah, a contest for couples. Oh, look the prize looked like that couple necklaces the host is showing.” Hyoyeon smiled. She was really engrossed to joining.

“Fine. Let’s go.”

“Yay!!!” Hyoyeon ran fast to the scene. Eunhyuk just followed her.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

-AT THE LOCATION-

            “Ehh? What did you say we just need to dance that embarrassing couple dance?”

            “Ah, yes. Here are the forms. Where’s your boyfriend?” The host asked.

            “Aigoo~…Let’s go.” Hyoyeon dragged the unwilling Eunhyuk.

            “Here. Is he?” Hyoyeon smiled but she saw the suspicious look on the host. “Why?”

            “Ah..Miss…you’re really pretty but how did you…ended up with this man?”

            “Yah! I could hear the two of you mumbling.” Eunhyuk shouted.

            “Oh…It’s a secret.” Hyoyeon smiled as she looked at Eunhyuk.

 

The contest was really tiring. It was really hard and they need to dance embarrassing stuffs so they really need to keep their cool. At the end of the day, they still won the necklaces.

            “Ah..is this pure gold?” Hyoyeon asked Eunhyuk.

            “It couldn’t be. It looked bogus to me.”

            “No way it is bogus. This was previously owned by the husband and wife who owned this mall, noh? It was said that they did this because they wanted to invite the winning couple 4 years from now to ask about their relationship.” The host butted again. “But, it doesn’t looked like you’ll last a month.”

            “Ahjussi, stop being negative.” Hyoyeon opposed.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

-ON A NEARBY PARK-

            The two were exhausted. The sun was about to set. They sat down on a bench. Hyoyeon leaned on Eunhyuk’s shoulder. She hesitated at first but then Eunhyuk just let her.

            “Hey, let’s wear this. And, attend the reconciliation after 4 years.”

            “Hyoyeon, I have something to say to you.”

            “What?” Hyoyeon noticed the strange tone on Eunhyuk’s voice.

            “Do you know where we first met?”

            “Oh…at the hotel…”

            “No. It was even before. At that masquerade ball.”

            “Huh? SO…you were the one beside me. The rival I want to beat.”

            “Why do you look disappointed?”

            “No. It’s like fate. Our parents were connected and we previously met. “ Hyoyeon suddenly laughed.  Her hands were frozen cold so Eunhyuk held it tightly.

            “The MV we worked on. It was accepted but only one of us could go and train there.”

            “Why? I want to be together with you.”

Suddenly, Tiffany came in. She ran to Eunhyuk and asked if they won’t be late.

“What’s going on?” Hyoyeon was surprised.

“Hyoyeon-ah, I’ll go to abroad in England, precisely. I had a professor scouting me on that. It has long been my dream. I wanted to be a professional performer so that I could fulfill me and my father’s dream so I would set out my goals.”

“Why?”

“Tiffany-ssi, please wait at your car.”

“I…I understand.” Tiffany went to her car parked nearby. She was worried for the two.

“Can’t we have a long-distance relationship?”

“I want to break up with you.”

“Why?...After we…we have gone through so much. I used to hate you but then you showed me something about life that I have been constantly asking, you thought me to love and to dance with passion.” Hyoyeon stood up and started to go. But, Eunhyuk pulled her arms.

“Please hear me out. I know that this would be the best for us. I think that maybe if we would break up, we could fulfill our dreams. Also, I think that because we’re too young, we could find our partners in life…even if we’re not each other’s partner.” Eunhyuk tried to hide his trembling voice and the tears that he was suppressing.

“I don’t want…this nightmare. If I close my eyes, this would be gone.” Hyoyeon cried as she closed her eyes and covered her swollen face due to crying.

“This would be the best. You could fine someone better than me. Someone worthy for you who would give up everything for you.” Eunhyuk hugged her. “Please, stop crying. After 4 years, we would be together. If our affections with each other would still be with us, then maybe…we could work it out.”

Hyoyeon tried to wipe her tears. “I understand. Now, go! Be a great dancer and come back here!!..If you wouldn’t, then I’ll go there and kill you!..You monkey.

“Sorry, my princess.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hyoyeon was the first one to go. She ran and took a bus while crying and hiding her face to everyone. Eunhyuk stayed there while reminiscing all of their memories.