09

Fixing A Broken Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Shinhye’s POV]

 

 

I don’t know why I’m heading towards the balcony. Why am I listening to him? But what I can’t deny is I’m really curios of what he’s going to say. Is he going to apologize? My heart’s hoping he would but maybe he wants me to leave this place or tells me to shut up about our past.

As soon as I step outside, the night chillness rushes through my body. It’s a long walk as I shake my head from all the possible things that can happen. After a while of turning some corners and walking, I can finally see him, back facing me. I can feel the fast beat of my heart as cold sweat’s cooling my palms. Nervousness is conquering me.

‘Be strong, Shinhye. He can’t see you all weak. At least don’t cry.’

 

I halt and take a deep breath when our bodies are not far from each other. I think he already knows my presence, judging from the clacking sound of Boyoung heels that I’m wearing.

‘What is it?’ He turns to face me and for the first time since he left me, I can see his eyes. And I really can’t tell what they’re trying to say. He’s quiet for a while with him eyeing me nonstop.

 

‘So this’s what you’ve become after I became a singer?’ His cynical question hits me, like I’m being slapped hard on the face.

‘What do you mean?’ I act stupid, not meeting his gaze.

‘Dating some rich guy, wearing stuff like this.. Tsk. You really changed, Park Shinhye..’ I bit my lip, restraining my anger. That’s it. He’s going to hear what I’m going to say.

‘Me? Changed? Haha.. It’s like you’re talking about yourself, Yonghwa-shi..’ He’s taken aback when I addressed him formally. ‘Dating a famous SNSD member, kissing her in public, not calling me since you left, insulted me with your sick gaze and those absurd accusations about me.. It’s you who changed!’ I spit those words at his face, like what I always wanted to do since he left me.

‘Time flies, Shinhye.. I’m happier now. I finally have things that I always wanted to have since I was little. My life’s complete now.’ Those words hurt me more. So our memories together are not the things that he really cherished? Everything about us is meaningless to him?

‘Don’t cry, Shinhye..’ My conscious inside my head’s screaming those words at me.

‘So hurting other people makes you happier?’

‘But what I can see is you’re happier too, with that rich guy.. So, everyone’s happy, right?’ I clench my fist tight.

‘You’re right! I am happy! Thank

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter