Unwanted Identity

The Female Hoya
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hoya and the Female Hoya Strikes Again with Their Tenth Consecutive Win!” “Hoya and his Female Version Take Home First!” “Hoya and the Female Hoya to Participate in an Episode of Dream Team!” You were in your practice room, reading the titles of the articles posted on various sites. Lately, the words ‘Female Hoya’ have been occurring more than usual. Again, you weren’t annoyed – just not as happy as you should be about it. Comments on YouTube compared the both of you. “Woah, LeenA is the female version of Hoya!” “She’s exactly like Hoya! She’s the Female Hoya haha!” “She’s the female version of Hoya!” “Hoya has a female twin! They like and dislike the same things, have the similar personalities, and have a passion for dancing. She really is the female Hoya!” You stared at the screen and sighed. What could you do so you could be recognized by others for being yourself and not the ‘Female Hoya’?

Hoya plopped himself on the chair beside you. “What are you reading?”

“Articles and comments about us,” You said, scrolling down the endless comments that stated how you were so alike to Hoya.

“Oohh! I want to read too!” He said, switching his attention to the computer screen. “Don’t scroll too quickly! I can’t read that fast!”

“No need,” You replied, “they’re all the same anyways.”

“What do you mean?” He seemed to sense your discontent.

“They all say that I’m the female version of you.” You said.

“You sound bothered by it.”

“I am.” You answered.

“Why?” He asked, genuinely confused.

You shook your head. “You wouldn’t understand.”

“Maybe I would.” He said. “Maybe you should be going to me and telling your problems instead of other people.”

“What?” You didn’t catch the last part of his sentence.

“Er,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter