Acceptance

The Female Hoya
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You and Hoya stared at your dad in disbelief. Give up his career as a dancer at Woollim? That meant he couldn’t be Hoya anymore. He would just be Lee Howon. No more doing what he loved doing and getting to share it with the world and his fans. He couldn’t imagine life without dancing for Woollim, but he also couldn’t imagine life without you.

You looked to your mom; then to your dad.

“Is this some kind of sick joke?” You asked, getting up. “Tell me this is just a joke. You can’t be serious.”

Your dad shrugged. “He said he’d do anything.”

“Yeah, but telling him to give up his dreams in order to date me is out of the question!” You protested. “That’s like asking you to quit your job as a fashion designer!”

“We already accepted your relationship as friends, but it won't be any more than that. You tried to ruin her life once before, isn't that right?“ Your dad said.

“We want to be able to trust that he can take care of you well. How do we know that what happened before won’t happen again? We have to prevent it.” Your mom said, gently. “Surely, Howon understands.” 

“So, what is your answer young man? Your dreams or my daughter?” Your dad asked.

During the middle of your talking, Hoya got up and stood next to you. “I did say that I’d do anything for her.”

You turned to Hoya, disbelief written all over your face. “Don’t tell me you’re actually going to do what he said?!”

“If it means that I can continue to date you… then I will whatever it takes.” He firmly said. “I’ll quit being an idol.”

The room was dead silent. You stared at Hoya in horror. What did he just do? He was throwing away his dreams just to date you. Was he in his right mind?

“Congratulations, you passed! I told you he would.” Your mom said.

The last sentence was directed towards your dad.

 Congratulations? What was going on?

“Um… I’m sorry, congratulations?” Hoya repeated.

“Yes, you passed our test. We allow you to continue dating our daughter. But do anything to hurt our little angel and you'll regret it.” Your mom smiled.

There was something about her smile. It wasn't by means just a friendly one. There was a threatening aura surrounding your mom that you haven't seen since your last

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter