Rendezvous Point

A Dorky Love

 

Monday Morning, 9:30 AM

“Hyoyeon, let’s go…”

“Umma, just go alone…”

“But, it is you are going to meet your new father.”

“I don’t care.”

 

Hyoyeon was forcibly stepped out of her room. She brushes her teeth and cleans herself. She wore the dress her mother prepared for her. She looks gorgeous. All of her problems lie on her personality. Even if she is pretty, charming and good at dancing, she is lazy and uncommunicable.  All she wants is to find a boyfriend like Super Junior’s Siwon.

 

“Hyoyeon, you should meet his son. He is around the same age as you.”

“Really? You should have told me from the start.” Hyoyeon who puts on light makeup hurriedly beautified herself.

“It’s because you are not listening to me.” Her mother is saying that while she puts on her red lipstick.

“Ah… I should have woken up early.”

“Hurry up! I’ve gotta leave you if you won’t do.”

“’Kay. Just a sec.”

 

=Hyoyeon’s POV=

Pssshh. Who told her to find a rich man to marry? Agghh… I hope my makeup and my attire won’t go to waste. What if, what if he is not handsome.. Agghh… I gotta hurry. My mom’s gotta leave me.

 

“Wait up!”

“Why did you prepare like that? Are you the one getting married?”

“But, you said that his son’s hot.”

“So, that is your aim.”

“Let’s just go.”

 

                My father’s dead ever since I’m only 8. He died because of a heart attack. My mom cried and cried out loud since then. She revitalized since meeting that man. Thanks to him, my mom’s back to normal. Sorry, Appa, but we should go forward. But, I still love you. Don’t forget to watch over me but don’t take me early. It is creepy.

 

Hyoyeon and her mom went to a nice hotel. It is DAEBAK. Everything is flawless, good and very organized.  Her mother went to a restaurant. The restaurant is classic. This is the first time Hyoyeon’s gotta experience fine dining.

 

“Mom? Why are you meeting him on daytime? Isn’t it more romantic if you meet when it’s already night?

“Oh, it is because that man is busy. Ahh..I should have put on more make-up.” Her mother is looking at a mirror.

There comes a man. He is well-built and old. He is wearing a white tuxedo. Hyoyeon’s mother got excited.

 

“You must have waited long.”

“Ah no… Please take a seat, Mr. Lee.”

“So, she is your daughter?”

“Yes.”

“She is pretty. Oh wait, I have to introduce my son.”

“Where is he?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Ah, he’s gotta be there.”

 

Hyoyeon’s eyes followed the man. She saw a group of girls going gaga on a guy. But, she couldn’t see that guys face.

 

“Hey! We’re on a meeting.”

“Oops, I forgot..”

“Oh..what should I do to you? Go back.”

“’Kay. Thank God I had their numbers..:)”

 

Hyoyeon saw the son’s face.

 

Hyoyeon’s POV

WHAT!?... WHAT!? He looks like a monkey… Why? He might think that I really like him to put on such a dress and makeup. You gotta be kidding me.  His only good point is that he came from a rich family. Oh.. what’s up? Why did he smile? His gums are freaky. Ahhggg…..

 

“Hi, I’m Lee Hyukjae. Call me Eunhyuk. You are?”

 “Mom, I gotta go to the CR.” Hyoyeon asked her mom.

“Ah then, you should hurry up.”

“Wow..She’s a hot chick. Pops, what’s her name?”

“You should not court her. You will be siblings.”

“I’m just asking. Tsk. Hey, ahjumma, why is there dirt on my face?”  Hyoyeon's mom is staring at him from head to foot.

“Who do you call an ahjumma, huh?” Hyoyeon’s mother got angry.

“Ah, sorry for that. Let’s talk."