Terrible Hangover and Talk with Sungyeol

The Female Hoya
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You blinked a few times and stared at the light purple ceiling. Slowly sitting up, you grabbed your throbbing head.

“Got a little too excited yesterday huh?” A voice asked.

“Guess so,” You said, glancing at the clock. “Who let you in anyway? My parents aren’t home at this time.”

“I know where you keep your spare keys, remember?”

“Oh, yeah. Sorry, my brain is not functioning properly.” You closed your eyes for a moment, regretting drinking so much alcohol the day before.

“It’s alright. Here, drink up. It’ll help with your hang over.”

“How’d you know I’d come back drunk Sungyeol oppa?” You asked, taking a sip of the drink.

“I figured.” He replied vaguely. “It was just a feeling.”

You nodded, looking around your room. Everything seemed to be spinning slightly. 

“Care to tell me why you left early yesterday?” You asked, trying to focus your vision.

“I told you, my aunt was sick.” He replied.

“You do know that you don’t have an aunt right?”

He paused for a second. “…my other aunt…?”

“Sungyeol oppa, at least sound convincing when you lie.” You sighed. “You make it sound as if even you don’t know.”

“Alright, you caught me.” He raised his hands up in surrender.

“So, tell me the real reason.” You leaned forward, curious.

“Why don’t you freshen up? I’m sure your feeling uncomfortable since you didn’t shower last night.” He suggested.

“Ok, I’ll be right back.” You finished your cup of tea and went to wash up.

You got up and almost fell, but Sungyeol caught you. You thanked him and walked toward your restroom. Before entering, you accidentally bumped into the door. You rubbed your head and cursed at the alcohol after-affects. Finished, you came out and sat on your bed again.

“Now, tell me.” You said.

“Let’s have breakfast downstairs.”

“Alright.” You went downstairs and cooked breakfast for the both of you.

You two were sitting across from each other, eating in silence.

“So why did you leave yesterday?”

“We should finish our breakfast first –“

“Sungyeol oppa!” You said, exasperated. “I’ve let the other times that you avoided my question pass since I thought you’d tell me when you were ready, but you didn’t. Do you not trust me or something?”

“No! It’s not that!” He shook his head. “I trust you! A lot!”

“Then why aren’t you telling me?” You asked. “What’s the matter?”

“I – I left because I felt like I didn’t belong.”  He confessed. “Everyone was wearing big brand name things while I wore was a pair of dark jeans and one of my best shirts. They made me feel insecure and as if I wasn’t good enough to be there, without even needing to say anything! I guess that’s how it’s meant to be. I’m not worthy enough to know or even be your friend. I have no talents. I can’t sing. I can’t dance. I can’t act. They’re stars – singers, dancers, entertainers, actors – like you, while me? I’m just an average boy from the countryside.”

“Don’t say that.” You said, putting your hand on top of his on the table, giving it a gentle squeeze. “How many times do I have to tell you that I don’t care if you’re not like them? I like you the way you are. If I didn’t, why are we still friends? You are who you are and that is Lee Sungyeol, the littl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter