Putting Your Plan into Action

The Female Hoya
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Like your uncle promised, your activities increased and as it did, your sleeping hours decreased. You were more tired in the morning, but didn’t complain, since it was your idea in the first place. You dragged yourself to the bathroom one morning and washed up. Patting your cheeks lightly, you tried to wake yourself up. It took a lot of energy to just walk down the stairs without tripping on the steps and face-planting onto the ground. Your mom worriedly glanced at her daughter, looking thinner and paler than usual.

“Are you alright?” She asked. “You know, you don’t have to participate in more activities. We’ll figure something out.”

You shook your head, pouring yourself some coffee. “I’m fine, just a bit tired. Nothing I can’t handle.”

“She’s just as stubborn as you are.” Your mom gave your father a look.

He shrugged. “Can’t be helped. Anyways, don’t push yourself too hard, ok? I don’t want you ending up in the hospital.”

You nodded and munched on a piece of toast. An hour later, you headed to Woollim and practiced with Hoya for a few hours. Then, you went to your endless activities: a recording on Strong Heart, an episode of Cooking with Korean Idols (lol made this up haha; needed a cooking show and couldn’t find one), Dream Team with Hoya, a recording on Star King, a radio show, and a performance.

On Strong Heart, you talked about the story of you and Hoya before debut, when you two pranked each other. But of course, you got his permission first. You told everything, from your prank with the vinegar to his prank with the coffee. Well, make that almost everything. You felt the part where he threatened you about telling your situation with your parents should be left a secret between the two of you. Everyone listened intently and made their comments about it. Other artists shared their stories well. In the end, you ended winning for being the best storyteller.

Next was Cooking with Korean Idols. On this show, Korean idols have an opportunity to showcase their cooking skills or learn some new cooking techniques. You took Sungyeol’s advice to heart. If you wanted to be known as more than just the ‘Female Hoya,’ you were going to have to prove it, and showing your talents/interests that differ from Hoya’s was a start. The task was to reinvent a Korean dish and make it different from the traditional flavors. The dish was tteokbokki. You remembered a recipe your aunt used to make when you were younger and you and Sungyeol loved it. It was decided; you were going to use her recipe. During the judging, the judges took a liking towards your dish and gave you praises. You didn’t take all the credit and added that it was your aunt’s recipe. Nonetheless, you ended up the victor of the episode.

Dream Team with Hoya was after. He met up with you at the filming place. The staff rushed the two

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter