Hanging out with the Best Friend

The Female Hoya
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was a free day for you, thank goodness. You haven’t had a proper sleep ever since your debut – not that you were complaining, since you love your job – but the exhaustion was starting the kick in. Instead of spending your whole day catching up on sleep, you decided to visit someone you haven’t seen in a while. Unfortunately, you had to turn down Sunggyu’s offer to hang out since you really wanted to visit someone. But, on the bright side, you did schedule another day to hang out with him in the near future. Howon was going to spend his day getting ready to hang out with Haemi.

You showered and got dressed. Looking at yourself in the mirror, you were satisfied with how you looked: black shorts, a floral tank top, and a black cardigan. You braided your hair in two and slipped on your black Converse. Putting in your necessities in your bag, you wore your sunglasses and looked around your room, in case you forgot something. Seeing that there wasn’t anything you forgot, you left your room and went downstairs.

“Good morning umma, appa.” You greeted.

“Where are you off to?” Your dad asked.

“Yes, I’m curious. You don’t have work today.” Your mom added.

Everything was alright after their letter to you. They told you in person that they accepted your decision and would give the responsibility of taking over the company to your cousin who loved fashion. You thanked them many times, but they said it was the only thing they could do, after all you did for them.

“I’m visiting an old friend.” You replied, smiling.

Your mom knowingly nodded. “It has been a long time since you’ve seen him. Have fun!”

You bade farewell to your parents and left the house. You called a taxi, asked the driver where to buy the best and freshest fruits, and asked if he could drive you there. Getting off the car for a moment, you looked for the best fruit you could find. It was a bit pricey, but you only wanted the best. You paid the lady and left. You stopped by a store and bought a box of cupcakes. You told the taxi driver your destination and relaxed. Finally, the taxi pulled over to an area, lush green grass swaying in the light breeze. You inhaled the fresh air and handed the taxi driver the money. He left and you carried what you brought with you. You found one of the two houses you were looking for and knocked. She came out and was surprised.

“Hi auntie!” You beamed.

“~~~-ah!” She embraced you tenderly. “It’s been so long! I saw you on TV! You did it! You finally made your dreams come true! I’m so proud of you!”

That’s why you loved your aunt so much. She was supportive when your parents weren’t and she took care of you when they didn’t.

“Thank you auntie. I couldn’t have done it without you.” You smiled.

“Come inside for a while.” She made a move to bring your stuff in, but you stopped her.

“It’s ok, I got it.” You said, gently pushing her hands away.

You brought your things in and your aunt rushed to get some tea.

“It’s fine auntie. I’ll be leaving in a bit.” You said.

“Nonsense. Have some tea before you leave.” She said, bringing out the teapot and cups.

She poured you and herself some. You took out the cupcake box and put it on the table.

“I got you some cupcakes since you love them so much.” You said, opening the lid.

She smiled. “Thank you dear.”

You sipped your tea and enjoyed one of the cupcakes. She and you talked excitedly about your job. You told her about everything – Howon, Sunggyu, Haemi, Dongwoo, and JungYeop being your uncle.

“I just remembered… Auntie, wasn’t your husband named JungYeop? The one that disappeared a long time ago?”

She nodded thoughtfully.

“Could it be him?” You asked.

“I don’t think so dear.” She said. “He never told me about becoming a CEO or anything.”

“But there’s a possibility!” You pointed out. “I’ll take you to meet him one day and we’ll see!”

“It’s ok sweetie.” She shook her head.

“Come on auntie. He’s disappeared for so long. There may be a chance that it’s him! I’m taking you no matter what.” You said. “And you know when my mind is set, there’s no stopping me.”

“Yes, I know. You’re such a stubborn girl, just like your father.” She said. “Well, I’ve kept you here long enough. Go see him. I’m sure he’s working right now. I’m positive he wants to see you.”

You hugged her and left. Carrying your basket it one hand, you put your shades back on. You looked for your friend’s house. Finding it, you knocked and his mom opened. Her expression showed shock and surprise.

“~~~-ah,” She breathed.

“It’s been a while.” You said, ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter