Jealousy and a Missing LeenA

The Female Hoya
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You came back from a friendly date with Sunggyu since practice started late today. Hoya was already at your practice room, having finished some personal business there a while before. You came in, happily smiling to yourself. His heart fluttered seeing your happy face, but then his expression darkened – just a little – when he realized that he wasn’t the reason of it. You set your things down, tied up your hair, and stood in position. He turned the music and it began playing loudly from the speakers. The next few hours were filled with intense dancing and 100% concentration. He monitored both of your dancing, but more of yours. He seemed to notice that your moves were off a bit.

He stopped, “Your dancing is slightly off.”

“Huh?” You were previously in serious thought, so you didn’t hear what he said.

“I said you’re off beat.” He repeated. “Maybe you shouldn’t hang out with Sunggyu hyung so much. Maybe you should spend that time practicing and making sure your moves are perfect.” He suddenly said.

“What do you mean I ‘shouldn’t hang out with Sunggyu oppa so much’ and that I ‘should spend that time practicing and making sure my moves are perfect’?” You asked. “Aren’t I the person that’s in charge of my own actions? And my dancing wasn’t off; if you were monitoring yourself, you were the one offbeat.”

He thought about it. Then, it suddenly hit him. He was too busy watching your dancing that he didn’t notice how offbeat he became.

“Oh…”

“And what, you can hang out with Haemi, but I can’t hang out with Sunggyu oppa?”

“My situation is different.” He replied.

“How?!” You asked.

“It just is!”

“Shouldn’t you be happy for me? I thought friends support each other!” You asked, hurt.

“What if I want us to be more than friends?!”

“…what?” Did you hear correctly?

“You know what? Never mind. I’ll see you later for the performance. If JungYeop-ssi comes, tell him I left early.” He grabbed his things and quickly left.

You suddenly didn’t want feel like practicing anymore. You also took your stuff, told your uncle that you were leaving and that Hoya already left, and exited Woollim.

After dropping your stuff at home, you made your way to Han River to clear your mind. You sat down on the green grass under a shady tree. To your right was the street, filled with bustling people and cars, while your left was the river. You looked at the calm surface of the river. Coincidentally, Hoya was there too. He was on the opposite side of the tree, in the same exact position as you. He was staring at the people walking by, the couples freely expressing their love for each other. It seems like you both go to the Han River when you're troubled, proving the fact that you two were very alike.

You were thinking about what Hoya said earlier.

“And what, you can hang out with Haemi, but I can’t hang out with Sunggyu oppa?”

“My situation is different.” He replied.

“How?!” You asked.

“It just is!”

“Shouldn’t you be happy for me? I thought friends support each other!” You asked, hurt.

“What if I want us to be more than friends?!”

“What if I want us to be more th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter